Shipping issues

Shripe

Anyone ever had to go through the hassle of changing a shipping address with BB before? I had forgotten to change the shipping address when I made my order a few hours ago, so now it's going to be delivered to an old address. I already contacted Customer Care just minutes after I ordered, then got a response around 6:30am that they couldn't change the address, and that I would have to contact the shipping company to get the address changed.

I know for a fact that UPS only deals with the shipper in rerouting issues... did I just waste a bunch of money? What can I do?

I'm assuming that was after the first attempt? It'll be "delivered" (to a non-functioning building) today, then I'll give UPS a call to see if they can change the address. It would save wasting a couple hours going to a UPS staffed center miles away by bus (yay for college towns and no car) to pick it up.

I know for a fact you can change shipping address with ups. I've done it, I called the ups office and they gave me local facility phone number and I called it and had it shipped to my son's house instead of here.

Usually you can only do this:

1. If there has been a first attempt

2. If the shipper allows it.

I tried to reroute something once via UPS and they said the shipper does not allow rerouting on their packages.

Looks like it received an exception, meaning it couldn't be delivered. I e-mailed them to see if they could change the delivery address now, though I couldn't obviously obtain an InfoNotice number because:

1. I'm not at home currently

2. They couldn't leave the InfoNotice anywhere, considering the ship-to address is now a defunct building.

I'll call them when I get back... I want my Blu-Ray player! :P (Even if I found it cheaper during Amazon's black Monday sales... sigh)

I never had a first attempt. I had a Gateway laptop coming from Best Buy and knew I wouldn't be home. I live 10 miles in the country and called the facility to tell them that and they said fine.. One other time I knew I would be in the same town as the UPS facility and called them and they let me in the back door to pick it up. I'm in central Illinois. Very rural, nearest facility is 60 miles.

The ship-to address has been changed, since they could now do that after the first attempt to deliver to a now non-existing apartment building. haha.. I'll get it tomorrow. :)

wow- I think you got lucky- I had this happen once a few years ago, BB refused to do anything as the package was delivered to my old address and the new tenants kept it! So I paid for their item.... I was so mad... it was like $75 worth of stuff

Just got it.. Guess I was lucky in one sense. The apartment building was more of a private housing place, so they had a 24-hour staffed desk.. They would've seen the name difference and likely recognized that I didn't live there, and I would've been able to leave a note with them prior to its delivery anyway. At least I have it now.. now to find some cheap blu-rays, since nothing really appealed to me in any of the sales.