Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2009

Brad

Do you guys think it's a pretty sure thing that most of the toys will go to 75% off this week either Wednesday or Thursday?? What's the concensus?

I will be hoping and praying, with my fingers crossed, target is so unpredictable this year!!!!!

I went to two Targets today...nothing much to be had. Toys still 30-50% off. No Hello Kitty anythings to be found, no George Foreman, No scooters. I left there was a desk calendar for a coworker (daily psalms for $1.24) and some Kashi cereal that was $2.50 with a $1.00 off sticker. I did get some Shania perfume 0.6oz bottle for $2.48.

I am really disappointed in Target this year :(

**We have the Thomas Island of Sodor train table in the top picture. The playboard is sold separately though. We love it :) , it's a great table. The quality is better than the off brand tables (Circo, Little Tree, Imaginarium, & KidKraft). I looked at quite a few in person before buying the Thomas table. The Thomas table is lot bigger than the other tables. My Thomas track set came with a big wooden storage box to store all the trains underneath the table.

I would be surprised if that's the Thomas table that Learning Curve has on clearance for $20, it's normally $200 plus another $50 for the playboard. Learning Curve does make a couple of cheaper Thomas tables though.

My boys both play with their train table everyday, so to us it was worth getting the better set. We've had our set for 2 years now and it's still one of their favorite toys.

Here's a pic of ours with the playboard and track set:

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u106/randjsmom/824364978107_0_ALB.jpg

Ohhh!! Sooo Cute!!!

I think you're right.. Must be a different table then. There were at least 5 people mentioning buying this table on Clearance in July/August thread so if anyone who bought the Learning Curve table could point me to a link or post an image. I'm just curious I guess at this point..

Thanks so much!!

Did I miss something about the scooter? Went to Target today and didn't see a anything. I was so disappointed. I'm STOL looking for that darn plasma car for my son. I know it's pathetic, but he wants one pretty bad and I'm toooo cheap to get it for $50.

DCPI 082-07-0395 - It had the regular small sticker, and the stores in my area (Northern CA) stocked them for Christmas. HTH

okay... so is this thing in a box and needs to be fully assembled, or is it set up somewhere like by the assembled bikes? How big is it exactly? People are talking about their teens riding it, so I'm thinking this is NOT what I thought it was. But, yet for just a couple hundred dollars you can get an adult sized moped???

I'm confused.:confused: Perhaps this is something that Targets in our part of the country don't carry???

Did I miss something about the scooter? Went to Target today and didn't see a anything. I was so disappointed. I'm STOL looking for that darn plasma car for my son. I know it's pathetic, but he wants one pretty bad and I'm toooo cheap to get it for $50.

you should try going to guest services with the DPCI and have them search the region for you. That way you'll at least know if it is worth the hassle looking. They can at least tell you if there should be any out there to be found.

The scooters were only in certain stores, mostly pretty big ones and more upscale markets, at least that was the case in the few places I saw them.

okay... so is this thing in a box and needs to be fully assembled, or is it set up somewhere like by the assembled bikes? How big is it exactly? People are talking about their teens riding it, so I'm thinking this is NOT what I thought it was. But, yet for just a couple hundred dollars you can get an adult sized moped???

I'm confused.:confused: Perhaps this is something that Targets in our part of the country don't carry???

The ones I saw weren't terribly large, but is says max rider size is 175 pounds.

Dimensions: L: 50.0" W: 18.0" D: 30.0"

It goes up to 15 miles per hour and 10 miles on a single charge.

keep looking maybe some one will end up returning one at this point looks like that will be your only chance at finding one

Just FYI!!

I just bought these same packages at Best Buy for 1.99. I went to buy my son a game for good grades, but we did not find the game he wanted. As I was walking out........I saw the Burt's Bees things on an end cap with other Christmas stuff. Some stuff is marked down, but not everything. I bought five of the Tips n' Toes for 1.99 and one of the Burt's Bees Radiance Healthy Glow Kit for 2.99.

OMG, I would love to find these at one of my Best Buys! I am going to go look tomorrow!

Were the scooters on clearance? I called and asked customer service to check for me and the lady at the other end told me she did a ten store radius check and it showed none in stock. Maybe Ill get him to try to forget about it. It's had cause kids these days don't forget things you promise them.

Were the scooters on clearance? I called and asked customer service to check for me and the lady at the other end told me she did a ten store radius check and it showed none in stock. Maybe Ill get him to try to forget about it. It's had cause kids these days don't forget things you promise them.

Yep, we just tell them it is too expensive or something. It isn't like they need everything they want, anyway. I told DS flat out that he wasn't getting the Eyeclops Night Vision Goggles for Christmas because there was no way I was spending that kind of money for them. He was shocked to get them for Christmas, and I made a point of letting him know that it was only because I got them for $15 when Target had them mis-marked.

#1. I went to bestbuy and our burts bees were still 6.99!!! Not paying that!! I'm too cheap but i'll keep stalking them.

#2. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the George Foreman Deep Fryer. It does exactly what it says; it spins off all the grease and the food doesn't feel or taste greasy. Great by for 37.xx!! I'd highly recommend it.

Went to two different targets in Cincinnati today.. Found Dirt devil Kruz for $19.99 75% off. A black and decker rechargeable package opener $4.99 75% off. One lonely Fisher price blue dvd player $74.99. Too long of a drive to go back next Thursday in hopes of it being marked down cheaper.. and i found it in someone's hiding spot. Looks like they are going to be mad. We found one two weeks ago and needed another for our boys both to have one. LAST but not LEAST .. Get ready.... one grape minute maid. After two years of reading about them.. i am a believer now. Yes i did do my happy dance.. For those of you in the Colerain area, that store did no have most of the baby dept marked down cheaper than 15-30%. If you are looking for anything. I'm sure they will be dropping their prices soon. They did have a sit n stand for 60 something.

Went today, my best find was:

###002-05-1020 Commercial garment rack (portable) $12.48

It will be perfect for my daughters dance recital costumes!

Also found

###054-25-1373 2 photo album gift set $3.XX

I've been wanting to try a different way of organizing coupons and I think this will be great way to try inexpensively to see if I like it.

Edited by mesarobins
clarification

Well I'm still stalking the ball pits. They are 50% now, but I want 75%. Sigh. I did find my first MM grape also! I scanned it to make sure it was really true and the employee near by was laughing at me for being so happy about it. I did find a few other things too.

###091-11-1788 Tropical Inflatable Pool 2.xx (75%)

###070-02-0035 5-Piece Bakeware Set 5.xx (75%)

Does anyone know if the Pooh baby stuff will hit 75%? I've only seen it at 30%.

anyone know if the Pooh baby stuff will hit 75%? I've only seen it at 30%.

I got the Pooh Classic Crib Set and the Pooh Wall hanging at 75% off on Wednesday.

###030-02-2101 Pooh Wall Hanging $3.xx

###030-02-2102 Pooh Classic Crib Set $17.xx

Edited by marypat58
fix qoutes

Just wondering if anyone in the Twin Cities is on this forum. I am hoping to find Spike the Dinosaur, Fisher price dvd player and maybe Biscuit the dog. I am in the northern part of MN but really don't want to make a trip south unless I hear that some of these items have been spotted at Targets in the Twin Cities. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Does anyone know if the Pooh baby stuff will hit 75%? I've only seen it at 30%.

I got the sheets and saw the rugs were 75% off last Monday. I posted the DPCI then, so it should be on the 19th. They had not marked everything at that particular store 75%, and all my other stores were sold out.

Found it 030021529 for the green sheets.

Oh, I forgot to say that I found a little easel for my kids at Target for 75% off. I think I paid $3.74 for it. It is a dry erase board on one side and chalkboard on the other. They LOVE it and have played with it everyday for the last week. Well worth the few dollars it cost.

**It's not the Step 2 one right? Because I thought that one only had the chalk side, but I might be wrong about it. I'm looking for an easel for my kids but so far have seen the Step 2 which is for smaller kids and I bought Wooden Mega one but not sure if I'm keeping it. The box says 5+ so I'm wondering if that might not be a good fit for 4 and 2 yr. olds.

I also saw one that goes on a table. It was a checkered box and I only saw one at one Target. Maybe if I see it at 75% I'd get that one instead.

I got a Toby Steamer for $25 today....I am so happy with this! It was marked $50ish, so be sure to scan it if you are looking for one.

I say the pink Dyson on mark down--I couldn't read the price (didn't have my reading glasses, too big to carry with the steamer to the scanner). Be on the look out if you are looking for this.

What is up with the Holiday Sparkle Barbie? Shouldn't this be considered a Christmas item? The store in Rossford had a ton and they were 6.98 (50% off). Jeez louise! There were several aisles of 30-50% off that probably need condensed...stuff all over the place. Saw one blue and one pink of those FP DVD players. Still $74.xx. I even scanned a few things and nope, no 75%. There are several things I would consider buying if/when they go down more. A lot of 15% household stuff too. Didn't really find much at all but then again, I hate perusing on a Saturday and it was my first chance to stop in in awhile.

Oh, those train tables you've been talking about, the Once Upon a Child in Perrysburg had one yesterday right inside the door. Didn't catch the price but it looked like it was in decent shape.

Here's hoping Wed or Thurs is kind to us:-)

Anyone thinks there might be any activity in Toys on Monday or is everyone waiting for Wed/Thu?

Ya, know I just have no idea. Considering that people have seen the markdown teams "out of order" last week, WHO KNOWS!?? I'm not banking on anything though. Especially if they mark "global bazaar" down again tomorrow. It will be 2 weeks tomorrow that the GB stuff went to 30% off (around here anyway), so if they drop that to 50% off, that will be a big job for the markdown team, and I doubt they would tackle both toys and GB stuff the same day.

I would really be in happy land if they decided to do toys Monday or Tuesday. That would give me glimmer of hope for my Smart Cycle since I won't be here from Wednesday to Sunday.!! :D