Do you think there will be a $199 Desktop DoorBuster?

Arley23

Our BB manager has talked to us a few times since we lined up. The cheapest laptop is the $349 deal. Cheapest desktop is the $299 deal. He said he will be offering some other Geeked-Up laptops he is looking to clear out - not sub-$300 deals, but higher end laptops at great prices.

He also said there would not be alot of ticketed items as they have plenty of inventory. For example, they have 65 of the 32" Dynex TVs.

Well, we are sitting here watching Plains, Trains, and Automobiles. Happy Thanksgiving!

Doesn't surprise me. I was at a local BB tonight doing recon, and I saw about the same amount of the Dynex TVs, but I did count about 125 of the 32" Samsung models, as well as about 100 Samsung Blu-ray players. Tons of laptops too, but all were the ones in the ad. I know the GM there, and he wouldn't confirm any "secret" sales.

Also, they had a pallet of about 50 Wii's out for sale, and they were already going quick. As of 10pm, no one in line at this BB or one about 5 miles away.

They also had a disclaimer note in the window about the $279 laptop mistake from earlier. Makes me believe what we see is what we get in the ad. This sucks. I will be there however to get the Sony 7.1 receiver for $199 and some $9.99 Wii games.

wait so there will be no 279 hp laptop? but instead it is in fact 349?

or there will be a 279? i was looking forward to get it too. what about the toshiba for 229? is that true?

Like I said, I can't confirm or deny it. I'm just going on what I saw and what I was told. This BB stages their laptops behind the main counter, and the Toshiba's in the ad were there, but no others. The HP was also there. No Sony's or other ones, which leads me to believe there won't be any sub $300 laptops. Now, I may be wrong, but this is what I saw. I went there for this purpose, to check things out.

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but what we see is what we get. I was talking to the manager of our local doing recon and meet and greet and got the skinny.

There is no netbook, 299 lappy or 199 desktop.

The $350 HP is $350. The mix up with $279 was a big technical goof that probably got someone fired. It read '$279 in savings' so the absent minded data entry geek put $279 as the sale price instead of $350.

Good news? I saw stacks and stacks of the doorbuster computers.

Happy Hunting!

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but what we see is what we get. I was talking to the manager of our local doing recon and meet and greet and got the skinny.

The $350 HP is $350. The mix up with $279 was a big technical goof that probably got someone fired. It read '$279 in savings' so the absent minded data entry geek put $279 as the sale price instead of $350.

Happy Hunting!

maybe the manager is just messing with you?!?!

I've been to two different Best Buy stores tonight and all the managers told me the same thing, "there will be no secret sale." After 7:00 PM, I noticed many employees stopped stocking and went home. Also, I called the Best Buy corporate three times, and they all told me the same thing, "no secret sale." I got tired, packed up, and went home. Whatever you see on the ad is what you get. Looks like we can all stay home for Thanksgiving after Best Buy officially stopped offering their famous eMachines Celeron desktop and Toshiba Celeron laptop special for the first time ever after 5 glorified consecutive years. Edited by cireafan

any updates on these 3 doorbusters? TazErase: can you share the model numbers that you got?

I am still debating whether i want to go out and wait outside best buy this year. if these 3 doorbusters do exist, I will definitely go. but if not, there really isnt' anything that great that would warrant me sitting outside freezing my ass off for 20 hours.

Do you think the $480 laptop package is profitable? (i.e. can i sell it on ebay for over $500)

What about these 3 doorbusters? Last year there was a $400 laptop that sucked, (or maybe it was $300 i don't remember) and then there was a $500 vaio that was an amazing deal.

Is the $229 laptop just a netbook? Don't those retail about 200-300 anyway? I assume the $299 vaio is probably at least a $600 or $700 value, but i doubt you save that much on the $229 one.

Does anyone have any information on these?

thanks

any updates on these 3 doorbusters? TazErase: can you share the model numbers that you got?

I am still debating whether i want to go out and wait outside best buy this year. if these 3 doorbusters do exist, I will definitely go. but if not, there really isnt' anything that great that would warrant me sitting outside freezing my ass off for 20 hours.

Do you think the $480 laptop package is profitable? (i.e. can i sell it on ebay for over $500)

What about these 3 doorbusters? Last year there was a $400 laptop that sucked, (or maybe it was $300 i don't remember) and then there was a $500 vaio that was an amazing deal.

Is the $229 laptop just a netbook? Don't those retail about 200-300 anyway? I assume the $299 vaio is probably at least a $600 or $700 value, but i doubt you save that much on the $229 one.

Does anyone have any information on these?

thanks

I'm already on line. Just stopped off the see what additional items were added. I am still holding out hope that my source was correct on those other 3 doorbusters. I'm getting concerned now that I don't see them and believe me I will not be a happy camper (literally camping out at BB) if my source proves to be wrong. Personally without those items I would rather be at home sleeping not waiting for a sale that won't be coming. Just stopped in to go to the bathroom quick and get back on line.

The $229 laptop was supposed to be a Toshiba laptop not a netbook.

The $480 laptop is my main reason (besides the other 3 doorbusters I am going to check to find out what happened with my "reliable" source). I am standing in line for 30 hours waiting for the $480 package, if I'm willing to do that I would gladly pay more for it if I could stay home in bed and I would have paid up to about $600, maybe more for that package to stay home in bed. Quite a bit to lay out to make $100 or so. Personally I wouldn't bother. I want it for myself, and even better now that I see it has a built in webcam. Also I plan to get the $299 eMachines, and still hoping for the $199 package.

Looks to me that if there is no secret sale (besides having to get arrested for attacking a friend I thought I could rely on) it is because Circuit City isn't much competition this year. This year may go down officially as one of the worst Best Buy (for that matter all retailers) worst BF ads.

I am not giving up hope yet because my friend has been a very reliable source in the past. Maybe they will add more later in the day. I'm counting on it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by chimeralife

Happy Hunting!

I confirmed these deals with my local BB and he said there would be secret items added including the $229 laptop. Maybe they are waiting until later today so they don't have as long a line until they announce it, then everyone will go out at 8PM or whatever time they post it rather than camp out immediately after they post it Thursday morning. That is my only solution to why they aren't showing up yet.

Quote:

Originally Posted by chimeralife

Happy Hunting!

I confirmed these deals with my local BB and he said there would be secret items added including the $229 laptop. Maybe they are waiting until later today so they don't have as long a line until they announce it, then everyone will go out at 8PM or whatever time they post it rather than camp out immediately after they post it Thursday morning. That is my only solution to why they aren't showing up yet.

Taz....you have kept the hope in this for me but honestly I don't think they will have anymore "secret sales." The idea behind Black Friday is to bring as many people as possible into their stores, even if they are breaking even or at a loss. It would make almost zero sense to release these at the last moment. I mean, who's going to be eathing Thanksgiving Dinner with their family and constantly checking online to see if there are "extra" deals?? Not very many people would benefit from this because no one would know. Plus, if they kept these deals quiet for as long as they have and they are indeed true....we need hire best buy employees into the CIA.... :eyepoppin

Well just got arrested by security for trespassing on mall property and they don't want me back until 1AM Friday morning. According to them they have never let anyone get on line until that time...... I guess he doesn't remember the last 4 years I've been among the first on line at that exact location!!!!!! Total B.S. but it looks like I won't be getting anything in Best Buy this year :-(

so does that mean you are going to go back up there?

By my estimate this security guy will probably go off shift sometime between 6 and 10am. They can't have him work 24hrs straight. I am going to get some sleep and head back later on. I am not sure what these other 2 packages are, but they are being kept super-secret even from the employees. My guess is it's the $229 laptop and either the $199 desktop or $299 Sony. This is based on previous information I had and had confirmed only that there will be more by an independant source not associated with my original source.

By my estimate this security guy will probably go off shift sometime between 6 and 10am. They can't have him work 24hrs straight. I am going to get some sleep and head back later on. I am not sure what these other 2 packages are, but they are being kept super-secret even from the employees. My guess is it's the $229 laptop and either the $199 desktop or $299 Sony. This is based on previous information I had and had confirmed only that there will be more by an independant source not associated with my original source.

Good luck! I will not be going to Best Buy. I have a hard time standing in line for a maybe deal, so I am going to go to Walmart and some of the smaller shops that I am interested in. I got the 298 laptop deal from walmart.

Wil these be posted online as a doorbuster or you just get in line and get surprised w/ them?

I wish I knew the answer to that question. I would expect they will have a commercial later tonight or announce it on their site, but by then I'll probably be back in line. The idea is to get people into the store, I don't think they will just surprise people with it that are already on line. They will have to announce it, and in a big way. Keep checking the home page on gottadeal, they are usually the first to announce any changes and are very on top of any Black Friday sales.