Musician's Friend 10% off Gift Cards

MidwestMama

I got this email today saying that you can buy gift cards at Musician's Friend for 10% off ends Friday at 11:59 PT. The code is CR10 and you can have them delivered by mail or e-mail. So, I am planning on doing this to e-mail and then using them on BF which is when they are to have 20% off store wide. You guys are quite the detectives in this type of thing... Before I do this (I want to purchase about $350 in merchandise that day) I wanted to run it by my people (as DH refers to you all ;) )

It says "A Musician's Friend Gift Certificate is the no-guesswork gift that'll please every musician on your list. Plus, for 3 days only you save 10%, the gift recipient gets the full value!

Whether you choose an electronic or traditional paper Gift Certificate, you'll save 10% on every one you order between Wednesday, November 26 and 11:59 p.m. Friday, November 28, 2008. Just enter Coupon Code CR10 on the Secure Checkout page to bag your savings. It's like getting free money!"

www.musiciansfriend.com but they don't discuss it on the website anywhere I have noticed.

"A Musician's Friend Gift Certificate is the no-guesswork gift that'll please every musician on your list. Plus, for 3 days only you save 20%, the gift recipient gets the full value!

Whether you choose an electronic or traditional paper Gift Certificate, you'll save 20% on every one you order between Wednesday, November 26 and 11:59 p.m. Friday, November 28, 2008. Just enter Coupon Code CR20 on the Secure Checkout page to bag your savings. It's like getting free money!"

That's the email I got. I wonder why some people got 10% and some 20%.

Oh hot diggity!!! Can you see any reason why it wouldn't work to buy the gift cards at 20% off and then use them to buy merchandise for the 20% off on Friday? I would order them as ecertificates so I got the code in time... Even better, hubby first wanted $700 worth of merchandise and now I have him cut down to $350... This will really help bring that down to a level that I don't mind!

I think I will do this in the morning (want to be 100% sure with DH he is getting this from there) If I can't use them on BF, the sale then is to be 20% off and the gift card is 20% off, so I am not out anything. If it works, than happy dance for me!!! Honestly though, I am still so SUPER excited I was able to talk him into re-searching for an amp... that move alone saved $350! I called the store as their hours state they are open until 11pm PT but they are closed (not surprised) and they said they will open at 8am PT "the day after the holiday" Is that Thanksgiving then? (the holiday) It was weird how they wouldn't say a day, just the day after the holiday... I am half tempted to try CR30 to see if I get 30% off though first! LOL Been around the Kohls codes too long!

Ugggg, I tried it too and it says code is invalid or expired!!! I put in $300 so it wasn't that your amount was too small. I tried live chat JIC, but it was off. I am going to try again tomorrow and on Friday they should have customer service available on Friday and that is the day it SHOULD be on sale too... But I am very frustrated!

Ok, sleep helped clear the fog of my mind here... When you make your order it will ask for the Promo Code and when you put this in it says it isn't correct... that is because this is a Coupon Code not a Promo Code. Go to the next step, enter all of your name, address, etc... info and THEN it will ask for a Coupon Code and you can put in CR20 (CR30 doesn't work... but it was worth a shot!) and it takes the 20% off, it does this before you enter your CC info. WooHoo! I ordered it but it has not (in the 5 minutes since I ordered it) came through. I am crossing my fingers! It did say that the total was $300 and I was billed $240 (minus the 20%) so this worked for that at least... I wanted to give it time to go through before tomorrow. There was a generic statement that said some things may take 24 hours to process... We are heading out for turkey time now but will update when I return tonight.

I didn't get a 20% off, but if you CALL them and say you received an email that said to check prices with code MFBF they will give you a different price... ours was 12% off on the amp. Frustrated as DH just ordered without looking into this at all... but am going to try to price adjust.

Yeah, I got the email very early this morning. I called them and they offered 12% off the item we're looking at, but because I purchased the E-certificate, they couldn't work together. :gdparanoid: So, the CSR talked to someone and said she was going to forward my info to the tech dept. to see if the E-Cert could be changed over to house/acct credit so that I could call back on Monday (end of BF promotion) and order over the phone. Worst case, they can't change it to acct credit and I'll just have to order it online w/out the BF discount. Really hope they get it fixed...I want the extra 12% off!

Dh had ordered already (I sent the eCertificate to his email address so it looked like it was a gift) I had him call and say he had this coupon code now and they price adjusted it, crediting him approx $40. They say all over their site We Will Not Be Undersold and give 45 days for price adjusting. The gift certificate is NOT a coupon. I would be livid if that was not followed through on, you can't put limits on gift cards as they are gifts given to someone... I am going to be sure to check on this to see if the credit was processed.