People Already In Line - Post Your Reports

bigjimslade

I think a lot of people don't have access to the deals we find on here too (silly people!!! They need to join) so these sales seem better to them than they do to us.

I tend to agree with you...these deals seem not great to US because we are constantly seeking out deals during the year/codes to knock those deals down even more, etc...most people don't put in that kind of shopping effort ;) Everytime i'm out getting one of our "deals" I run into the person behind me in line who wonders how the heck I just paid what I did...so maybe the BF ads look much better to others??? lol

Miss Thanksgiving for a sale???? I just don't get it

Well I mentioned before I can understand the college kids with nowhere to go and not wanting to be stuck on campus or go to a RA (Resident Adviser) meeting.

I don't celebrate USA Thanksgiving, as my Turkey Day was last month. Not saying I would even think about going out that early (4am for me!) but there are those who don't care much about American Thanksgiving.

Yes I think being out there that early is silly and especially since there is no great deal worth waiting for as you can get it later on in the year (from browsing this site!) for a similar price.

It is just a matter of opinion and we are all entitled to ours.

There is no one in line here yet, but it is 33 degrees and supposed to get colder. I was thinking about how I would definately NOT want to be out right now!!! But I was in picking up something at Site to Store at WM tonight and could see tons of bikes hanging from the ceiling, sweatshirts, winter coats (HUNDREDS of them) etc... packed tight in the back room. No maps available yet, no real information I could get out of them.

In line at BB since 11:45 this morning. Me and three buds. Got a nice setup in our 12x12 canopy tent enclosed with HDTV (19" Dynex), 5.1 surround. We are watching Plains, Trains, and Automobiles - appropriate! Have our heaters going and even a ceiling fan to keep the heat back down on us. Our BB manager is a great guy and has been very informative. No secret deals, but we came for what was already in the ad anyway.

About 5-6 people behind us.

Have fun all.

In line at BB since 11:45 this morning. Me and three buds. Got a nice setup in our 12x12 canopy tent enclosed with HDTV (19" Dynex), 5.1 surround. We are watching Plains, Trains, and Automobiles - appropriate! Have our heaters going and even a ceiling fan to keep the heat back down on us. Our BB manager is a great guy and has been very informative. No secret deals, but we came for what was already in the ad anyway.

Have fun all.

You guys rocks.PTA is my husbands favorite movie.Hope yall score what ya came for.I live for this time of year.Its all about having fun.

Have fun all.

Cool set-up! Sounds like you guys are having a great time! Good luck getting all are waiting for. Keep us posted!:yup:

We went this evening to check out some of the items I wanted at Walmart. Quality and sizing and such.

Anyhow, nobody in line at our Walmart or mall which has BB. I'm in a suburb of Buffalo, NY. Though it's in the 30's here and there is a lake effect snow warning for tonight and tomorrow in this area, so that might have an effect. Last year was dry and in the 40's and by 2 am BF there was 1000+ in line at BB.

heres a new story with several ppl already at BB yesterday

Also if you scroll down to more info box watch the video "black friday shoppers" its pretty cool...I never knew that BB give the 1st person in line a $50 GC AWSOME anyone else ever got one? I know its only certain stores im sure.

http://www.baynews9.com/content/36/2008/11/25/407570.html?title=Shoppers%20already%20getting%20in%20line%20for%20Black%20Friday%20deals

I do look forward to the good buys on BF but there is no way you would find me waiting for day's. I have other things in life that come first and I have to take care of those. I will start at 4am this year and not a minute earlier. I want to enjoy my Thanksgiving and I hope that you all Have a Great Thanksgiving As Well :)

A guy I work with and his girlfriend each took a vacation week this week from their jobs to stand in line at our local BB, they are making use of her dads camper and have been living in that in the parking lot and have planned to take a place in line the moment one starts to form. All week they have been getting by on gas station food from a thortons station a block away, his parents and hers will be bringing them thanksgiving dinner this evening.

I tip my cap to them, too much for me, but they seemed to be having fun when I went by their set up on Tuesday in the parking lot. At least the temp here in central illinois is not as bad as years past - will be about 43 degrees tonight. I'll be at the springfield 24 hour walmart around 3:30 am on black friday.

Had to go get a newspaper and sugar, so I decided to drive by our Best Buy.

There was about 3 tents, and approx 10 people. I asked what time they arrived, and supposedly this morning. I did spout out about GottaDeal too of course. :D

forgot to say, this was in Cedar Rapids, iowa Best Buy

Edited by noehlp

what does Best Buy got that people are in line right now for? Their are no good tv or laptops deals.

Nothing for most of us. But perhaps there's something that a few folks feel the need to get. I'm not even going to BB this year. Very bad ad. I'm hitting Micheals, then Lowes, and finally Costco. I'll be out by 5:30 and home by 10. Finally going to get some sleep this year.