Official One-and-Only "What I Got" / "My BF Experience" Thread

Brad

I had two personal experiences this year that I could have lived without. I'll make my story short. There was a guy waiting in electronics at WalMart. He said he'd been there since 2 a.m. and he wasn't going to get out of line....and he had to use the bathroom....so he did. He pooped!!! Then we were waiting in line at the Target bathroom and a lady peed her pants! I mean come on...that's ridiculous.

Hubby just called and we managed to get the washer dryer set from sears. The guy told hubby that they only had one set in stock and he couldnt sell it to us at that price! Can you believe that? Hubby had the ad in hand and told the guy that he was gonna have alot of peeved customers if hes not going to honor the ad. Hubby likes to throw fits over stuff like this so Im sure he was very persueding. :D Anyway..ours will be delivered on Tuesday.

I wonder what Sears was thinking about these. My hubby and his brother were in charge of this part of the list. They bought them, the got in line at the distribution center for their 8:00 opening. My brother in law was second in line. Someone cut in front of the number one spot. Those two had an argument and lost their spots, but in BiL in first spot. He had bought two, there were only two left. Someone who showed up at 7:30 at Sears told me that he had gotten a February delivery date.

Kudos to your hubby,

Darla

This was a great year as far as organization went for me and my family. I had my lists printed off from this site. I tore them into different stores and sent people to different stores. By 6:30 am, I had the last call that all purchases had been made. Only problem I had was with Walmart ringing up the grill. Customer behind me kept complaining. I couldn't feel too bad as there wasn't anything else I could do.

Walmart:

42" T.V.

Nintendo Wii

Grill

Various small appliances

Office Depot

11" photo frame - Only one the store had.

16 gb flash drives - five this is the gift of choice this year.

Sam's Club

Wii Fit

Best gift of the day, My nephew looked at the receipts before he turned them over to me found out he only paid for four of the flash drives. He went back to the store to pay for the fifth one.

Next best gift, wherever I want to be first in line next year, my son assured me the spot. He said I will be able to go to that store and thank the person in line for saving my spot and then that person will swap places and go to the end of the line. After I assured him that no one would give up their spot for me, I got the message. He will camp out for me. He will not allow me to join him in line close to the time to open the door, but he will bow out of his spot. He feels that if I joined him, that would be giving cuts to someone and that doesn't sit right with him.

I loved seeing the young men in my family show so much honor.

I think it depends upon the laptop in question. This year there was the $379 Toshiba, then there was a $479 Toshiba which was the $379 model plus a $100-value upgrade. There was a lot of confusion about that. It was an either/or deal. They didn't have a minimum 15 of the $379 and a minimum of 15 for the $479 notebooks. The ad specifically stated a minimum 15 of the laptops ($379) and a minimum of 15 packages (the $100 add-on package) Some Best Buys, including my local one, erroneously double-counted.

I was at BB at 5am but after that I went to Walmart. Couldn't understand why at 6:30 or so they had 90% of their stock still on the floor. I didn't really want anything there except the Shopvac, and was surprised that they had a pallet not even touched! Just as I was going past the TV's, I seen people yelling and screaming over them. I thought, why are they doing this at 6:30 and not 5am? My question was answered when I got to Staples. At 5am WM had a transformer that blew, and they threw everyone out of the store (made them leave their shopping carts and everything). I didn't realize it, but I was one of the first to be let back in the store! What a mess it must have been! Anyway I got everything I wanted (less the Shopvac because I thought it was a 5hp and it was only a 2hp). Here's my list

Target Little Tikes Digital camera -$20

BB 2 Acer monitors -$99 each

Staples 8Gb USb-$15.99

Staples Motorola headset $9.99 AR

Sams- got 7 Scrapbook sets at $9.99 each(usually $35.00!) great for birthday gifts for the kids friends!)

Sears $99 toolbox

BB Green Ipod Nano $149- 20$ GC which someone stole from me :( (just the GC)

Kmart $30 carpet

Missout on the Lowes Dewalt $20 set

Otherwise got all my stuff and was home by 8am :)

I had a hard time sleeping Thursday night/Friday a.m., so I got up around 3 and started surfing the 'net. I left here and got in line at my local (non super) Walmart. They did a GREAT job keeping everyone in line, and telling potential line-jumpers to get in line. When the doors opened at 5, anyone who was not in the line (but just standing by the front doors in the parking lot's fire lane), had to STAND there and wait for the end of the line! It was great (last year was horrendeous).

Our WM didn't have the 8g MP3 players or the dish set that I wanted, but I did get the Samsung camera, sheets, jeans, jammie pants, hot wheels and play-doh.

After WM, I had an Office Depot gift card that expired tomorrow, so I went there. Now, never on BF have I seen this OD busy, so I figured I'd walk in, get my $79.99 Kodak camera and waltz out. OH NO! I got in and the line was probably 50 people deep. I walked to the camera and didn't see any Take One tickets that OD usually has. I asked a clerk, he called the stock room and was told that there was ONE left. He told me to get in line and pick it up up front--it would have my name on it. 45m later, i get to the register and I was told that it was sold out. DANGIT! I waited in line for nothing. I walked outside to leave, but came back in so I could spend the Gift Card on something else, and when I walked back in to the store, the lady who said they didn't have any called my name and said they found the one I was wating for!! Yippee!!! So happy! So I got that camera for $50 (after gift card).!

Left OD and headed to Kohls. Not really busy at this point--it was about 7a by now. I didn't end up getting a lot--a pencil skirt I'd been eyeing forever, boots for DD and some shirts, but that's about it. My total was $96! I should have got one more thing to get the second $10 Kols Cash. Dernit...

Leaving Kohls, I went to JCP. Went over to housewares for the Cooks Meat slicer but they were all out. Grabbed pillows, a photo jewelry box and some Lock n Locks. The line took forEVER.. Trucked these out to the car, then back inside for mroe shopping. Got jeans, tops, pants, etc.

After Pennys' (by now it's eleven or so), went to Bath & Body works. I had 2 $10 off $30 coupons, so I got some of the 2 for $20 scentports and lots of wallflowers, split into two purchases.

Finally, off to sears. They didn't have any of the $14/99 boots in my size, so I headed back to housewares for the Black & Decker food processor. I heard as I was walking that it was NOON, but thankfully, the guy who checked me out at Tools honored the early bird price on the B&D so I still got it for under twenty bucks.

I got home around 1, and let me tell ya--I'm STILL freaking exhausted! I'm going back to bed...

a local outdoor shopping center had a promo for $25 gift card to the first 1000 prople to show up at midnight and the stores would open then.....we got there at 10:00 and there were already 2000 people in line ! that was okay with us we were 4th in line at BBW they opened the doors at 11:40 we got our goodies and over to Aeropostle got in and out then Old Navy got in and out Dicks alreaady sold out of my item all by 1:15 am !so we zoomed back to our neighborhood and were 5th in line at Toys R Us and the manager was so great even let a couple of people in to go potty the crowd there was SO well behaved ....I made it to Dicks right when they opened and got my item there stopped byBed Bath and Beyond got an extra 20% off entire purchase got a nice cookware set on sale for $99.99 plus extra 20% off AND $30.00 rebate WooHoo stopped by Walgreens got my gift wrap ....all shopping done by 8:30am YAY !!!!

I couldnt wait and since my walmart is 30 mins away I decided to take the seats out of my SUV stick in a air bed and camp out at the walmart. Got there about midnight my husband and I laid down for a bit but couldnt sleep so got up at 1:30 and walked around the store finding everything I needed where it was located. I was ale to grad my movies early and the digital frame and the v-smile since these items were on the shelf aready. My husband stayed posted at the 42" Tvs he didnt believe me on how crazy it gets he was just standing in the area I told him get your cart right up on it and good thing he did cause it got croweded around there really fast after 4. I grabed a MP3 player a stack of memory cards and flash stick and a bunch of toys. Got out of walmart at 5:20 over $1000.00 but all my shopping is done hurray!!!

I was at Disney Store at 11pm on Thanksgiving I was 7th in line they let us in the mall at about 11:45 and into the store just before midnight, I quickly got everything I wanted as there were more than 200 people there, more than I had ever seen at a Disney Store in BF. I only waited about 15 minutes to pay (got everything at 25 - 40% off plus the extra 20%). but when I left the line was huge.

Then I came home and went to sleep, then went to Game Stop at around 8 for used games got 8 games and a controller for $72, then to target for PJs, then to KMart for B2G1 Playmobile.

Everything was great except the people (shoppers) at Target were really rude, everywhere else they were very nice and no issues.

I had a great Black Friday. It started wednesday night at Gymboree getting the doorbuster coats for $14 and then thursday a little Aeropostle online shopping.

DD (10 yo) and I headed out friday for walmart a little after 4am. I found a parking place near the front and went in. We grabbed a cart and I put DD in the camera line. She was 10th in line and I knew it would be safe for her to wait there. Then I went and scoped out the other things I wanted. I went back and spelled DD and she headed for the toys. I managed to grab the 3 in 1 printer and blu ray w/o losing my spot in line for the camera. DD grabbed the Littlest Pet Shop she wanted and brought it back to the cart. Then I sent her out and she grabbed 12 of the 1.50 towels and the $15 stand mixer. After that she went back to toys to grab the playdoh canister and aquadoodle mat for DD#2. During this whole time, the camera register wasn't open, so I wasn't moving. Finally it opened and I got the Big Zoom camera, bag, and 4gb card. Paid for those and we headed to the front of the store for the coat and pajama deal. The coats were gone, but I did get a couple of sets of pajamas for DD #2.

We paid there and went to get breakfast, then headed to Walgreens. DD grabbed 6 of the Lil Kinz and I got the B1G1F potted pre lit trees. Those suckers went in about 10 seconds. It was crazy. From there we headed to Bath and Body Works. I stood in line for about 10 minutes w/o it moving at all and decided that it was worth paying shipping. So we headed home and I jumped online and ordered the things I wanted from B&BW. Around noon we headed back to walmart and I found a couple of the $8 coats - yay! DD picked up another LPS and the fleece sleep pants. Then we ended our day by going to see Twilight.

Today is DH's day to shop, I hope he has as much fun as DD and I did yesterday, it was great.

Best Buy

Sandisk 4GB SDHC, $14.99

Walmart

V-Smile Pocket, $25

Frederick's of Hollywood

Bras, buy 2 or more for $19.50/each

Kohl's

Hooded towels, $7.99/each

Snowflake plush throw, $7.99

Amazon Customer Vote, Round One

PS3 "SciFi Bundle", $299

In the stores

Sports Authority

Went for the Buy one get one 1/2 off sale on socks

Won a $300 Bonus Bucks scratch card!!!! (cards given to the first 100 customers)

Came back later w/my husband and sons. Hubby got a weight bench and set, oldest son got a mini trampoline, youngest son got a soccer ball, $FREE

Bath and Body Works

Too much good stuff to type out but I did save a bundle there and got the VIP tote.

Also won a $25 gift card at the shopping center for being one of the 1st 1,000 people there.

Target

Doodle Pro, $10

4 Lane Hotwheels race track, $10

Star Wars Leapster game, $15

Guitar Center

Hubby went to get some studio monitors and use the 15% off coupon. They didn't have the ones he wanted but did have the deluxe model which is about $100 more expensive. They sold him the deluxe ones for less than the cheaper model, so he got a good deal there.

Office Depot

Sandisk Ultra II 4GB CF, $14.99

4x6 photo paper, B1G2

That's all I think so far. It was a good day!

Edited by jade6700

My BF experience was awsome. I went to WM at 5:00am and walked right to the front of the line where a big crowd of people were and was in the door about 4 mins later. The only things I wanted at WM was 4 movies and the Aquadoodle mat for $15 but apparently WM did not get the Aquadoodle shipment, but they are priced regularly at $18 and change so I'll get one at a later time. So I got TMNT for $2 and Iron Man, Kung Fu Panda, and Alvin and the Chipmonks for $9 each. Spent $30 at WM and then went to Royal Farms for a coffee. After that I headed to Target and again went right to the front door and joined the line that was going in the door. I got a Franklin Hoops-To-Go Basketball thing that hangs over the door for $20, 2 of the sleeping bag sets that come with a backpack, flash light and water bottle for $8 each, a 24 pk of playdoh for $6, an Air Hogs Radio controlled Helicopter for $15, and a bunch of DVD's(The little mermaid Ariels Beginning, dont mess with the zohan, annie, the incredible hulk, and the grinch movie). And I spend $102.60. I saved $76 and some change at Target alone. I got everything I needed to get and was home by 7:00am. I love BF shopping :)

Left my house at 2 a.m. with 2 friends. Arrived at mall about 3am was one of the first 300 in mall got bag with coupons and chance to win a gift card to mall, this was a joke not one store that we shopped had coupons they were all for stores no one shops at was a waste of our time.

sears got the luggage set for 19.99 (regular 99.00) = great deal

pac sun -got my daughter a fox vest (originally 60.00) , a shirt and 3 cami's total was 125.00 after the 30% off the entire store and I had a 15% coupon total was 50.73 = total savings of 75.34 Great deals!! Best deals of the day and the sales associates were great, very friendly and helpful !

victoria secret - got 2 pair of pink sweats, bottle of lotion , bottle of body wash

after coupons got the free tote , free body scrub, and $10 off purchase = decent deals

toys r us was a joke nothing in stock we went after

game stop - DS game and 3 xbox 360 games for 60.00 (all brand new) = great deals

kohls - 2 toys for grandkids = decent deals

hollister - shirt for daughter = no special sale just bought off clearance rack

kb toys - glow worm that plays music 6.88 = good price

walmart - 2 $8.oo coats, walkie talkies, necklace, 2 $4.oo pj's , a couple toys = good deals

american eagle - 4 shirts and 8 pair of panies (buy 4 get 4 free) at 20% off it was a in store special for bf and the shirts were buy one get one 50% off = good deals ,, but I had a coupon for 20% more off and they would not let us use it. alot of other people had these coupons for all access members and they would not accept them they said because they already had the bf sale for everyone they could not accept other coupons. alot of customers were upset. so the deals were good but we could have gotten even better deals if they would have accepted our other discounts. some people even laid their stuff down and said they would go to pacsun

and a few smaller stores in the mall got some misc. stuff

not a bad day all in all a few disappointments for the day but got some good deals

got home about 7:45 pm a looooooong day

I am so thrilled I scored THREE free Blackberry Curves from Sam's club wi/ renewing our AT&T contract. :) I also bought my son a matrix phone for just 79!!

What time did i do this you ask? 3 PM!

I was out shopping for the fun of it at 4 am. nothing really on my list but I spent a lot.

This was the very first time I actually went out early in the morning. It wasn't as bad as I feared. I hit Jcpenney at 4:00, and got the tow things I was there for (pedegg and a remington razor). Then I waited in an insanely long line at walmart for twenty minutes. I walked out ten minutes later with one $2 DVD. They had two registers openat the opposite end of the store that no one was at. Hooray for me! Nest stop was Target where it was another 20 minutewait. I got a price adjustment on the leaqpster games I bought last week, and pickedup the polar express DVD. Then it was backto bed at 6:30. The whole experience was great. But of course,I wasn't after major items. I will definately be doing it again next year.

Oh, and my sil went to the sportsauthority and was handed a $100 giftcard.

Walked into Best Buy around 1:45pm. Ended up getting the 32" Dynex for $399. You know, the doorbuster? Hey, I have no idea how good or bad it is. My mom needed a TV and this one will get the job done. It's replacing a TV that is at least 16 years old.

On that note, this particular Best Buy (Lindbergh location, ATL) appeared to have a good bit of doorbusters or ticketed items still available around 2pm on Black Friday. I would have never expected to get one of the ticketed items that late in the day.

So did ours-- I love Best Buy.:)

Took my teenagers and started at Sports Authority for the free gift cards. We got there 1 hour before open and were tenth in line. Left son in line and went to JCPenny's to get Aqua Globes. Missed them but got the free snow globe and some photo coasters. Back to Sports store. We each got a $10 card but the kids heard a couple people get $20 or $25. So we got our $10 worth of free stuff and moved on to Wal mart for $8 jeans and $4 pajamas - one had a hole so I'll have to take it back and probably won't find another to exchange :-(. Went to Half Price Books for their free gift card - surprised at the line. Got there at quarter til 7am opening and almost didn't make it in first 100. Got our $5 cards from them, person a few in front of us got the $100 card. Ran 2 stores over to World Market to get their free ornament and daughter won a tin of cookies. (Broke my ornament when we went back to book store and were shopping the crowded aisles.) Then to CVS and Walgreens to cash in on their free stuff.

HUH? What deal was this? Not like I have one near me (Sports Chalet and Dicks are the only ones near me) but that sounds like a good deal getting $100 for showing up! I would have got some fishing gear!

They hand out cards from $10 to $300 to the first 100 customers. You have to spend it that day. I got $300 :D

Well, this year was a great BF for me. There was nothing that if I hadn't gotten I couldn't have lived without, but fortunately, I was able to get EVERY item on my list.

Started off at Walmart at 3:30. My Walmart is a 24 hour Walmart and it is also in a small city so not very crowded, but I was able to get a Hot Wheels City set, hot wheel cars, Cabbage Patch doll, Baby Alive Doll, Air Hogs Set, Little Pet Shop VIP Pet, Barbie Car, a couple of DS games, The ATV remote control guy and I price matched the Eye Clops from Toys R Us. Had $95 in gift cards, so i only spent $35.00 out of my own pocket for everything.

I was out of Walmart by 5:20 and then headed to Staples to get one of the Nikon Coolpix camera's, although I did get what I went for this was the most disorganized store I visited.

Then I left and went to Gamestop, got my DS 3 UMD Movies for the PSP he's getting for Christmas and a couple of used DS games.

Then went to Sears for a couple of items for my husband. Stopped by Best Buy at about 9:00and had no problem still finding what I wanted and the lines weren't that long. Went to Target to price match and get my money back on a few items i bought earlier in the week and then off to Kohl's. I was still able to get the electric skillet and 3 of the reversable down comforters for me and my siblings. Left Kohl's and headed to Harbor Freight got a few more items for my husband and then to Toy's R Us at about 11:00. I couldn't believe that they still had everything there that I was looking for :) So, all in all it was a good BF.

It's been fun reading through everyone's shopping trips. I got back from my sister's house in MA just before midnight, spent time making my lists with the local flyers (had already purchased a paper in MA at CVS when picking up a few free items, plus my research here so I was just confirming the deals I had planned to check on). Stayed up, contemplated pulling all-nighter, then promptly fell asleep. Needless to say, I ended up sleeping in and didn't end up showering until about 9 AM! Out at stores shortly after ten AM.

K-Mart -- will likely go back tonight for a few things that were weekend sale, too busy:

9 sets of legos (B2G1F) -- 3 each at 29.99/19.99/9.99 price points (including advent calendars)

Nintendo DS bundle in Blue Ice with Brain Age ($149) and $25 coupon to use in December for a game DD8 wants

Kohls -- very busy, and easily the longest time in line...nearly an hour!:

Griddle ($9.99 after rebate)

Fondue Set ($9.99 after rebate)

digital video camera set ($99.99 for my mom that was watching the kids in MA!)

big jar candle $3.99

ladies cashmere socks $4.99

curious george $5 kohls cares for kids stuffed animal

2 boxed 2009 calendars $6.49 each

- 15% discount coupon (saved add'l $24.29), plus earned $20 kohls cash (should have grabbed a few more calendars to get another $10 in kohls cash, i was only $7.xx away!)

Famous Footwear:

3 pairs of shoes for me

3 pairs of shoes for the kids

* used a 20% off coupon and they had the B1G1 50% off sale, so it totalled only $65.xx!

Walgreens:

6 of the Lil Webkinz B1G1F

mgr special - chase & sanborn instant coffee $0.99 (x2)

mgr special - crayolya 64 pk crayons $0.99 instead of normal $5.99 (x2) -- for girl scout troop

Radio Shack -- very helpful, even though I was there late to pick up these few items:

2 pk wind up LED flashlights (x2) $9.99 each

noise canceling headphones (x2) $9.99 each

Walmart -- surprised to find most items I wanted that late in the day (around 3 pm):

multiple $4 items (PJs, hoodies, fleece PJ pants, track suits, clogs, slippers)

Kung Fu Panda DVD $9

several $2 DVDs (spiderman 1, drumline, tenacious D, syriana)

$6 movies (nite at the museum, superbad)

V-smile pocket $25

HSM dolls $5 (x3)

hot wheels cars 10 pk $5

deluxe monopoly game $10

cars mack truck $10

LEI jeans $8

*missed out on Kmart Easy Bake oven for $15, none of the DS games that were on our list were discounted so I waited, but overall I did pretty well. I wanted to buy the 42" HDTV Dell had online, but DH wanted to wait a bit longer. Also some $5 album downloads from Amazon.

Have a great deal of shopping done, will now have to use my normal last minute shopping time for wretched house cleaning and entertaining! LOL

Got up at 2:30 got to Kohls at 4 when they opened got the GPS, Littlest Pet Shop, blankets, and a few other goodies, I stood in line while my sister walked to Walmart to stand in line for the PS2w/guitar, she stood in line for 30 min (former layaway area) and was 2nd away from the front and they told her they were sold out. Mean while I came into walmart found her and saw people walking out from that area with the PS2 that we wanted, so I went up to the desk jumping the line that we just left and told the man that he just told us they were out...I wasn't happy, Well I got that and the Rock Band so we were happy!!!! Left went to Best Buy and found Rock Band $40 cheeper so bought it again there and took the other back at Wal-Mart. Then went to Target and HomeDepot!!!! We got everything we went to get and more!!!!!!!!

Thanks Gotta Deal! My kids will be soooooo happy this Christmas!!!!:D

Pre-Black Friday: $199.99 Garmin Nuvi 750 from costco

Black Friday:

Staples: 256 cd/dvd binder $9.98

Half Priced books: 1 free tote bag, free $5 gift card, got one Chinese cook book that cost me 20 cents!!!!

Did a lot of Xmas shopping in the weeks before since many stores had huge sales and I wouldn't save much waiting until black friday to get the same items.

We got up at 4:30 and got to WM about 10 minutes before opening and were surprised that the line wasn't longer. When the doors opened at 5am, all of a sudden a lot of people came out of there cars and walked right into WM without a care for all of us who got in line. I know we are in Minnesota but it wasn't that cold!

At that point it got really crazy, I went back to electonics and decided to just grab the KungFu Panda movie. My husband grabbed Meatballs for $2 and got my boys each a pair of jeans and checked out.

Got in line at Target @ 5:30. Got everything we had on our list.

Lego Star Wars Imperial Starship

Kodak digital picture frame

Batman Lego for DS

Wii PJ's

DVDs: The Holiday, Goodfellas, Goonies

Initally and the 26" TV but decided it was an impulse buy and went to put it back where we picked it up. The spot was empty (in women clothing area) so my DH was dropping it off by the other tv's in electronics. A lady just joking asked my DH if he was looking to get rid of it and he said yeah. The lady was surprised with my DH answer and started asking him if there was anything wrong with it. Once he reassured her everything was ok, she was pretty happen to have ended up with it.

Kudos to Target, they handed location maps out for a dozen or so popular items, didn't allow for any line jumping, had so many associates around to help us find whatever we were looking for.

Was home and napping by 7am.

Went back out at 10am for a nice quite 90 minute visit to Archivers.

Finally after some sleep I can share:

Walmart : got there at 11 pm, store doors opened at midnight. Everything but computer and TV you could put in your cart and wait. There I got

2 rubbermaids

2 kitchen aid mixers

7 jeans

2 coats

13 DVD

1 camera

1 toy for newphew

Target:

digital fram

BBW

VIP bag and other fun stuff :)

Lowes

Tree

and christmas stuff

Coach outlet

Purse

Walet

wristlet

and a bunch of other stuff. mostly clothes

Overall...

Great time.

Shoped for 20.5 hours and was exhusted

Bestbuy

got there at 3 a.m., 120th in line. Wanted the magellan 1212 but it was not in their paper. Passed on the several items that made it back to me...

Staples

my #1 priority and conveniently located beside bestbuy. When the bestbuy line got me to staples, I got off and was about 8th in line.

tom tom 125

norton 2009 3 user

office chair

8 gb cruzer

target (conveniently located beside staples) DD has parttime job there, so her 10% discount made these deals sweeter :)

2 kodak digital frames

several movies

house season 2

magna doodle pro

pink britas with free water bottle (clearance for $13.xx - new packaging brita alone was $31.xx)

memorex dvd player

much more stuff I can't recall

walmart

garmin nuvi 200

2 gb sd card

bath & body works

$5 wallflowers

used 2 'free item up to $13' coupons

lane bryant

buy 1 get 1 (2 items)

dd saw sign at checkout to text for discount and got me $10 discount!

kmart

joe boxer buy 1 get 1 robe & pajama pants

socks

joanns

pasta machine doorbuster

15 $1 butterick patterns

used 50% off coupon for magazine

Big Lots

2 watches (a timex indiglo for $10!)

movies

stuff :)

Um...My Black Friday? :o

I was sleeping, and resting with my Foot up. :o LOL.

I had foot srugery on Nov. 20th...so no black Friday for me this year. :eek:

I did not even look at the HUGE pile opf Ads that comes in Thanksgiving Day's newspaper :shock:, because I knew I'd just be SAD :( and Frustrated :mad: to not get to plan out a strategy. LOL.

Congratulations to all of you who had a great and successful shopping day! :)

I went to Wal-mart and knew I could price match most movies and game I wanted (saved a 45 min trip to the city). I get there and "battle" the other shoppers and grab my items. Headed to the check out line with my son. I could see there were long lines already, so I send son back to jewelry to find a shorter line. He comes back and says lets go as there are just two people checking out. My turn, the Dept. manager (as indicated on name tag) doesn't know how to price match :( and said I have to go to the normal check out lines. Forget that, went to sporting goods, waited a few minutes for the two in front of me. Guess what... that Dept. manager doesn't know how to price match and tells me to go up front. I'm upset :mad: but display my calmness. She gets on the phone and calls someone to try to price match. She is struggling, so I take items and told her I'll head up front. Wait in line at the front registers and finally price match all my items. Total wait time = 50 minutes. Does Wal-mart not train Dept. managers how to use a cash register or just hand out name tags that say Dept. managers?

I got myself a Cricut Expressions around noon on Black Friday. I slept in this year, as there was nothing that REALLY made me want to get out of bed that early. It was sad that I wasn't in Wal-Mart as the craziness happened :)

At our Wal-Mart most of the sale items were still there when I got there - crazy!

I had two personal experiences this year that I could have lived without. I'll make my story short. There was a guy waiting in electronics at WalMart. He said he'd been there since 2 a.m. and he wasn't going to get out of line....and he had to use the bathroom....so he did. He pooped!!! Then we were waiting in line at the Target bathroom and a lady peed her pants! I mean come on...that's ridiculous.

Oh that is sooooo gross!!!!!!!!! :yuck: