Question about PayPal $20 deal, please help!

erinplus3

I bought two Wii games at Walmart.com in order to get the $20 back from Paypal and now both are much, much cheaper through Amazon.

I plan on returning them to Walmart, but I was just wondering how that would work with the Paypal credit. Anyone have any idea how that works?

I dont know about paypal, but I have purchased using Bill me Later. I have had to return at 2 different Walmarts. I had my receipts. One Walmart gave me back cash, the other Walmart put the credit back on my debit card. They asked for a card and it could be any card so i used the debit card since that way I can transfer the payment to Bill Me Later. Hope that helps.

I have been thinking about this scenario and I think... WalMart can't pay your paypal account so they will most likely send you cash. Paypal has no way of knowing if your cash was refunded to you. What about waiting until the $20 is put back in your paypal (didn't it say it would take a few weeks) and THEN returning it?

I have been thinking about this scenario and I think... WalMart can't pay your paypal account so they will most likely send you cash. Paypal has no way of knowing if your cash was refunded to you. What about waiting until the $20 is put back in your paypal (didn't it say it would take a few weeks) and THEN returning it?

I already received the credit from Paypal, so I guess I'm fine then. I just wondered if I needed to worry about them coming after me for the $20. Sounds silly when I type it now. :P

copied this from my husband's invitation

Hello Shawn Mcallian,

Shop now and save with an exclusive PayPal deal at Walmart. Use PayPal when you checkout at Walmart.com and we'll give you $20 cash back on your order of $50 or more!*

*Receive $20 cash back on a single purchase of $50 or more excluding tax and shipping. ("Offer") Offer applies to transactions on Walmart.com when you use PayPal as a payment method. Offer begins December 5, 2008 and ends December 15, 2008. The maximum amount of cash back per PayPal account is $2****. The cash back will be deposited into your PayPal account by January 15, 2009.

To be eligible for the Offer, you must: (1) have a confirmed U.S. PayPal account in good standing, (2) receive an email directly from PayPal inviting you to participate in the Offer, (3) purchase using your PayPal account that has the same email address where you received the email invitation, and (4) make an eligible purchase no later than December 15, 2008.

Excluded transactions from this offer include, but are not limited to the following: PayPal Mobile transactions, PayPal Plug-In transactions (formerly named: Virtual Debit Card) service, gift certificate payments, gift card purchase, PayPal ATM/Debit Card payments, payments made when you are not logged into your PayPal account, automatic and/or recurring payments you have scheduled, and PayPal Plus Credit Card/eBay MasterCard payments not made through your PayPal account. If the payment is refunded or cancelled at any time, you are not eligible for the Offer. If the payment is refunded after you receive the cash back, PayPal will deduct the cash back amount from your account.

PayPal reserves the right to cancel, suspend or modify part or this entire Offer at any time without notice, for any reason in its sole discretion. This Offer cannot be resold or transferred.

This email was sent to [email protected], because your email preferences are set to receive the PayPal Periodical newsletter and Product

Updates. Unsubscribe

© 2008 PayPal Inc. All rights reserved. PayPal is located at 2211 N. First St., San Jose, CA 95131.

If the payment is refunded after you receive the cash back, PayPal will deduct the cash back amount from your account.

Thank you! This is what I was looking for, I searched all through their site and couldn't find it. I'm ok with them taking the money back, I still save more by returning what I bought to them. Just wondered if I needed to do anything or pay a penalty, etc.

Do you have to be sent a invitation to get this deal?

yes, it was invitation only

How on EARTH would they know thought? It was a specific invitation. I have one in my mom's account, but I cannot find anything I want, didn't realize it ended today... If it was instore too I'd be all over it (groceries, napkins etc)

each transaction would have a Paypal transaction ID# and a walmart order #. it's very easy for them to automatically find orders that were returned and debit that $ from the person's PP account. and if the PP account doesn't have a balance, they'll take it from your CC or checking account.

each transaction would have a Paypal transaction ID# and a walmart order #. it's very easy for them to automatically find orders that were returned and debit that $ from the person's PP account. and if the PP account doesn't have a balance, they'll take it from your CC or checking account.

Thanks for that, it makes sense. I have thought about getting another Wii game, one that is $50 or something, but I am trying hard to not buying random things just because they are on sale (dh has been snooping into my purchases lately... he doesn't complain about the money, just that we don't need the stuff!)