There are really wonderful people on here

Illinoismom

So I posted a snip of this in the dead deals but not many go there.

There was a deal for a zen Mp3 player at toys r us for 15 and change that I wanted to get for my daughter she had wanted an I-pod and that this year wasnt going to happen, So I go on the web site go all the way through only to hit sumit payment to be told they were OOS.

I wasn't the only one to miss out, Then out of the blue a member Pm me and askes if I still wanted one as she had an extra she had ordered. I said yes very much so. She asked for my address and I asked her where to send the payment she said no she didnt want anything, she had saved so much on this site that she was happy to do this,

I asked several more times about sending payment and every time she said no. Now I am not use to people being this way as I am the one who many of times will do what she did and I just couldnt believe that there was this person out there who wanted to do something nice and not want nothing in return.

Well the MP3 came today and I was so excited,

So I wanted to thank her again and let you all know that there truely are great people here,

Edited by Illinoismom
spelling

yup, it is a wonderful place and here is the thing... it wasn't random... random is picking up the tab for a stranger. this was someone who was grateful to GD, and probably knew you were a wonderful member who was always helpful to others.... this was Karma.

I agree. A member offered some baby cereal and formula on the beg/give forum.

I contacted her, and she still had them. I wanted to pay her for the shipping, but she said the same thing. "No-I've gotten so many deals on this site-this will be a little way of giving back."

Within a week, a big box arrived of 4 boxes of baby cereal, and 2 tubs of formula. The box showed that it cost over 10.00 for her to ship it to me.

I couldn't believe how thoughtful that was....not only just to GIVE away the baby stuff, but it COST her money to give it away.

So I couldn't agree more..... GD is the best. :)