Guests: Please register to get rid of these annoying ads! Registered members enjoy an ad-free forum.

Photo

Gift for Hairstylist

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Sablesue  OFFLINE  

Sablesue

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 140 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Dec 17, 2008 - 5:50 am

Would any stylists out there chime in on what they like to receive as a holiday gift? I have always just increased the amount of the tip. But I'm not sure it is noticed, and it seems as if they are waiting for something as I leave.

#2 jstluvem  OFFLINE  

jstluvem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,048 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Dec 17, 2008 - 5:55 am

our daughter is a stylist, she has gotten gift cards: movies or dinner and her favorite candy in a jar for her station. this is our families favorite holiday so she aslo gets lots of beautiful pins and ornamnets geared towards hair etc.

#3 scrabbler  OFFLINE  

scrabbler

Just Me

• 2,739 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 17, 2008 - 6:02 am

Last year my stylist mentioned some new cologne/after shave. I purchased him a nice gift set and he was thrilled. This year, I haven't heard him mention anything so I do plan on just increasing his tip. I have heard mine mention tho that some of the gifts he receives are not, ummm, what he would buy and not in a good way. That leads me to understand that giving a gift is probably not something I should do unless I am sure it is something he would want. My stylist has also become a good friend but I would still rather give money than a gift he could not use or would want.

#4 dmmiller  OFFLINE  

dmmiller

• 7,076 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 17, 2008 - 6:05 am

IMO, money is always best. But if you want to give them alittle extra, maybe take in some cookies/candy and present it with the tip. :)

#5 hwolf6330  OFFLINE  

hwolf6330

• 2,426 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 17, 2008 - 6:17 am

I usually give mine a yankee candle every year since she likes them. I made her snowmen before too. She has them on display in her shop year round so I guess she liked them.

#6 AndreaInNC  OFFLINE  

AndreaInNC

Caniac

• 7,152 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 17, 2008 - 12:03 pm

The Body Shop makes a hand lotion with Hemp that is awesome as it is waterproof. I know that people who constantly have their hands in water are always looking for something to keep their hands smooth.

#7 Sablesue  OFFLINE  

Sablesue

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 140 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Dec 17, 2008 - 12:43 pm

Thanks so much for these great ideas!

#8 hannahs_momma  OFFLINE  

hannahs_momma

• 1,325 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Dec 17, 2008 - 1:07 pm

A nice gift certificate would be be for manicure or pedicure since they are always washing hands drying them alot and always on their feet!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users