Trampoline or Wooden Playset

Karmarose

I have a 6 yr old boy and an 8 yr old old boy. I'm trying to decide which I should get them for x-mas. I am worried that they will grow out of the playset before they grow out of the trampoline. My oldest spends all afternoon at our friends house on the trampoline and my youngest loves her sandbox. Also, we're military so I know at some point in the next few years we'll move and leave it behind.

This is similar to a playset we're considering since it has the same features.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3025500

As for the trampoline we aren't sure if we can get away with a 12' or if we need the 14'.

So, please please please help me. Tell me what you have or whatever.

Thanks! :)

Is your trampoline-friend nearby? If they are neighbors, or someone you see a lot, maybe it would be a good idea to get the playset. Then all of the kids can enjoy the playset at your house and the trampoline at their house.

Personally, I would choose the trampoline. We spend a lot of time at parks with excellent playgrounds. Anything I would put in the yard would pale in comparison. And they will probably like the trampline longer than the playset. Can't tramplines be taken apart to be moved? Maybe not if you going overseas, but it should fit in a moving truck...

We opted for the wooden playset 2 yrs ago when our youngest was still 5-6 yrs old. Took my hubby a week or more to build it and get it ready and it probably ran about $500 total. They played on it like crazy (oldest son kept the little guy busy) and that lasted for about a month. Then they wanted to do something else. Oh, they occasionally go out there and play, but mostly my youngest goes out there to swing. His best friend has a trampoline and he has been asking for one ever since he first got on it. :cool: So, now we have this big wooden set out back we can't just move to make room for a trampoline. We'll probably just list it for free come spring time if someone wants to dissasemble it and haul it out.

So, my advice is to buy a cheaper swing set with a few things on it and go for the trampoline. :yup:

We have both a trampoline and a wooden swing set. We bought our swing set from Rainbow Playsets about 4 years ago. It was very pricey. About $3500.00. We bought our trampoline shortly after.

My kids are 8, 5, and 2. They NEVER play on the swing set. The only thing it is good for now is when we have outdoor parties in the summer.

They love the trampoline and play on it all of the time. Even in the winter they like to go outside and jump on it in the snow.

We have a 15' trampoline. If you have the space for the bigger one I would get it. The more room you have the better. Especially if there will be more than one kid on there. And be sure to get the enclosure. I would not let my kids go on it without one. Our neighbor fell off of their trampoline (no enclosure), and she broke her arm and bruised her face pretty bad. Scary!

I have kids of all ages(2-18) here all summer long and I can tell you that the trampoline gets 1000 times more play time than the swing set. We are actually looking for a new one as the one we have now has seen better days and my husband can only weld it back together so many times. I strongly suggest an enclosure though, I personally wouldn't own a trampoline with out one.