Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2009

Brad

I went back this morning and spoke to management at Target. I can see both sides of this argument. I know that I was not intentionally trying to pull one over on Target. I asked the cashier yesterday if the TAG reading system coupon was fine to use for the TAG reading system books and she said yes. The management at Target agreed the wording on the coupon was confusing. That said...I do undertand people's comments about the picture on the coupon. I would not recommend trying to use this coupon for anything other than the boxed TAG system. Let's please drop this now. Thanks

I went back this morning and spoke to management at Target. I can see both sides of this argument. I know that I was not intentionally trying to pull one over on Target. I asked the cashier yesterday if the TAG reading system coupon was fine to use for the TAG reading system books and she said yes. The management at Target agreed the wording on the coupon was confusing. That said...I do undertand people's comments about the picture on the coupon. I would not recommend trying to use this coupon for anything other than the boxed TAG system. Let's please drop this now. Thanks

Amen!

Post It Note cubes that have 20% extra or 20% more on it are part of the BTS clearance. Many, many found in the regular office supplies aisle. They are $1.12 at 75% off. If they ring up $3.23 and the rest of BTS is 75%, ask a price change team member to scan it. I got about 20 at 3 different stores.

My entire trunk is full of paper, pens, highlighters and scissors for my boy's elementary. Now I have to find a way to get over there with it since I don't do pickup for the car pool till Friday, and I know it is killing my mileage! I want to give our teachers first shot at what they want. :-)

Do not know if this was mentioned before but if anyone is looking for the NEW Barbie movie , Barbie and the three muskeeters if you are try to find one with a coupon for 5.00 off any other barbie movie with the purchase of 3 musketeer movie. Target had three Barbie movies for 5.00 so for 14.99 I was able to get my DD two . I think the titles of the other barbie movies where fairytopia, prince and the pauper and swan-lake.

Look in the camping section where all the coolers & stuff are. There are some mixed in there. They put them back to stock rather than marking them all down. The only difference is the barcode on the bottom. You will find they look the same but the sticker barcode on the bottom has different numbers.

I did go to the camping area and look a couple of weeks ago, but they didn't have any hidden..:(:fluffy:

Just got a letter in the mail yesterday from Target explaining that they are no longer going to give out 10% off reward certificates if you are a REdcard holder. Starting Oct 19, they will give 5% discount on ALL your Target purchases made with the redcard-- everyday.

Wondered if others got this too?? In the first paragraph, they bolded exclusively for cardholders in the "Kansas City Area". Wondered if this is a trial area or if they just bolded the city names when they sent the letter out nationally.

I'm pretty happy about it. I always felt like I had to race around to all the stores on the days I used my 10% reward to take FULL advantage of it... sort of ridiculous, I know. This way, the savings is everyday without any certificate to carry around.

(They included a 10% off certificate in the letter they sent me to use one last time. I guess to give customers credit for their existing points according to their explanation.)

(They included a 10% off certificate in the letter they sent me to use one last time. I guess to give customers credit for their existing points according to their explanation.)

It could be test marketing or a state law change. Just curious, did they say how they would credit customers for existing points? I have 35,000 points on my Red Card as I use it for my business.

Folks,

I enjoy a healthy debate and by no means am I trying to attack anyone at all.

My first instinct would be that the ethical thing to do would be to only use the coupon for the product which it was intended.

But upon further thought, I was just wondering if the people who thought that using the $10 coupon on the book also did NOT buy any MM. After all, we all know that they were not intended to sell for .69 for the whole pack, it just happened to scan that way due to a mistake on Target's part. Wasn't buying these fraud too? Wasn't the ethical thing to do is to report this to the manager or pay .69 for each juice. Didn't we all just take advantage of this Target scanning mistake? When Target figured out they were losing money, they fixed the problem.

I was lurking and had to register to reply to this.

Target's policy is to sell the item at whatever lower price it scans at. When the juice boxes ring up at .59 (at my store), they sell them for .59. No, they do not break them apart because it is Target's policy not to. Also, Arkansas state law states that it has to be sold at the lower price. This is the "bait and switch" law. I don't know of any state that doesn't have this law. Neice has her jurist (Doctorate of law) degree so I know that is the law.

I don't know what happened on the tag readers. I have to go back now and read.

Just got a letter in the mail yesterday from Target explaining that they are no longer going to give out 10% off reward certificates if you are a REdcard holder. Starting Oct 19, they will give 5% discount on ALL your Target purchases made with the redcard-- everyday.

Wondered if others got this too?? In the first paragraph, they bolded exclusively for cardholders in the "Kansas City Area". Wondered if this is a trial area or if they just bolded the city names when they sent the letter out nationally.

I'm pretty happy about it. I always felt like I had to race around to all the stores on the days I used my 10% reward to take FULL advantage of it... sort of ridiculous, I know. This way, the savings is everyday without any certificate to carry around.

I would LOVE LOVE LOVE this policy change! KC, are you in KS or MO?

It could be test marketing or a state law change. Just curious, did they say how they would credit customers for existing points? I have 35,000 points on my Red Card as I use it for my business.

The letter says, "The current REDcard points program ends on October 18, 2009. There will be no more points to earn toward 10% off days once the 5% savings begins. But we want to reward you for the points you have already earned with the enclosed 10% off certificate. Bring it in right away to save on an entire day of shopping at Target stores."

So..... I dunno what they will do with outstanding points. The third sentence could be interpreted to mean that the enclosed 10% off coupon is their way of wrapping up the program and closing it out. But, I have no idea.

Just wanted to second the suggestion of checking the sporting good area for the BTS Thermos containers(75% off or $3.98). At first glance it's hard to tell them apart other than the bar codes, but then I realized how to do it. The BTS ones had little plastic hangers on both the drink Thermos and the food container Thermos. If you are in FW, Indiana you can check the NE (Stellhorn) or Jeff Point store. At Jeff Point(on Tuesday) there were still a bunch in the sporting good section and I got the last one at Glenbrook.

The letter says, "The current REDcard points program ends on October 18, 2009. There will be no more points to earn toward 10% off days once the 5% savings begins. But we want to reward you for the points you have already earned with the enclosed 10% off certificate. Bring it in right away to save on an entire day of shopping at Target stores."

So..... I dunno what they will do with outstanding points. The third sentence could be interpreted to mean that the enclosed 10% off coupon is their way of wrapping up the program and closing it out. But, I have no idea.

Yeah, that just screams class action lawsuit, but the 5% all the time thing might be nice given how much I obviously shop there. I guess we'll see if it happens here.

Just wanted to second the suggestion of checking the sporting good area for the BTS Thermos containers(75% off or $3.98). At first glance it's hard to tell them apart other than the bar codes, but then I realized how to do it. The BTS ones had little plastic hangers on both the drink Thermos and the food container Thermos. If you are in FW, Indiana you can check the NE (Stellhorn) or Jeff Point store. At Jeff Point(on Tuesday) there were still a bunch in the sporting good section and I got the last one at Glenbrook.

Geesh, our target is soooooo sneaky. I must have scanned some 15 funtainers this morning when I found one for 3.98 - but it was a girl one and I have a boy. I too noticed that hangy thing. And when I pulled out all the remaining one with hangy things on them, their barcodes were all ripped off the bottom AND from the Thermos tag attached to them. Since the barcode part of the Thermos tag was ripped off, they were placed inside the Funtainers. When I tried to convince Guest Services, he said no and that the hangy things didn't mean anything. Oh well.

Folks,

I enjoy a healthy debate and by no means am I trying to attack anyone at all.

My first instinct would be that the ethical thing to do would be to only use the coupon for the product which it was intended.

But upon further thought, I was just wondering if the people who thought that using the $10 coupon on the book also did NOT buy any MM. After all, we all know that they were not intended to sell for .69 for the whole pack, it just happened to scan that way due to a mistake on Target's part. Wasn't buying these fraud too? Wasn't the ethical thing to do is to report this to the manager or pay .69 for each juice. Didn't we all just take advantage of this Target scanning mistake? When Target figured out they were losing money, they fixed the problem.

I was lurking and had to register to reply to this.

Target's policy is to sell the item at whatever lower price it scans at. When the juice boxes ring up at .59 (at my store), they sell them for .59. No, they do not break them apart because it is Target's policy not to. Also, Arkansas state law states that it has to be sold at the lower price. This is the "bait and switch" law. I don't know of any state that doesn't have this law. Neice has her jurist (Doctorate of law) degree so I know that is the law.

I don't know what happened on the tag readers. I have to go back now and read.

You are probably right. Its just that many people on this forum have had their Target management told them that these are not for sale and shouldn't be on the floor. Other people have had them taken away at the register. And other people have said that they make sure they have lots of items in their cart, so the cashier doesn't notice the juice price and alert management. As for bait and switch laws, I don't think it applies to pricing errors, which is what I think this was. A friend of mine bought a brand new electronics item at 9.99 when Best Buy made a pricing error on the website. It was supposed to be 999.99. He was on the local news and everything. Best Buy canceled the order and offered an apology. No law was broken, apparently.

I only found the MM juice once, but boy was that a happy day!:):):):):):)

Hi. I've been lurking for a long time cuz you guys always beat me to it but I think noone has mentioned this yet.

Earlier in the thread someone mentioned that they noticed that some clearanced items had had the clearance tags removed and placed back on the shelves. I had noticed this as well. In particular I noticed that the big Deck Boxes had been clearanced to 30% and then suddenly were back on the regular shelves at full price. I had scanned them (boy are they awkward to carry and scan) but no go. Today I was looking at their clearance items and the deck boxes at two of the Targets near me were back with clearance stickers at 30%. One was with all the other clearance stuff in a separate area from outdoor goods (a mix of 30 and 50% off) and at the other store it was in its usual place with outdoor goods but all the clearance stuff had been moved to that aisle (all 30% off).

found the bookcase 75% off in the kids furniture & bedding aisle

also found some potholders 75%. I grabbed all 4 of them after I scanned one and it came up $1.74 (marked $4.xx). Wouldn't you know that 1 was slightly different, and full price ($15.xx). Cashier rang up that one 4 times so now I have to go back and explain that I did not buy 4 expensive full price pot holders, just 1 that I want to return and get a price adjustment on 3. Think I'll have trouble???? I didn't notice at the time because I bought so much stuff, my total was $180.

found the bookcase 75% off in the kids furniture & bedding aisle

also found some potholders 75%. I grabbed all 4 of them after I scanned one and it came up $1.74 (marked $4.xx). Wouldn't you know that 1 was slightly different, and full price ($15.xx). Cashier rang up that one 4 times so now I have to go back and explain that I did not buy 4 expensive full price pot holders, just 1 that I want to return and get a price adjustment on 3. Think I'll have trouble???? I didn't notice at the time because I bought so much stuff, my total was $180.

I don't think you'll have any trouble. I had no problem with price adjustments with a similar situation with BTS items (scissors that were marked 75% off yet rang up full price). Also when I needed to return some different curtains that the cashier rang up as "4 at" (they were the same price, but different colors, hence different DCPI's/UPCs). In fact, I have never had any problems with any return or adjustment at Target, ever. One of the main reasons I shop there.

Geesh, our target is soooooo sneaky. I must have scanned some 15 funtainers this morning when I found one for 3.98 - but it was a girl one and I have a boy. I too noticed that hangy thing. And when I pulled out all the remaining one with hangy things on them, their barcodes were all ripped off the bottom AND from the Thermos tag attached to them. Since the barcode part of the Thermos tag was ripped off, they were placed inside the Funtainers. When I tried to convince Guest Services, he said no and that the hangy things didn't mean anything. Oh well.

One of my Targets ripped all the BTS school barcodes off & stuck new ones over the top

:eek: .

In particular I noticed that the big Deck Boxes had been clearanced to 30% and then suddenly were back on the regular shelves at full price. I had scanned them (boy are they awkward to carry and scan) but no go.

Instead of carrying the big box to a scanner, go to one that has numbers on it and enter the DCPI. That will save you some heavy lifting! :)

I was allowed to use the $10 off TAG coupons this morning on the TAG books (marked down to $9.99 this week) making them FREE!! :eyepoppin :eyepoppin :eyepoppin :eyepoppin

The cashier said "it says Tag Reading System on the books so it's fine".

I'm sorry but it seems as if you already knew the $10 off coupon was for the Tag System and the $4 off coupon was for Tag Books. Why would you even give/show the cashier the $10 off coupon if you were only buying books? Even if you accidently picked up the wrong coupon and the cashier accepted it and it scanned, you knew it was for the system and used it anyhow.

I'm all for a getting great deals too, but not when it involves being dishonest.

I'm not trying to "attack you", just stating my honest opinion on this forum. This forum is about posting clearance deals. I don't want to start read messages all the time about how people are starting to "cheat" the system by using coupons that aren't for the item they are purchasing (just because it scans doesn't mean it's okay to do it) or purchasing something and switching it for something else (i.e., green vs. pink tag reader). These things are just dishonest ways to get things for cheaper and I personally think it's just wrong to do it and "encourage" others to do it also.

I went to Target the other day to purchase the Tag Books that were on sale for $9.99. I gave the cashier my $4 off coupon and she thoroughly inspected it and then asked me where I got the coupon. I told her it was from the Leapfrog website. She looked at me (as if I was trying to do something dishonest), scanned the coupon, was surprised that it went through, and then said "we've been getting a lot of coupons for these things that aren't legitimate". I just said "Really? I got that one from the Leapfrog website"...and that was that.

I just hope that Target doesn't decide to stop accepting printed coupons because they are getting misused.

Okay. I said what I needed to and now I'm done....

And to make this an actual post about a clearance item...

### Bright Starts Bounce Bounce Baby Activity Zone - 30% off