Official One-and-Only "What I Got" / "My BF Experience" Thread

Brad

I needed very little. Been buying everything online and shipping either free or to store. Hit Sears first and bought Craftsmans drill driver sets and grabbed a clearance microwave for 29.00 was 120. Then My mom insisted on running in next door to Kmart to grab a stupid track phone and they had just unlocked doors and it was crazy. She had to use the bathroom twice and my 11 ds was angry he wanted portable dvd player at Walmart and I had things I wanted there. We got to Walmart and everything was gone. It was about 6:15. While walking around mad, we found carts of discarded stuff in departments that people had just sat down. Wwe got the dvd player and a microwave and then the rest of the stuff we wanted started showing up discarded. Later the next day we hit the local Walmart and their store is still full of everything. We got 6 of the 2.00 dvd's there. Now I just need a reasonable digital picture frame and a small crockpot. Didn't look Friday because the people didn't tell me they wanted them until today. Figures.

I'm deployed this year so my shopping was done online. Got an Antec 900 computer case for 60 bucks with free shipping from Newegg and a Western Digital 1TB External Hard drive from Best Buy with free shipping to my APO address(SWEET!). My mom said she went out though. Haven't heard how it went.

I went to the outlets, and then on to walmart. It was a mad house in there, and I didn't get hardly anything on my list b/c I had a buggy with stuff in it, turned my back for 2 seconds and someone took my buggy!!! I followed her, told her it was mine, and she said it was hers, that the stuff in it was for her grandkids. I said, you mean to tell me you have 4 grands the same sizes and ages as mine with the same exact likes???? I don't think so. I followed her for awhile hoping she would let go of the buggy so I could "steal" it back, but no such luck. I ended up just getting 4 $2 DVDs and a lightsaber.

I then went to kmart, to get a few things and put them on layaway. Left there at a few minutes to 7 and then off to the next town for target and tru.

got to target, missed the lego set :( and then got a few things, did a price adjustment, and out the door to tru by 9.

Got alot of stuff at tru, as most of the doorbusters that I wanted were still there.

All in all it was a good day. I will NEVER go back to that walmart on BF though, the lines were horrible, the people were rude, and it was very disorganized. I will opt for the smaller one nearer to home!!!

BF went to CC @ 440am. Doors opened at 5 and my sister and I walked in and I picked up the $199.00 holiday bundle xbox W/ Refurb harddrive and w.controller. also got lots of games for wii for $10 or less, & blu ray movies. Went to WM next and did almost all the rest of the main shopping there, PM everything and was done till Sat. Kmart had a great deal on a Samsung dig cam w/10mpx5 zoom for 99. (came w/ mem card and case) Rest online using GD forum. Thanks

I am not sure how the other Wal-marts worked it this year, but they have lost me as a BF customer. I am so upset. My sister and I both were there before 5am and waited on two different lines. I was at the GPS line and she was at the camera line. There were many ahead of us. What Wal-Mart did not tell you was that you had to pay for each item before proceeding to your next item. My sister was on the line for 2 darn hours (once they began selling) for a freaking camera that wasn't worth the wait! We blew our entire morning at that store. I waited 45 minutes for the GPS (also once they began selling). Again, I am not sure if all the stores did this or just the one we were in. I will not bother to go there again. The registers at the front of the store were empty since they were making everyone pay on the line where they were "looking" at the item or selecting the item advertised. Some people realized it and had others with them so they sent them off shopping for items that weren't behind counters and ended up filling carts which in turn slowed the line for the "item" down even more :no: Like I said, they lost me as a BF customer next year. I don't care if they are selling items for a buck!! I will not go there.. :mad:

My shopping was subdued and rather calm this year which was really nice. Each year I have to decide what is the major steal for the day is since there is close to 30 miles between Walmart and everything else. I got to BonTon at 3:45 and there was only about 10 people waiting near the door I pulled up at. I got Sharper Image digital camera/binoculars for $20, and queen size down alternative comforter for $20 and hot wheels toys at 50% off which was nice since I got a huge loopy thing for $15. KB Toys opened at 5 so I got the Star Wars tent for $10. Went then to Target for the $10 Shark stickvac combo. There was about 75 people ahead of me and as usual they only had 5 of them, but this time I knew to go there first and then to get the $15 air hog helecopter and gator golf.

I was sooo impressed with Best Buy that I am sending a letter to their corporate office. Not only did they do the normal ticketing but they also had their people basically form a line around the front door. They would not let any of the people that normally get there 10 minutes before the doors open and try to rush the doors to get in. They told them they had to go to the back of the line and enter in an orderly fashion. It was awesome! Everyone was so calm. Those that tried to jump the line weren't too happy but the rest of us thought it was the best!!!

Kudos to BB!!!

I had a buggy with stuff in it, turned my back for 2 seconds and someone took my buggy!!! I followed her, told her it was mine, and she said it was hers, that the stuff in it was for her grandkids. I said, you mean to tell me you have 4 grands the same sizes and ages as mine with the same exact likes???? I don't think so. I followed her for awhile hoping she would let go of the buggy so I could "steal" it back, but no such luck.

I would have stood in front of her and literally let out a yell, like from a horror movie :gdyelling: She would have been too afraid to stick around hehehehe

Believe me, I can scare the crap out of anyone ;) Sorry that happened to you.

I was sooo impressed with Best Buy that I am sending a letter to their corporate office. Not only did they do the normal ticketing but they also had their people basically form a line around the front door. They would not let any of the people that normally get there 10 minutes before the doors open and try to rush the doors to get in. They told them they had to go to the back of the line and enter in an orderly fashion. It was awesome! Everyone was so calm. Those that tried to jump the line weren't too happy but the rest of us thought it was the best!!!

Kudos to BB!!!

Ours is that way too-- always completely organized and they are just the best-- plenty of stock, even providing porta potties lol. They do not tolerate line jumpers. I was so happy to get my Norton 360 that night after I had slept, ate and bathed I could have cried. My stupid Office Max only had 3 in the store then misdirected me 3 times as to where they were- so I lost out even though I was 4th in line. The stupid ad said while supplies last but only 3? That is completely absurd. We even got a psc for $29 for the daughter the next day (at Best Buy) and they price matched a hard drive for my husbands computer from the Walmart site so he ended up saving $27-- I love Best Buy!! " we're not worthy"

I would like to let everyone know how wonderful our little Midwest Menard's DIY chain is...

this is the first year our Super Menard's store (with appliance, mattress, pet, limited grocery, etc. departments) was open and most shoppers in line did not know what to expect.

Around 5:30, an employee came out to distribute maps of the store. Granted, the printing was microscopic and the morning darkness didn't help - but the location of each doorbuster special was marked! He answered everyone's specific questions (especially helpful for those of us over age 40 with less sharp vision!). Items in the aisles and on the endcaps that were doorbusters were marked with helium balloons.

The only aspect that was less than stellar was the main aisle, where they once again persisted in lining up carts (separated, not "glued together") such that shoppers could only walk single-file down each edge of the main aisle! In fact, as I blazed a trail for the $1.89 fleece blankets, a gaggle of conversing employees had to step into a side aisle...there was just no room for extra people.

I was in and out, paid, picked up the battery rebate form (tidily organized up front) and back to my car by 6:13. Great service, friendly employees - really, a wonderful shopping experience.

I have to say this was one of the mildest BF I have experienced in a while. The stores weren't crazy busy except for Kohl's. They need to figure out how to bring in extra cash stands or something. I purposely left them to my last store because I knew I would have to wait in the line for so darn long and I didn't want to miss some of the deals I wanted to get elsewhere.

But I did get the TomTom at Sears and it has Text to Speech, I noticed on the other thread it was saying it didn't but I even opened it up and tried it out to make sure before I gave it to the person I was getting it for and it was great.

Can't wait for BF next year!:cheesy:

I did most of my BF shopping online this year on Wednesday and Thursday, thankfully. At 11:30 am Turkey Day, I tried to head to the outlet mall about 15 minutes from my house, but the line to the outlet was several highway exits long so after about 1 hour of waiting in traffic, I gave up and went home. Wal-mart's online sale started earlier than I thought so I missed out on some of the sales, but was still able to pick up 2 of the 500-ct sheet sets, a few toys and video games, an external hard drive, and some hoodies and lounge pants. Headed to Kohl's for 4 am opening and picked up 3 comforter sets and received $20 in Kohls cash for later. Was in and out in under 15 minutes. Then I got in line at Toys 'R Us for the PS2 sale and a few of the B1G1 games. I made the mistake of searching for the games first instead of picking up the PS2 and was stuck in the electronics line for over an hour, which seriously messed up my plans. Then I went to K-Mart to purchase one of the behind the door basketball games and check out the DVD selection. Was in and out of there in under 15 minutes as well. Then made the dreaded trip to Wal-Mart. Picked up the HS Musical bean bag chair, lucked out and found one of the comforter sets in a discard cart, bought about 70 $2 dvds and was in and out in about 25 minutes. Then went to CC and bought some more $2.99 and $3.99 DVDs. Then went to JCP and Sears but it was already 9:30 and all the doorbusters I was interested were gone. Returned home and did some more online shopping for things I wasn't able to get. My Christmas shopping is 99% complete, but I did not stay within budget. Oh well. All in all, it was an OK BF, but wont be particularly memorable.

My BF was great this year. This year I went with my niece because she wanted to experience what it is a Black Friday, she is 12 years old. I was at JCPenney at 4:10am, got my snowglobe and bought two items it took me about 20 mins. Then I went across the street to TRU, I was in line at 4:35. I bought 3 boxes of diapers for $10.00 ea and 3 boxes of wipes for $5.00 ea. out of the door in 15 mins. Then, I went to Staples, I was in line at 5:30, the line was short I got few things there, it took me about 20 mins. Then I went to Target, my God, that was a mad house around electronics and toys. I was able to get my two items and out in 15 mins. After Target I went to Home Depot to get the 2gal. air compressor in and out in 10 mins. Then I headed to the mall where I had breakfast and finish my shopping. I was home by 10:30am with all the items that I went to get. My niece told me that she had a lot of fun and she will do it again with me next year.

this was the weirdest black friday ive ever done (well last year was turkey day passing a kidney stone-but i still made it out that nite..thats dedication!!!) this year i never saw anything worth camping out for..7 years of sitting outside of best buy all came to an end..i did more online shopping (thanks to whomever posted the wilson's leather discount and vic secret codes) and didnt leave my house til 4:30am friday to get the few early bird movies and things i wanted. just wasnt any incentive to doing the camp out thing..plus it was pouring rain anyways so i didnt miss anything this year..hope all the rest of you got what you wanted..

We went to Ashley Furniture this year for 20% off between 7-9am. Found a nice set, went to pay and found out they had no pickup option, we would have to pay extra $100 for delivery (so much for 20% off!). Since we were caught off guard by the delivery fee, we walked out and went to a local furniture shop who said they'd get the same set, same price, free delivery!

American Signature and Rooms to Go didn't really have any sales for BF.

Stopped at our mall - busy and we didn't really need anything there. Bed Bath and Beyond at 11am for 20% off entire purchase. Went to Target around noon and got sheet sets and other home products. Nice thing about Target is they offer rainchecks for many of their items. Got a raincheck for 1000 TC sheet set for $60 (reg $100). I had wanted $20 500 TC sheet set from Walmart, but it wasn't worth fighting the crowd for.

I did all of my BF shopping online this year. Got some very good deals. But there has been one bad experience this year. I had ordered WowWee 8065 Roboreptile on buy.com on BF. I got the order confirmation mail same day. Today I got a shocker email that they cannot fulfill my order..!!! How bad is that??!!

Has anyone had similar experiences with buy.com? How did you deal with them? Any suggestions?

If you call - allowing customers that arrived about 15 minutes before they opened to shove and push customers that had been waiting almost an hour, out of the way so that they could get into the store first and mob the store, even after they got phone calls from those of us standing in line telling them that we were concerned about this happening again and letting it happen again anyways - good customer service, then Menards has great customer service! Shopping carts impossible to pull out because of the mob of people, employees telling you items were in one place when they were in fact somewhere else, and people climbing over things to get into the store first.

And all of this after I personally sent an email about 2 months ago and phoned the store 10 minutes before they opened asking if they were going to do something about it this year. Obviously we had 2 completely different experiences at our Menards! It's good to know not all Menards are like the one here which is why the rest of the year I do most of my shopping at Lowes or Home Depot which are both further away from my house.

Originally Posted by taegan

I had two personal experiences this year that I could have lived without. I'll make my story short. There was a guy waiting in electronics at WalMart . He said he'd been there since 2 a.m. and he wasn't going to get out of line....and he had to use the bathroom....so he did. He pooped!!! Then we were waiting in line at the Target bathroom and a lady peed her pants! I mean come on...that's ridiculous.

Oh that is sooooo gross!!!!!!!!!

Thats why I used to like staying in line at Best buy you get to know the people around you and they we would use the bathroom and so would we. We would look after each other

My brother & I had a short, but sweet Black Friday. As money is tight for both of us, there were only a few things we were after. We got to the Super Walmart (24 hours) at about 10 til 5am. Grabbed a cart & was handed a map of all the items in the ad. He headed to the line in the back, for the mp3 players & dvd players, while I went to find the vaccums. Tons of people in the store just hanging around the pallets. At 5am, everyone started grabbing their items, but for the most part doing it nicely. lol Got my blue vaccuum, and cut thru the clothing to get to the other side of the store for the movies. You could not even get by the electronics or toy aisles. Grabbed Cat in the Hat, Charlie & the Chocolate Factory, Robots 2 pack, Ice Age 2 pack & Slither all for $2 a piece. Die Hard 4, for my dad for $6. And I pm'd Juno for $6. I thought about grabbing a Leapster game & pming, but thought I would get the ones at Kmart the next day for B1G1. Took the cart back to my brother, who was still in line, & went to go look for the $6 picture frames. They weren't out- hadn't been found yet. :( Checked back in with brother, & stood in line for him while he went & grabbed a pair of pj pants. When he came back, I went to the garden center to check out & found my brother, who got everything on his list. Next we headed to Kmart- hit up the electronics dept for the bluetooth headsets ($10 I think), and I grabbed the Sewing Machine for myself, the $19 griddle & two of the leapster games, and headed for layaway. I think that was the longest line I stood in all day. It took about an hour- there were only 10 or 11 people ahead of me, but they were having lots of issues. Finally got done here & we went thru Jack in the Box for some nourishment. :D And headed to Target. Didn't buy too much here, a few of the grow your own christmas tree pots from the dollar spot, some candy & Christmas Marshmallows. Stopped at Radio Shack, my brother picked up 5 of the Skull Candy earphones, and we picked up a few movies & books at Goodwill- they were having 50% off the whole store. Was back home at 10:15am, got the kids breakfast & headed into work. I also snagged Gremlins, Annie, Polar Express, The Office Season 3 & one other I cant' remember right now, all for the same prices in the stores! Was happy about that, as I had some Amazon credit. Fun day, Wish I had a bit more money to spend, but I got a little bit closer to finishing. I hit up Kmart on Sat morning & got a price adjustment on my leapster game & I was glad I put them in Layaway- there were NO games left on the floor at all!

Everyone loved the GottaDeal BF shirt. So many compliments on it.

Started off at Kohl's and was the first one at the jewlery counter. Good thing, cause they only had one of the necklace I was buying. Grabbed some toys and a few of the cheap blankets. Was out of the store by 4:30.

Headed over to Meijer, was able to get most of my shopping done and then waited by the still wrapped door-busters. At 5 everyone dived in, it was crazy! But I did get the pizza cooker I needed. Checked out by 5:15.

Headed over to Bed Bath & Beyond. My sister and I were the first ones there, so we started a line outside the door. They actually opened their doors early for us!! They were not suppost to open till 6, but we were out the door by 5:40!!

Then we headed over to Circuit City. Wow, what a mess. No employees to help direct. Lines for audio, games, computers, and then one normal checkout line that also included rebates, online pick up, and returns. It was such a mess. But my sister got the universal remote she needed.

Next was TRU. Got what we need there too. Longest line we were at all morning, but itseemed to move pretty fast.

Then we hit Walmart for a few items. Was surprised to see alot of the non-electronic door busters still around. So we picked up some more stuff.

Stopped for breakfast at Tim Hortons. Then hit our last few stops. Target, Micheal's, and Bath & Body Works.

I got everything I needed, so it was a good BF!:D

I did NOT get up early with the crowd. I ventured out around 9-ish to Staples, Best Buy, and Target.

*I ordered the garmin gps from target online the day before with a $7 coupon that covered shipping + $1 more.

*got two office chairs from staples $19.99 ea. on BF. They were sold out of the 9.99 after rebate bluetooth (see below).

*I got the 32" samsung lcd tv from Best buy. There were still dozens in the store at 10am. (I also had a 12% discount coupon from a promo at my kids' high school football game making it only $439 instead of 499! :cheesy:)

*Got the stainless crock pot from Target 14.99

*decided I should get a gps for each of us, and got the tomtom from staples online and the 9.99 (after rebate) bluetooth too.

*Then I ventured over to JCP and got a bunch of clothes and sleep pants for my husband and kids. Everything was 50-60%+ off. Used expired $10/$10 and $10 rewards, net $94+change after tax; used freebie $100 giftcard that I got from my citi mastercard points .

*Then ventured over to Walgreens, where I got the norelco speed xl shaver 29.99-$10 mfr coupon = 19.99, and I picked up the buy1 at 1.99, get 2 free rolls of wrapping paper.

Not bad.

when i checked out the black Friday Km art ad they had a confusing ad for Hannah Montana houses . I called the 1-880-to clarify and then my local store . They both told me the Malibu House was 29.99 . My local Km art told me they would not be put out until morning. Well with the recession I went out to get the house with my husband. We get there and wait over an hour to get into the store. We get in they have no houses try to sell me a room for the 29.99. Tell me sorry we sold the houses yesterday.

I call the 1-880 number when I get home was told a manager would call me back by the end of the day. no calls I called yesterday the manager told me to bad we are not doing anything about it. We do not have to have things in stock we advertise. Km art has done this way to many times. Usually it is for something small and no I am not up waiting in line at 4:30. I called my attorney Generals office. They told me to file a complaint with the ad. The true problem is not many people file complaints so it is hard for them to go after them for these practices of bait and Switch.

So If it has happened to you call your local office for the Attorney General they will send you a packet to fill out and send in.

I agree. People plan their shopping around what's in the ad. Because you wanted this item you went to KMart first & missed out on other deals. They do need to have at least 1 of everything in their ad on BF. I would file that complaint. I would also call back that 1-800# ask to speak to a supervisor. They can get the item & ship it to you, will they? That's totally up to their discretion. A company with good CS would do that. Costco did that on a PS3, back when they lauched & were hard to find & that was due to difficulties on their web site. GL

I know that I would be really mad as well. In the same breathe I never shop at Km art they are TERRIBLE with having things in stock...it got to the point I NEVER shop there.

I used to try and get gameboy games on special at this time of year, they where always out of the games.

So what your saying about how its not in stock really is no surprise to me.

I think over time people will stop shopping there because they do that and well they will not longer be a retailer. They would be gone if Sears was not with them.

Good Luck and I don't blame you a bit for being mad !

First off Sears would be gone as K-mart bought them, Second, you win some you lose some, I went Thanksgiving morning and they didnt get something in that I wanted but it wasnt the end of th word, Friday Morning Walmart couldnt find a whole pallet of Video games, I just let those things go. Why make a stink when one isnt there. Stores always don't get items