Authentic Baseball Jerseys

Guest DigDoug

Guest DigDoug

Hi guys,

I'd like to pick up a Cubs jersey (Derek Lee). Has anyone found a good deal on these?

Guest DigDoug

if you don't mind paying :2dollar: - you can get this autographed jersey too. :)

Ummmm... I like Derrek Lee but I wouldn't wear a signed jersey and I wouldn't collect a signed jersey. Too much anyway.

Guest DigDoug

I picked up and authentic Wood jersey off of Ebay 2 years ago. I think I got it for around $70, which isn't cheap, but it's better than retail.

What makes one a replica versus authentic? Is it a logo or the material?

Lee is my favorite Cub. I've liked him ever since I saw him play for the Marlins. I was so happy when the Cubs got him.

Wood, Prior, and Zambrano are great too. I wish Wood and Prior weren't injured so damn much.

What makes one a replica versus authentic? Is it a logo or the material?

An authentic jersey is the real deal. It is the same jersey the players wear on the field.

Typically authentic jerseys are made with a heavier fabric, tackle twill numbers and extra stitching to ensure durability.

A replica jersey looks very similar but it’s made out of a thinner material and all numbers and logos are screen printed on.

Replica jerseys are not likely to last as long as an authentic jersey however it’s a great choice for the average fan on a budget as they are less expensive.

Guest DigDoug

An authentic jersey is the real deal. It is the same jersey the players wear on the field.

Typically authentic jerseys are made with a heavier fabric, tackle twill numbers and extra stitching to ensure durability.

A replica jersey looks very similar but it’s made out of a thinner material and all numbers and logos are screen printed on.

Replica jerseys are not likely to last as long as an authentic jersey however it’s a great choice for the average fan on a budget as they are less expensive.

Gotcha. Thanks Ray. I never had the urge to buy a baseball jersey before I moved to Chicago. I have Cubbie fever in the worst way. I am going to look for a deal on Ebay for the authentic one now that I know the difference.