best buy ipod touch 8g

loves30

ya my son has had a few of the ipods.. and the last one got stollen so this is what he is getting along with his guitar.. he said they are really cool. he did not wont hte one online tho. so i was happy . lol now my neice sent me her list . i do my brothers shopping for him. hes a single dad . and i was like uhhggg. as his money is not there this yr. grrr so now i have ot figure out how to get her that and rock band 2 . jeans and two movies she asked for ohh and the voyager . dont think she will get them all . but we will try to do something for her. he adopted her 3 years ago . she was living on the streets with her mom and her mom just signed her over to my brother. mind u we did not know them at all. they lived down the road in a trailer park. he new her threw her friend and her mom and dad were friends of my brother .. sorry im rambling .

just saw in the flyer for 4 days only the 8 gb ipod touch is going to be 199.99 only ten per store. i need one of these for my neice now. uhhgg and im going ot go in and get a adjustment on the one i got two wks ago. if i can

Macmall has them for that right now with free engraving and charger (ac).

Walmart has the 8gig gen1 touch for $188 in the clearance section online.

---------------

Best Buy made a MISTAKE online which is STILL THERE.

Go to BestBuy website

Click on "Weekly Ad"

Type in your zip code if asked

Type "iPod Touch" in the search

It will pull up 4 iPods advertised. The first and last one show as 2generation. First one is listed at $199 (8gig), fourth one is listed as $249 for 16gig. Both are shown as 2gen including the sku number. Apparently it was a mistake, once you click on it.. it tries to add a 1st gen.

I contacted best buy on the phone (Need help? We're available 24/7 at 1-888-BEST BUY (1-888-237-8289) I walked the associate through exactly how I found the ipods, she had the sale approved by a supervisor, i paid over the phone with her and picked up my two ipod touch at my local BestBuy 30 minutes later. Bottom line is.. its posted online and advertised, they have to sell it to you. I just checked and the ipods STILL SHOW.

Happy Shopping, you can save cash!

you could also consider a refurbished touch from apple. They have brand new case and have exact same warranty as a new one. I have purchased the refurbished nano before with no problems.

I bought the 8g touch for 179.00 and free ship. Looks like they're oos now but here is the link for the 16g for 219.00 regular price 399.00.

http://store.apple.com/us/product/FA623LL/B?mco=MjE0NTU0MQ

hmm, can't seem to get the direct link but just type refurbished in the search box and then click onApple Certified Refurbished iPod Models

Edited by chwk

Make sure you follow this exactly to find it..

Best Buy made a MISTAKE online which is STILL THERE.

Go to BestBuy website

Click on "Weekly Ad"

Type in your zip code if asked

Type "iPod Touch" in the search

It will pull up 4 iPods advertised. The first and last one show as 2generation. First one is listed at $199 (8gig), fourth one is listed as $249 for 16gig. Both are shown as 2gen including the sku number. Apparently it was a mistake, once you click on it.. it tries to add a 1st gen.

I contacted best buy on the phone (Need help? We're available 24/7 at 1-888-BEST BUY (1-888-237-8289) I walked the associate through exactly how I found the ipods, she had the sale approved by a supervisor, i paid over the phone with her and picked up my two ipod touch at my local BestBuy 30 minutes later. Bottom line is.. its posted online and advertised, they have to sell it to you. I just checked and the ipods STILL SHOW.

(PS. The Ipod touch on apple is a 1st generation refurbished, i couldnt find 2nd gen when i was looking there)

Can you download to the ipod touch, because I want to get one for my son but I heard you cant download anything thats not from apple?

You are only "allowed" to add apps and other files from iTunes(includes using Safari to download pdfs), all apps have to be apple certified and the majority of them are $1-2 and there's a lot free user made ones. Technically you can jailbreak your iPod touch, allowing you to add apps for free and use foreign apps. It voids your warranty but easy to restore if you get an error HINT: Restore Button. I did it on my iPod Touch gen 1 worked out nicely but currently there's no way to jailbreak the Gen 2 ipod touch with 2.x upgrade pack(which most come with)