Dell Way Behind on Shipping

Swampbaby

Recieved my 1525 inspiron that i ordered on december 4th in midnight blue today via fedex ground.

:gdcry: Mine in Midnight Blue was ordered Dec 1 and still has not shipped. At the same time I'm very happy for you that yours arrived. Maybe, just maybe, mine will actually arrive before Christmas. At least we are not going out of town this year.

Well, just got the "shipped" message with estimated receive date of 12/22. At this time the shipper and tracking number are not available. YIKES! I can only hope shipper and number are available early today so I can make arrangements for them to NOT deliver to the house. I'll go pick up as FedEx and UPS are only about a 10 minute drive from me.

Apparently the Midnight Blue 1525s are shipping! My status finally says shipped (today) with an estimated delivery date of 12/22. I feel some relief now!

I did get an email yesterday that the laptop was through production and was on it's way from Malaysia to the US. I didn't know that these were built overseas. In any case, they are excellent laptops and other than Toshiba or Sony, I wouldn't buy any other brand. I work on them too much for others and know the reliability factor.

Good luck to others who are waiting on theirs. At least Dell is starting to come through!

Swampbaby - mine says shipped too but carrier and tracking information is not available. I'm in the same boat as you - don't want it delivered to the house while I'm at work, especially since my daughter is out of school next week and will be home.

At least it does look like we'll receive them though!!!

Swampbaby - mine says shipped too but carrier and tracking information is not available. I'm in the same boat as you - don't want it delivered to the house while I'm at work, especially since my daughter is out of school next week and will be home.

At least it does look like we'll receive them though!!!

I just checked and my shipping info is there. It's coming FedEx - which is even closer than UPS to us. Hope you get your shipping info early today. You have to sign for it.

Oh, you guys are lucky! I just got an e-mail that my spring green laptop, the Cyber Monday deal, has been delayed AGAIN and won't ship until Dec. 29! (And the e-mail was one of those "you have 24 hours to respond saying you still want this or we will cancel the order"--and the phone line isn't being answered live.)

--Scout

Swampbaby - mine is shipping FedEx too with an scheduled delivery of Monday. It does say "indirect signature required". Hope they come late in the day, otherwise my daughter who is getting it will be there to sign for it :-( Not complaining through since I went 2 weeks thinking I wouldnt get it at all!!!

I purchased a blu-ray player which was not supposed until AFTER christmas will be here 12/23. YAY!

I do have a question though:

Dell put a hold on my money and now it is showing that the order has shipped with tracking numbers I received and the money was released back into my account which means I was not charged.

Has this happened to anybody else?

Oh, you guys are lucky! I just got an e-mail that my spring green laptop, the Cyber Monday deal, has been delayed AGAIN and won't ship until Dec. 29! (And the e-mail was one of those "you have 24 hours to respond saying you still want this or we will cancel the order"--and the phone line isn't being answered live.)

--Scout

There's still hope. I placed an order from Dell and it said it would ship on 1/2/09 and I received it Wednesday. WooHoo!!

sheadog - same happened here. It was "pending" for 3 days after Black Friday and then dropped off. My item is showing shipped but money is still in my account. I know I owe it so I'm just sitting on it. I'm sure they'll take it out at some point.

Then again, maybe you and I are jackpot winners and we just haven't been notified?? :cheesy:

sheadog - same happened here. It was "pending" for 3 days after Black Friday and then dropped off. My item is showing shipped but money is still in my account. I know I owe it so I'm just sitting on it. I'm sure they'll take it out at some point.

Then again, maybe you and I are jackpot winners and we just haven't been notified?? :cheesy:

HAHAHAHA!

Wouldn't that be nice! :D I just think it is strange that the charge has been pending all week and the funds are put back on my account when it ships.

It would be nice of Dell to send it to me for free but something tells me that is not going to happen. :rolleyes:

I know - my luck isn't that good either. But mine was pending for 3 days in November and has been back in my account since. I did call after the charge dropped off because I was afraid that my order was cancelled or something, but they said that they would charge at the time it shipped. So I'm sure I'll see it come out soon.

At this point I'm just excited that it's actually going to be here in time for Christmas. I'm hoping it'll be delivered over the weekend though instead of the 22nd like it says since it was shipped next day. Monday my daughter will be the only one home to sign for it - and it's for her!!

Good luck on yours!!

Out of curiosity - did any of ya'll that did get your laptop that ordered Black Friday or after order the Midnight Blue color????

I ordered 1 Midnight Blue & 1 Pink for my DS & DD on BF. The midnight blue 1 shipped & arrived 1st, the pink 1 2nd. I have opened & checked both & gotten them ready for Christmas morning!! I have been very happy w/ my Dell laptops,this will now make 4. Mine, wife & now kids.

I hope everyone receives their orders in time for Christmas

I ordered 1 Midnight Blue & 1 Pink for my DS & DD on BF. The midnight blue 1 shipped & arrived 1st, the pink 1 2nd. I have opened & checked both & gotten them ready for Christmas morning!! I have been very happy w/ my Dell laptops,this will now make 4. Mine, wife & now kids.

I hope everyone receives their orders in time for Christmas

I am laptop illiterate. :o What do I need to do to make mine ready for Christmas morning?:confused:

Don't worry - setting is up is fairly straight-forward. It'll prompt you with some basic questions to complete the install (name, etc.). Depending on what type of internet access you have there are questions pertaining to it.

I'm not going to set my daughters up at all. She's computer literate though and will enjoy doing her own setup!!

Don't worry - setting is up is fairly straight-forward. It'll prompt you with some basic questions to complete the install (name, etc.). Depending on what type of internet access you have there are questions pertaining to it.

I'm not going to set my daughters up at all. She's computer literate though and will enjoy doing her own setup!!

My kids are 11 & 14, I just set up wireless network for their laptops, put their music on them, some pictures.

Just take it out of the box, plug it in & you're good to go. If you have a wireless network in your house, connect to it & you're up & running. I just didn't want to have to mess with putting in security keys, pictures, music, security program & all that other stuff Christmas morning. Now I'm done w/ that & they will be off & running. + I just wanted to check them out & make sure everything was ok.

Just checked and the laptop is at our local facility as of about 1 hour ago. YEPPEE! Ordered on the 1st and received on the 22nd. Never again will I order from Dell if it's for a set date. Just can't believe how awful the shipping has been for so many people, with some now knowing they will not receive their package until after Christmas - even though it was ordered either on Black Friday or Cyber Monday.

Good news is I've managed to keep this from DH so it will really surprise him on Christmas Day. Will go to terminal and pick it up today when he is not with me.

Order Date: 11/30/2008

Sharp 46 LC46SB54U 1080p LCD HDTV

Estimated Delivery Date 12/18/2008

the next e-mail was

Estimated Delivery Date 12/22/2008

the last email notice sent to me

Estimated Delivery Date 12/29/2008

I have been on the phone with Dell trying to get this TV before Christmas Day. 2 Day upgrade shipping not available for any TV's per Dell. I told them to cancell my order. Now they sent my an email stating that the "item" has shipped but no tracking number. I believe that they just sent the email to get me to stop calling them. I told Dell management that there was no excuse for items ordered in Novemember not to be delievered by Christmas. I am so mad at Dell!:mad:

firstladyberg:

If it says "shipped" then the tracking info should be on there soon. I got the shipped notification with no tracking information and 4 hours later the tracking info was there. That was on Friday and it's out for delivery now. I would check back in a few hours - it's very possible you will get it.

When it comes to laptops I will probably always buy Dells, but I was not pleased with their handling of this purchase at all. I ordered on Black Friday and it wasn't until last friday (the 19th) that I even knew if it would get here. To me, that is unacceptable for a company the size of Dell. They changed my ship date several times and I've spent countless hours on the phone with them.

Good Luck - don't give up yet though!!

My kids are 11 & 14, I just set up wireless network for their laptops, put their music on them, some pictures.

Just take it out of the box, plug it in & you're good to go. If you have a wireless network in your house, connect to it & you're up & running. I just didn't want to have to mess with putting in security keys, pictures, music, security program & all that other stuff Christmas morning. Now I'm done w/ that & they will be off & running. + I just wanted to check them out & make sure everything was ok.

Thank you both so much for your help. Wish us luck!;)

the last two laptops I've ordered from Dell have been in the outlet part. I've always chosen previously ordered new (new laptop that is built already, but not shipped or opened). That way the laptop is built already, and usually the price is great. Never had problem with slow shipping. The only disadvantage, is that sometimes it is hard to find the "perfect built" laptop for us. But I just kept looking and got what I wanted / needed.

Do we have the option of going and picking it up? Mine says it's at the local Fedex facility and will be delivered today before 3:00. I would rather pick it up!!!

My son and I went to the FedEx terminal - which just happens to be in our little town - the day I got the shipping tracking number and asked them to hold. They made a copy and wrote in huge lettes HOLD AT TERMINAL. Said the driver would get the note and not load it.

NOW, they did NOT hold it at the terminal but put it on the truck for delivery today. I went on-line this morning and saw where it was at the terminal. Checked a while ago and it said on truck for delivery. My son went to the terminal and he is now sitting at a business waiting for the delivery truck to arrive where he will pick it up. Worse part, son was sitting with husband eating and said he had to go somewhere and would be back in a few. LOL At least we are still managing to keep this a true surprise for Christmas.

Son just called and said he has the package. Happy camper now.

the last two laptops I've ordered from Dell have been in the outlet part. I've always chosen previously ordered new (new laptop that is built already, but not shipped or opened). That way the laptop is built already, and usually the price is great. Never had problem with slow shipping. The only disadvantage, is that sometimes it is hard to find the "perfect built" laptop for us. But I just kept looking and got what I wanted / needed.

I got this one for $503 and it had better specs than the ones lower priced on the outlet. I agree, order from outlet and it's here in just a couple of days with regular shipping.

Order Date: 11/30/2008

Sharp 46 LC46SB54U 1080p LCD HDTV

Estimated Delivery Date 12/18/2008

the next e-mail was

Estimated Delivery Date 12/22/2008

the last email notice sent to me

Estimated Delivery Date 12/29/2008

I have been on the phone with Dell trying to get this TV before Christmas Day. 2 Day upgrade shipping not available for any TV's per Dell. I told them to cancell my order. Now they sent my an email stating that the "item" has shipped but no tracking number. I believe that they just sent the email to get me to stop calling them. I told Dell management that there was no excuse for items ordered in Novemember not to be delievered by Christmas. I am so mad at Dell!:mad:

Seems to me that Dell has really dropped the ball this selling season and people will remember that in the future. Worse part, you don't get a ship date until AFTER you place the order. As long as it's shipped on that date there shouldn't be a problem, but when they wait until that date and send an email giving a later date that is just plain lousy management.

I agree with you on that. And it doesn't appear to be just this season. When I was doing a search on Dell and delayed shipping, there are other blogs out there that indicate it's happened not only the 2 Christmas seasons before this one, but also in the summers when they have their school specials. Dell is a technology company, they should have the ability to maintain their inventory online and specify their limits and cutoff quantities. I ordered a shirt from a locally owned sports store in Florida and even they had exact statements on their site on what was available by size, and their ordering and tracking was 100% current and up-to-date at all times. Dell should be able to do the same.

firstladyberg:

If it says "shipped" then the tracking info should be on there soon. I got the shipped notification with no tracking information and 4 hours later the tracking info was there. That was on Friday and it's out for delivery now. I would check back in a few hours - it's very possible you will get it.

Yes, that is what I thought also. The problem: My package has also shown "shipped" since friday (12/19/2008) and still no tracking number? That is why I don't think that it has really shipped at this point. If it has shipped, then I hope that the package will get here by Christmas because this is my DH christmas gift.