*** Newegg.com Black Friday Sale (NOW - 11/28)

Marcster

i was getting a haircut around 515pm ET and i realized the line was going to be really long, so i called my gf who was at home and told her to log onto my newegg account ( i had placed the monitor i wanted in my shopping cart last night at full price). she logged on and told me that the correct price ($99 for the 19" Acer) was already showing in my cart. i told her to buy it since i wasnt sure what time i would get home.. im glad with my purchase. it looks (at least on the specs) to be better than the similar LCD on sale @ best buy

I'm getting the Asus one. Slightly less contrast than the one you got and more expensive pre-rebate, but it has a DVI input.

Marcster, how often do they have good deals on monitors? I am very tempted to get the Acer for my parents for Christmas (or my dad's birthday) sicne they are using an old 15" LCD of mine...

It is very, very tempting but I also have a couple other things that I am looking at at some of the places on Friday.

Thos HDMi cables are also tempting me, but with no HDTV (yet...) I will probably hold off.

Alsoo might have looked over it, but where there any media card readers on sale? I need one, and cheap is always good.

Marcster, how often do they have good deals on monitors? I am very tempted to get the Acer for my parents for Christmas (or my dad's birthday) sicne they are using an old 15" LCD of mine...

It is very, very tempting but I also have a couple other things that I am looking at at some of the places on Friday.

Thos HDMi cables are also tempting me, but with no HDTV (yet...) I will probably hold off.

Alsoo might have looked over it, but where there any media card readers on sale? I need one, and cheap is always good.

They have monitors on sale every week -- sign up for their e-mail newsletter. 22" is the new "sweet spot" for pricing.

I haven't found any media card reader sales... www.meritline.com and www.supermediastore.com practically specialize in those things though.

Yeah, I signed up for the email thing a few days ago. A 22" won' fit where they have their computer so 19" is the max (measured that this afternoon). I LOVE my 22" though and it just fits in my desk, got about 1/2'' to either side of it.

I will check out those sites for a media card reader. When i had got my computer I forgot to add one and have been regretting it. Makes it hard to use an SD card in my phone if I can' put any info on it.

i just saw the asus one...my home pc doesnt have hdmi or dvi, so i dont have any (current) need for that. i guess sometime down the line it would be useful, but then again i have a really bad track record when it comes to rebates.. knowing me i'd forget to do it :tongue1:

Yeah, I signed up for the email thing a few days ago. A 22" won' fit where they have their computer so 19" is the max (measured that this afternoon). I LOVE my 22" though and it just fits in my desk, got about 1/2'' to either side of it.

I will check out those sites for a media card reader. When i had got my computer I forgot to add one and have been regretting it. Makes it hard to use an SD card in my phone if I can' put any info on it.

Oh, an internal one?

I have an older edition of this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820223109

Doesn't ahve to be internal. Wouldn't be hard to install or anything if that is what I decide on getting.

It just makes it a little harder when i have to get a refund on my tuiton from school since I had to pay it out of pocket this semester because my scholarship didn't get "processed in time" so I have to wait 2-3 more weeks to get a nice check back from the school... Even though ti was suppopsed to be here a week ago and it would ahve allowed me to get ALL my shopping done for Christmas basically this weekend minus any online deals the next month.