Sandisk sansa fuze 4gb mp3 player @ Dell

bopen

Dell Direct

SANDISK® SANSA® FUZE™ 4GB* MP3 PLAYER Save $30

Watch your favorite video clips on the 1.9" color screen, jam to FM radio with 40 preset stations, play with the built-in voice recorder, and share your photos wherever you go.

$69.99 shipped

after $30 off instantly

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/products/All_MP3_Players/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=dhs&cs=19&sku=A1702660&dgc=EM&cid=38213&lid=940755

Question I want to get my 7 year old son an MP3 player.. Does anyone know the difference bwn this one and the one thats a 2GB from JCPenny for $39.99? I dont know how to post links but if you go to the JCPenny site and then search for New! 2GB MP3 Video it will come up. Thanks in advance!

Question I want to get my 7 year old son an MP3 player.. Does anyone know the difference bwn this one and the one thats a 2GB from JCPenny for $39.99? I dont know how to post links but if you go to the JCPenny site and then search for New! 2GB MP3 Video it will come up. Thanks in advance!

The one at JC Penney is a no-name MP3 player of questionable quality, complete with questionable battery life. Try to stick with a real name brand: Apple, Microsoft, Creative, Sansa, etc.

Here's the link on JCP's site:

http://www4.jcpenney.com/jcp/X6.aspx?ItemID=14bea28&ItemTyp=C&GrpTyp=PRD&ShowMenu=T&ShopBy=0&SearchString=2GB+mp3&RefPage=SearchDepartment.aspx&s4PageSize=15&CmCatId=searchresults&Search1Prod=True

I've been thrilled with my Sansa - had it 9 months so far.

Thanks for the link... so you wouldnt get the JCPenny one for a 7 year old? I am looking at this one for myself but dont know if I want to spend so much for a 7 year old who might get tired of it. Also JCPenny has some Ipod speakers for under $10.00 wondering if they work with the above or just Ipod?

Thanks for the link... so you wouldnt get the JCPenny one for a 7 year old? I am looking at this one for myself but dont know if I want to spend so much for a 7 year old who might get tired of it. Also JCPenny has some Ipod speakers for under $10.00 wondering if they work with the above or just Ipod?

In the $40 range, I'd rather see you go with a real name-brand. It's a shame you didn't get in on the Creative ZEN 2gb MP3 player for $15. That was an incredible buy.

Here's a Philips 2GB MP3 player with video:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16855503021

$44.99 shipped. It even plays .wmv video.

And don't ever think that your kid would "get tired of it". Think about it this way, when you were growing up, did you get tired of your Sony Diskman/Walkman? Probably not.

Ipod-specific speakers have connections that are only found on certain Ipods. They would not be compatible with just any ol' MP3 player.

You need to find portable speakers that connect to a 3.5mm headphone jack -- preferably powered either by electricity or batteries.

Ack that makes me want to cry. Do you think they will have it in stock again for that price? The other one from JCPennys is $19.99. Ahhhh

I doubt they'll get it again...

Do you have to have video? Strictly music-only MP3 players are less expensive.

The JCP player shows as $39.99 for me, not $19.99.

I think he just wants to listen to music.. he made me dl alvin and the chipmunks on my ipod and he is always taking mine and now wants the Madagascar 2 soundtrack on there lol. Did you see the one for 19.99 at JCP?

Oh, since the Fuze is an MP3/Video player, I assumed you were looking at the $39.99 one over at JCP with video playback capability.

Here is the one you are looking at: http://www4.jcpenney.com/jcp/X6.aspx?ItemID=14bea2c&ItemTyp=C&GrpTyp=PRD&ShowMenu=T&ShopBy=0&SearchString=mp3&RefPage=SearchDepartment.aspx&s4PageSize=15&CmCatId=searchresults&Search1Prod=True

It's still a no-name 1GB player.

I'd really recommend the 1GB Sansa Clip over at Amazon for $33.37 shipped:

http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Sansa-Clip-Player-Black/dp/B000VIHFZ4/ref=pd_bbs_sr_3?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1227562896&sr=8-3

I have the 4GB version of the Sansa Clip. The sound quality is terrific, long battery life, fully compatible with Windows Media Player. You can't go wrong.

The clip also has a built-in audio recorder (might be fun!) and an FM radio tuner. It even has a graphic equalizer.

And the built-in clip on the Sansa Clip means that you don't need to buy a case for it. Just clip it to a pocket or belt.

The Clip is so popular, they're coming out with a new 8GB version.

Review: http://www.anythingbutipod.com/archives/2007/10/sandisk-sansa-clip-review.php

Marcster would you recomend the phillips mp3 player thats for 44.99 for a 13 year old boy? I'm looking for a great mp3 player that plays videos as well for his christmas gift. This will be his first Mp3 Please help as I know nothing about these gadgets. Hey remember the 8-track player???? totally awesome

Marcster would you recomend the phillips mp3 player thats for 44.99 for a 13 year old boy? I'm looking for a great mp3 player that plays videos as well for his christmas gift. This will be his first Mp3 Please help as I know nothing about these gadgets. Hey remember the 8-track player???? totally awesome

If you need the ability to play videos than I'd recommend the Phillips over that no-name one at JCPenneys (see my post from earlier this afternoon).

However, if you can get to a RadioShack on Black Friday then the Sansa Fuze is a better bet for basically the same money.

I wanted the 4gb at Radio Shack, but I see that toys r us will have the 8gb fuze for $64.99. If I can get it I think I will get the 8gb one. It is 50% off from 5 to 1 that day. It does have a sku number, so if I am lucky maybe I can get it online.