Samsung Washer Dryer Question

umttg

Got a question on the Samsung pair listed for $999.99 Local BF ad out today says "Priced lower in store". Anyone know exactly how much less? Not worth going to the mall tomorrow to save $20 over on-line price. Another $50-$75 and I might think about it a little later in the morning. Thanks.

Went and dealt with the cluster at local Sears this morning to look at the Samsung set and to find out what "Priced lower in store" meant. What a waste of time. They didn't even have display models to look at, way under staffed (3 guys in entire appliance department), and the rude answer I got to my "priced lower in store" question was "I have no idea, that's already a great deal". Stopped by Lowes on the way home and redemption was mine. They have the same set at $899 today, didn't have to stand in line, got great service, have a mail in rebate on the delivery/haul away fee, and got a 5 year "bumper to bumper" protection plan on both for $129 as a today only special. This is in Omaha, NE. Guess that's why Sears is going in the tank. Who doesn't have display model for an item featured in your BF ad? The only downside in the end is I'll never get that 90 minutes of my life back I have to spend dealing with the mall traffic and worthless customer service at Sears.

I have spent some time today at Sears also trying to purchase the Samsung set. I asked them what the "price lower in store" was all about. The lady rang it up and the white set is on sale for 760.00 and the blue set rings up for 809.99. Unbelievable deal, however, Sears has put a hold on the Samsung sets and will not allow the stores to sell them. A lot of the stores do not have any in stock. If you are lucky enough to find a store that has a set in stock, HAVE THEM PLACE A HOLD ON IT FOR YOU! This is exactly what I have done and I was told that they will be able to ring it up to me by Monday, if not sooner. This deal is too good to pass up. Oh, by the way, the sears website looks like it has crashed also! I have a feeling there will be a lot of upset customers!

I bought this set on 11/16 during their friends and family event for 899.99, I was told by one of the workers they sold out of them within 45 minutes and wouldnt have any more available until the end of January. I asked the same question about "priced lower in stores" and was also told they didnt know what it meant. ttfd753, that was a great price if you were able to get it for 760.00!! I have been reading on another site that people are getting the pedestals on clearance at lowes for as low as 14.00 each!!! I called the Warwick RI store last week and was told they had 5 silver ones in stock on clearance for 56.00 (great deals since they are 200.00 each). Here is the info on them if you are able to find any left somewhere, it sounds like they are pretty hard to come by after the Sears friends and family event

Lowes Item Number: 256000

Manufacturer Model Number: WE357A7S

I went today and ordered the white Samsung set around 11est. I just got a call from the salesman who asked us to come back in tomorrow as they have to substitute an LG set for the Samsung. I guess the demand was just too great.

How much was the Samsung set selling for in your location? Another poster said she got hers for $760. I am trying to figure out if this is a regional thing or if that is the price for all locations. Thanks.

How much was the Samsung set selling for in your location? Another poster said she got hers for $760. I am trying to figure out if this is a regional thing or if that is the price for all locations. Thanks.

I'm in suburban NY and it was:

washer: 522.49

gas dryer: 540.49, so 1063 and then 75 for delivery and haul away, which will come back via a rebate and lastly tax of 95.31, so all told it came to 1233.29 before rebate.

Hope that helps.

This isnt the first time I heard that people have gotten them lower then the 899.99 Sears price. When the salesman rang mine up they rang up at 499.99 each then they took off another 100.00 for friends and family. My set was just delivered on Wednesday, although I have only done one load of wash so far I am very happy with the set. It is so QUIET!!!! I was able to get a pair of bases that were returned for 60.00, when I got them home I noticed no hardware was included. I went back to Sears the following day and the manager went into the back pulled 2 sets of hardware out 2 boxes of new pedestals and off I went. Luckily for me, my experience with Sears on this purchase was wonderful!

Went to Sears this am (o'dark thirty). Purchased Samsung pair for the final ad price of 999.00 the priced lower in store was the explanation of how 799 and 749 got to 999.00. Mine won't be delivered until Feb 09, what a crappy deal! I can't believe the buyers and marketing people were not prepared for demand on this set.