Dell Way Behind on Shipping

Swampbaby

I got an email saying that my order was delayed and would ship on the 17th, maybe sooner. But the email did say that all laptops would be upgraded to 2 day shipping for free, just not other orders. So you should still get your laptop before Christmas. Unfortunately, my order won't be here on time because it was for someone who is leaving town on the 19th - it was a gift she was going to give her sister, and I ordered for her since I saw it online before she did.

We ordered ours in early Novand didn't get it until last Friday. We kept getting delay notices. The original arrival date was before Thanksgiving. It was extremely annoying since I"m always surprised at how quickly my computers get here. Also, has anyone had to deal with customer service lately? I called because I didn't have my order # with me and wanted to make sure they didn't deliver it the day I had classes all day. The lady told me she couldn't look it up and when I asked if there was another department that could help me she cut me off and told me that not even a manager could help me. She was extremely rude. I had to call another time to check on something else that was saying it was shipped separately and they were really rude that time also. I was really disappointed overall with Dell this time. /endrant Srry :(

I received an e mail from Dell on 12/9 that the 2 laptops I ordered BF were delayed in production & the 1st would not be shipped til 12/17 & the second 12/21 with free upgrade to 2 day shipping for both. The 1st 1 arrived yesterday & the other shipped yesterday. The original ship dates for both were supposed to be 12/9.

Guest JustMeDiana
I ordered mine on BF a Studio with upgrades... not due to ship until December 18 and guess what I am using it right now :D... It was delivered yesterday.... the home/office bundle came the day before....:rolleyes:

I received an e mail from Dell on 12/9 that the 2 laptops I ordered BF were delayed in production & the 1st would not be shipped til 12/17 & the second 12/21 with free upgrade to 2 day shipping for both. The 1st 1 arrived yesterday & the other shipped yesterday. The original ship dates for both were supposed to be 12/9.

Can I cry? I just checked again and the order still shows original ship date of 10th and it's still in production. Just hope it arrives (AND that I can keep hubby from knowing about it) in time for Christmas.

Just realized my order was for one day later than yours so maybe it will ship Monday.

Very happy you received yours and hope you enjoy them.

I ordered a Dell 1525 - midnight blue on Black Friday. Was told that it would ship on 12/9. That shipping has now been rescheduled for 12/29 and they said it's because of the color I chose. Then told not to cancel the order because parts were expected to be in by the 13th and I would probably get it. But I've been on the phone with Dell for almost 3 hours with no answers!! Did anyone here order a color laptop and have they received it?

I'm going through hoops with Dell on this.

Swampbaby:

When you get to the order status screen make sure you click on the order number to get the most accurate information. On the order status screen mine still shows the ship date of 12/9, but when I click on the order number it says 12/29. I was told it was because I ordered blue, but when I asked if I could change colors to get it in on time they said I would have to cancel the original order and place a brand new order, but they still could not guarantee it to ship by Christmas.

I bought a Garmin GPS on 12/11 w/an expected ship date of 12/15 (today). Got an email this morning saying that it will be 12/22 now but didn't mention giving me 2 day shipping or anything. I am very upset!! :mad: This is a Christmas present and I was expecting to get it before Christmas. We will even be out of town before then so I was really needing it here by the end of this week. Hope no one has to sign for it when they drop it off. Thinking about calling and trying to get 2 day shipping or something done. This is so aggravating. It's not a computer so all they have to do is mail the stupid box. Anyone make any progress when they call? I see a lot upset w/customer service. I've never heard anything good about Dell or their computers and now this even further my thoughts.

* Called customer service and from what I could hardly understand was that they are changing all orders to 2 day shipping. She transfered me to get an answer whether or not the package will have to be signed for and the next guy that I could hardly understand cut me off in the middle of my question to put me back on hold and then I got disconnected. :mad: Never again will I deal w/Dell.

Edited by yellowjeepster
More info.

I ordered a Dell 1525 - midnight blue on Black Friday. Was told that it would ship on 12/9. That shipping has now been rescheduled for 12/29 and they said it's because of the color I chose. Then told not to cancel the order because parts were expected to be in by the 13th and I would probably get it. But I've been on the phone with Dell for almost 3 hours with no answers!! Did anyone here order a color laptop and have they received it?

I'm going through hoops with Dell on this.

I ordered a pink one. It was originally scheduled to ship on 12/9. Then I received a notice on 12/9 stating it there is a delay, and it would not be shipped until the 19th but they would upgrade the shipping to 2nd day business free of charge. I was begining to get worried, however I got a shipping email yesterday that it was shipped on the 14th with expected delivery date of the 16th! :)

At least the pink are shipping. I asked it I could switch to Pink but they told me I would have to cancel my original order and do a new one, which would put me at the bottom of the line to receive. Doesn't seem right - but that's the way they work. Of course, it wasn't until the 9th (the original ship date) that I found out they couldn't deliver on the parts. Had I know when I ordered I would've chosen something other than blue.

Did they by chance change the shipping information online too? I guess I'm holding out hope that they just haven't updated the information online yet and that it will come in. I'm hoping that there really is a Santa!!

Swampbaby:

When you get to the order status screen make sure you click on the order number to get the most accurate information. On the order status screen mine still shows the ship date of 12/9, but when I click on the order number it says 12/29. I was told it was because I ordered blue, but when I asked if I could change colors to get it in on time they said I would have to cancel the original order and place a brand new order, but they still could not guarantee it to ship by Christmas.

That Midnight Blue was what showed on the Cyber Monday sale. Of course, you could choose another color but if Midnight Blue was going to delay orders why the heck even default to that color. Meanwhile I still see the December 9 shipping date.

Read where another poster said the "hard to understand" and believe me, I wanted to talk to someone here in the US and got exactly nowhere. Now we've ordered two other Dell laptops, mine last year and our son's this year, with both arriving within days. Ordered a Dell outlet monitor for my desktop and received it like 2 or 3 days later and it's been perfect ever since. I'm just disappointed that Dell elected to highlight a color that seems to be holding up shipping. Even worse, AFTER the email stating the 19th shipping date Dell was advertising Midnight Blue 1525 computers with different specs so wonder if those people will even receive them this month, let alone in time for Christmas.

Just checked the order number and it shows "In Production" with ship date of 12/19 and estimated delivery date of 12/23. Ship on a Friday and then they actually have 4 days to make that 2 day delivery.

Edited by Swampbaby

Just checked the order number and it shows "In Production" with ship date of 12/19 and estimated delivery date of 12/23. Ship on a Friday and then they actually have 4 days to make that 2 day delivery.

Does UPS make deliveries on the weekend or Christmas day? :confused: My GPS was delayed to shipped 12/22 and it shows delivery 12/25-12/29. They still have it 3-5 days shipping instead of 2 days. :mad:

I placed an order for a new desktop this past Thursday 12/11. I was given an anticipated ship date of 01/07/09. I checked my status and it is in delivery preparation and expected to ship TODAY and be here THIS Thursday. Wow! Merry Christmas TO ME!

I am so happy I did not choose a laptop. I hope that the Dell elves are working overtime to fulfill orders for those of you waiting for them for Christmas.

I almost feel like it's deception on the laptop issue. Most companies show "out of stock" or "item not available" once things that are sold out. Dell did have Midnight Blue as the default on Black Friday and it wasn't until after my delayed shipment email (2 weeks later) that they posted it on their website that the color may delay shipping. In fact, they now have that same message for the Pink, Red, and Green.

I understand mistakes happen but when the only solution to receiving it on time is to cancel your order and reorder at the CURRENT price and be put in the queue behind everyone else is wrong. The guts of the computer are the same, only the color has changed - seems like it would be simple.

Of course, talking to people from other countries doesn't help when you are trying to explain now wanting to disappoint someone on Christmas morning. I had two tell me that "they will understand since they are getting a superior product and it will come".

I got an email today that said that manufacturing said my order would be ready to ship out in 2-3 days. So maybe I will get it after all. Website still shows the 9th on one screen and the 29th on the other though.

I ordered a pink one. It was originally scheduled to ship on 12/9. Then I received a notice on 12/9 stating it there is a delay, and it would not be shipped until the 19th but they would upgrade the shipping to 2nd day business free of charge. I was begining to get worried, however I got a shipping email yesterday that it was shipped on the 14th with expected delivery date of the 16th! :)

This is the first time I have ordered from DELL, and I was begining to get worried. I now have a tracking number.:) My order is being shipped by FedEX ground, and my tracking number shows expexted delivery for tomorrow (it is in Charlotte, NC as of 2:45) YAH!.:D

I hope everyone gets their orders soon.

Dell has been really bad about the delivery times! In June 2007 I ordered a laptop so DH could take his with him to Iraq, after SEVERAL issues and re-ordering I received it in late September! I also ordered two other laptops (identical) received one a month and a half later and the other one four months later! I've also ordered a couple of cameras from them, one came within two weeks the other took longer. It's a crap shoot! Personally I think they have gotten a bit cocky as they got to big for their britches!

Waited on the phone 25 min. to cancel my GPS order this morning. Ordered it on Amazon and know it will ship out faster w/the free shipping than what I'm dealing w/Dell. Amazon has come down in price some so it will only cost me $3.84 more but at least I know I'll get it and probably before Christmas. I'm done w/Dell!!!:mad:

Waited on the phone 25 min. to cancel my GPS order this morning. Ordered it on Amazon and know it will ship out faster w/the free shipping than what I'm dealing w/Dell. Amazon has come down in price some so it will only cost me $3.84 more but at least I know I'll get it and probably before Christmas. I'm done w/Dell!!!:mad:

Don't hold your breath on getting it on time with free shipping. I am still waiting on a package that I ordered on 12/9...it's still en route with tracking saying it left seller's facility on 12/10. I guess ground USPS has slowed down a lot. Anyway, it's been 6 business days since it left warehouse...expected date of delivery is 12/20.

One of my friends ordered a Dell laptop on 20th Aug, her estimated shipping was 21st Sept which was again delayed to 12th October. She had a hard time, she had just joined graduate school then, and her session was almost mid-way with mid-terms starting, she finally cancelled the ordered from dell and picked up something from BestBuy.:mad:

For us, we ordered a desktop on BF, our shipping was estimated for 4th December, but was delivered within 2 days :)

Well, it's good to hear that some are being shipped. My original ship date was the 9th until they changed it to the 29th. I'll just keep my fingers crossed for the next few days and maybe it'll come in. Otherwise, I'll have a disappointed daughter on Christmas morning. :(