How much have you spent already?

bugsette

We have spent way more then we wanted to this year. Thanks to this site, we were able to get things on everyones lists at decent discounts. So I would say it would have been substantially more without being on this site. But, then again we probably would not have gotten a lot of the items we did had it not been for all the posts with the discounts.

Hard to say. I buy all year long if I find clearances and online deals.

Now on BF because I was almost done already I didn't have to buy much. I think I only spent $100 (I bought myself a few things in this amount too such as the $9 vac from walmart, watch from Kmart, quesadilla maker from JC Penny's).

I would say $1000 and that may be more that the actual total. (throughout the year).

$20 on myself. Just don't see anything I really want this holiday. Had a few items on BF but felt greedy and miserable. Gave them to other shoppers who really wanted them instead.

Did get my first batch of random gift cards ($200 worth of gas, food, BB, Target..etc) to hand out for random acts of kindness and found 2 people today. :)

Gift exchange with friends has been canceled as the majority are without jobs due to economy. Don't have family either.

$20 on myself. Just don't see anything I really want this holiday. Had a few items on BF but felt greedy and miserable. Gave them to other shoppers who really wanted them instead.

Did get my first batch of random gift cards ($200 worth of gas, food, BB, Target..etc) to hand out for random acts of kindness and found 2 people today. :)

Gift exchange with friends has been canceled as the majority are without jobs due to economy. Don't have family either.

So nice to see they're still nice people like you out there..

So nice to see they're still nice people like you out there.

Much thanks, handing out gift cards to random people who are doing the right thing is my favorite part about the holidays!!! :D I figure if people can still behave in kind manner, have a smile on their face and do the right thing (picking up trash, returning a shopping cart, holding the door open for others, saying please and thank you...etc) despite the stress of the holidays they deserve to be rewarded.

** So if you see a guy with a santa hat on all over So. Cal handing out gift cards that is probably me :P * *

Edited by JohnnyLaRue
added comment

I don't even really want to think about it. My big kids got four wheelers this year for Christmas. And DH is bound and determine to have Christmas like normal so that is probably another 1500 to 2000 for 5 kids after we are done. The new Four wheelers were like 8k after buying everything they needed for them.

We are super excited about Christmas this year! We will have a almost 3 year old in our home that has never had a Christmas before so I will admit I will probably go WAY overboard lol.

I have a laptop to buy on payday (Thursday) and one $50 giftcard left to purchase. I spent way more this year than normal mainly on my husband. All other family and friends I found great deals and spent about $200 and that includes a DS Lite! The final total for DH will be about $1500. OUCH! Normally we don't spend more than $150-200 on eachother.

:rwb:

on BF I spent @ 600.00 ( This included a laptop, digita camera, 4g hdsc x 2, camera case, laptop case, ps2 controller, ps2 game)

I had already spent $200 on twilight shirt, ac/dc shirt, ps2, guitar hero ii and guitar stand, wallett, and other odds n ends.

So far then I've spend $800.00 and I have about $100.00 left.

Way more than I should have. I don't have a clue of the total though. I know I spent about $1100.00 on black friday (and didn't even get any big ticket items unless you count the digital camera).

I still have more shopping to do. I think about $300.00 more.

Much thanks, handing out gift cards to random people who are doing the right thing is my favorite part about the holidays!!! :D I figure if people can still behave in kind manner, have a smile on their face and do the right thing (picking up trash, returning a shopping cart, holding the door open for others, saying please and thank you...etc) despite the stress of the holidays they deserve to be rewarded.

** So if you see a guy with a santa hat on all over So. Cal handing out gift cards that is probably me :P * *

The world needs more people like you. And not the fact that you are handing out gift cards. Just that you believe in random acts of kindness and take joy in the holiday instead of being grouchy and rude.

So, where exactly in So Cal are you??

So, where exactly in So Cal are you??

LOL. I have two places. One in Santa Barbara County and one in Ventura County. Handed out 3 more cards today. $10 gas card to a stressed out waitress who just dealt with a table full of rude people! $5 subway card to someone who let someone cut in front of them in line. $10 BB card to someone who put back an item they did not want in the right place where they originally got it from.

One of these days I want to take a car and drive around the USA all during December and hand out gift cards for those doing kind things.

I spent about $300 on BF, about $200 before that, and almost $650 yesterday. So, I guess a total of $1150. I still have about $500 more the spend.

That is good for us because Christmas used to be about a $3000 event. Last year was a little rougher, so we cut way down. I decided it was more under control that way, so I'm upholding the cutbacks we did last year.

We buy for 14 people w/ that amount. However about 60% of the budget is for my son alone.