Do you think there will be a $199 Desktop DoorBuster?

Arley23

Just got back from Best Buy. I actually mentioned it to one of the workers as though it was a known fact and he couldn't come straight out and say for sure, but he hinted that there will be. They know based on what they have gotn into stock and been told not to put it on the floor and put it in the stock room.

thanks so much TazErase i appreciate it but do you think I should wait in line at 2 p.m or at 4 p.m also do you have any tips for a 15 year old who is gonna go for the first time?

First of all to make sure you will be able to get the tickets. They usually won't give it to anyone under 18, unless you look older. I have never seen them check IDs but I heard some places they will ask.

Make sure you have friends with you. It gets very lonely although it is very easy to make friends on the line as well. I have made new friends every year.

Being only 15 try holding your spot but don't get into a fight if somene tries cutting. That's where having friends with you and making new friends comes in handy. The only worse than not getting the item you want is to not get the item and wake up in a hospital. Not sure how bad it is where you are. It's not like that here but some big cities are. I used to live in the city and there were some real @$$holes that though if they are bigger and they are in front of you, that is nowtheir position in line.

If it gets cold, dress warm. I usually have thermals, pants, a shirt, a heavy sweatshirt, a jacket, and a blanket and gloves. I also just bought a portable heater. This is supposed to be one of the coldest BFs in a while. Also bring a chair, coffee, something to keep you occupied, snacks, and scout out where the nearest restroom you can use is located. Any money keep close and on you at all times.

Not too much more to tell. If you were older there would be less concerns but being only 15 you have to be a little more careful that you aren't pushed out of the way. Once you do it you will get addicted and probably do it every year, arriving earlier each time, lol. I started out years ago going at 5AM Friday, now it has been pushed back to 7AM Thursday. I might ev go after the online sales finish at about 12:30AM Thursday. I am addicted to being the first on line and won't be happy if I'm the second, lol.

yourll have to get there a lot earlier then that man try 7-8am if your lucky...

All depends on where you are located. Last year the line here didn't start until 12:30PM, the year before that was 3:30PM. I expect this year to be earlier also due to the economy. I expect the line to be shorter, but more people to show up early to get the good deals.

I live in the South Side of Chicago but last year I went to my local Best Buy at 12:30 at night and there was like 80 people at line It was really disappointing but I'm hoping to go this year man it sucks because it going to be 28 degrees with possible snow flurries but I think the experience is going to be fun.

Yup same here. Usually I though it out but this year my wife is going with me so I bought a portable heater. A high of 42 low of 28 last time I checked. There will be times you will question what you are doing on line freezing, but in the end you get what you came for and then you will be looking forward to it again next year. I've been doing this for about 12 years now and each year it gets earlier and I prepare better. This year is the ft for a heater. In the past I'd either freeze or warm up in the car.

12:30 ONLY 80 people on line? Must have been a slow night. I going to one of the slower stores and by 12:30 there are at least 300 usually or more. By the time it opens there are about 3000 people. The line stretches all the way past the Target store, which by the time we get in usually only has about 10 people or so, lol. When they let us into the mall the line stretches from Best Buy on the one side all the way to the other end of the mall and almost all the way back. By that time the line is often 5 wide stretching through the whole mall.

i will be out at about 7 pm weds night to be first in line. i would say anywhere from 6-9 am thurs morning would put you in posisiton to get the doorbusters u want

Gets earlier every year by about 3 hours. I plan to beat last years time by about 5 1/2 hours and get on line by 7AM. I don't expect company to join me until at least 10AM and the top doorbusters will be gone by about 1:30PM this year if everyone comes earlier than they did last year. Last year I arrived later than I wanted (3:30PM) and got the $229 laptop and was #19 on line.

I never had a problem with my kids getting tickets. Last year my 9 yr old daughter saved up her allowance all year and bought a $229 laptop.

I just called 888-Best-Buy and talked to a supervisor. They said if my 2 yr old wanted a ticket for an item he could get it as long as he could tell the sales person what he wanted. Hope this helps.

I never had a problem with my kids getting tickets. Last year my 9 yr old daughter saved up her allowance all year and bought a $229 laptop.

I just called 888-Best-Buy and talked to a supervisor. They said if my 2 yr old wanted a ticket for an item he could get it as long as he could tell the sales person what he wanted. Hope this helps.

I'll call to ask but now the ads say "1 per household" now so they may not allow it any way. I doubt they will check IDs but under those rules they could actually stop my wife from getting the same item as me as well. I will call them though an find out. Our group is already planning to get 5 of the $229 laptops. If they allow that my sister wants to get one for her son and daughter, and I would like to replace both of my desktops with the $229 laptop and I plan to get the $479 laptop for myself to replace my desktop. Laptops take much less space and have better wireless internet than the Belkin wireless internet adapter. The laptops works anywherin the house, the Belkin adapter sometimes fails even 5 feet from the wireless network router.

I'll call to ask but now the ads say "1 per household" now so they may not allow it any way. I doubt they will check IDs but under those rules they could actually stop my wife from getting the same item as me as well. I will call them though an find out. Our group is already planning to get 5 of the $229 laptops. If they allow that my sister wants to get one for her son and daughter, and I would like to replace both of my desktops with the $229 laptop and I plan to get the $479 laptop for myself to replace my desktop. Laptops take much less space and have better wireless internet than the Belkin wireless internet adapter. The laptops works anywherin the house, the Belkin adapter sometimes fails even 5 feet from the wireless network router.

True that. The "one per household" limit stops my kids from getting them (unless I disown them :D ). I have heard of a one-per-credit-card limit, too. never had a problem with that one, though.

Last year I bought BB gift cards and each of my teenagers had one to get what we all wanted. And then when they checked out they asked if they could just pay for it altogether and the clerk didn't have a problem. (I had to leave to pay for what my other daughter had waited for at another store, one of the reasons I gave them the gift cards in the first place.) Two years ago we got three of the HP's and they let us buy them all at once. No one has ever checked my ID for more than paying purposes.

The clerks don't care. They just want to check out the 2000 crazed shoppers as quickly as possible. As long as you are quiet and draw no attention to yourself you are gold.

ps-they have always said one per household I believe. Oh, and every bit of what we have bought is tagged with my reward card. So teh addage is as true here as anywhere:

it is easier to ask for forgiveness then beg for permission

Edited by chimeralife
another thought

True that. The "one per household" limit stops my kids from getting them (unless I disown them :D ). I have heard of a one-per-credit-card limit, too. never had a problem with that one, though.

The manager at where I go said he doesn't care about the 1 per household and will give it to whoever is first on line. Also as far as ages he said the rule is 18 to get a ticket but he usually will allow 16 if they have the cash for it. I asked if my 10 year old could get one since she's been saving her own money for it and he said he would check but that if she has the cash she will be given a ticket unless he's told there is an age limit.

:confused:Which laptop is $229?

just a heads up guys, i went to my local bustbuy today, to see if i could get any information, I was not able to get ANY info, but i noticed they had gotten a shipment in, and it was out on the floor, able to be seen, there was approx 15 emachine lcd monitors....

dont remember any emachines in the add... do you?

so im geussing thats part of the 200.00 desktop

TazErase has told me that a worker from best buy has told him that there WILL be a $199 desktop but could not give out the brand name but we will find out tomorrow at 10:00 p.m eastern!

eMachines for $199.

From what I have been told 3 of the secret items are $199 desktop, $229 laptop (Toshiba), and $299 (Sony). Let's hope my info is correct as it usually has been in the past. I'm 99% sure about the Toshiba for $229 though since I was given the model number as well.

eMachines for $199.

From what I have been told 3 of the secret items are $199 desktop, $229 laptop (Toshiba), and $299 (Sony). Let's hope my info is correct as it usually has been in the past. I'm 99% sure about the Toshiba for $229 though since I was given the model number as well.

Taz.... Are those for online only or instores only or both??

taz, whats the model number on the 229.00 lap top? do you have it on the sony and the desktop too? I got the VIP thing to do, and this is exactly what i was going to do, get the two toshibas on the front page as well as the emachine, this would be great, i'll have the extra to get my sons ghwt!

thanks in advance!

ok so I'm kinda doubting the secret sale right now. I remember last year they teased us with it. There were banners online to check back for more blablabla. This year nada. Nothing in the flier to check for more deals online that will be in the store. No type of advertisment to tip people off. Anyone else concerned?

Well the local TV reporter said BB had a $300 laptop on the news. I trust he is telling the truth.

As far as

and by 12:30 there are at least 300 usually or more

Where in the blue hell are you shopping? You need to find a different place to shop! Out here the lines are nowhere near as long. 200 people was the most in line last year.

Well the local TV reporter said BB had a $300 laptop on the news. I trust he is telling the truth.

As far as

Where in the blue hell are you shopping? You need to find a different place to shop! Out here the lines are nowhere near as long. 200 people was the most in line last year.

$379 could be the one he was reffering to or the $350 one

Our BB manager has talked to us a few times since we lined up. The cheapest laptop is the $349 deal. Cheapest desktop is the $299 deal. He said he will be offering some other Geeked-Up laptops he is looking to clear out - not sub-$300 deals, but higher end laptops at great prices.

He also said there would not be alot of ticketed items as they have plenty of inventory. For example, they have 65 of the 32" Dynex TVs.

Well, we are sitting here watching Plains, Trains, and Automobiles. Happy Thanksgiving!

Our BB manager has talked to us a few times since we lined up. The cheapest laptop is the $349 deal. Cheapest desktop is the $299 deal. He said he will be offering some other Geeked-Up laptops he is looking to clear out - not sub-$300 deals, but higher end laptops at great prices.

He also said there would not be alot of ticketed items as they have plenty of inventory. For example, they have 65 of the 32" Dynex TVs.

Well, we are sitting here watching Plains, Trains, and Automobiles. Happy Thanksgiving!

ugh that wouldn't surprise me. The lack of hints leaks nada makes me think our hopes might have been raised for nothing. Come on Best Buy you can't do this to us