How fast will the computer chair sell out?

The End

I’m talking about the one on the front page of the flyer (page two of the PDF file).

My top priority this year is to get a new computer chair. I was gonna get one at Staples last year because I knew that the one that I had was on it’s last legs. I figured that I’d have no problem getting one because everybody else would be going for the bigger ticket items first. So I went to several other stores before heading on over to Staples. As a result, by the time that I got to Staples, it was about 9AM, and they had sold out.

Unfortunately, I was so pissed upon discovering that they where all gone that I never bothered to ask the store clerk how many that they had, and how fast they sold out. So I don’t really have anything to gauge the demand for these chairs.

Anyway, my chair finally gave out a few months ago and I’ve been sitting on a folding card chair ever since. So I really do need a new chair.

The thing is though, a new computer chair isn’t the only thing I need/want this year. In addition to many other items, I wanna get the camera on the front page of the Wal-Mart ad. I don’t need the Camera as much as I need the chair, but my instinct tells me that the Camera will sell out a lot faster than the computer chair will. So I was thinking about going to Wal-Mart first and then on to Staples as soon as I’m done. The distance between the two is only about a 10-minute drive. Probably even less at that hour of the morning.

So what do you think? If I go to Wal-Mart first to get the camera, will the chair still be there by the time I get to Staples?

I have never gone to Staples first but I am sitting on the $50 BF chair from last year now. I'm not sure which you are going for but I would say either find a camera you like and get it in Staples, or you should be ok to go after Walmart and not have a problem. I went to Staples last year at about 10AM and they still had quite a few of the BF deals available. Most of the BF electronics were gone though.

Well at the Staples I work at we had about 20-25 chairs last year and they were gone within the first hour. The chair we have on sale is a pretty nice chair and for the price doubt you will find anything that quality somewhere else. We sold out of them last year with in the 1st hour. We do have about 10-15 more than what we had last year. I have a feeling if you go to walmart first you may miss out unless you plan to be one of the first people in line at Wal Mart. Thouht I would throw my 2 cents in. Good Luck

All right, thanks for the advice. I think I'll run over to Wal-Mart first to get the Camera. I figure that at the worst, I'll be over at Staples by 5:45.

Here’s hopping that they don't sell out in 45 minutes.

Thanks for all the replies.

I just realized though that Wal-Mart actually opens an hour earlier than Staples. At least, that's what the fliers for the respective stores say. So it looks like it won't be much of a problem for me getting both the chair and the camera, after all.

Again I appreciate the responses and hopefully this topic has helped somebody else out there.

I managed to get the chair all right.

I got there 10 minutes before Staples opened and I was about 25th in line. As far as I can tell, I was the first one to get the chair that day. In retrospect, perhaps it was a bit of overkill getting there that early, but after last years disappointment, I wasn't gonna take any chances.

Thanks again for all who replied.

FYI, while I was standing in line to check out, a staples guy told me about the furniture replacement plan. For $4.95, I bought 3 year replacement for my $49.99 chair. I think that's a great value. My chair is going to dd's dorm room. It will be the 3rd chair in 1.5 years. The first was from staples, the second (a cheapie bought by the one who broke #1) was not. If I'd had this policy on #1, I wouldn't have been buying #3 last Friday. :) (the one who broke #2 is helping pay, but still...) If the chair is going in a high/rough use area, check this out!

I managed to get the chair all right.

I got there 10 minutes before Staples opened and I was about 25th in line. As far as I can tell, I was the first one to get the chair that day. In retrospect, perhaps it was a bit of overkill getting there that early, but after last years disappointment, I wasn't gonna take any chances.

Thanks again for all who replied.

I was so hurt about not getting that chair!! I did not see it untill AFTER BF. I did not even mind the rebate for that price. Oh well...lol..still looking for a desk chair. :cheesy:

FYI, while I was standing in line to check out, a staples guy told me about the furniture replacement plan. For $4.95, I bought 3 year replacement for my $49.99 chair. I think that's a great value. My chair is going to dd's dorm room. It will be the 3rd chair in 1.5 years. The first was from staples, the second (a cheapie bought by the one who broke #1) was not. If I'd had this policy on #1, I wouldn't have been buying #3 last Friday. :) (the one who broke #2 is helping pay, but still...) If the chair is going in a high/rough use area, check this out!

Yeah, I bought one of those plans too. Only mine cost $10, because the chair I bought was $99.

Although the chair I had before this one lasted me nearly 6 years, I've had previous chairs that have only lasted me a year or so. So when the kid started pushing the idea of the plan he really didn't have to sell me on it.

Though I got the distinct feeling that something was in it for him if he managed to sell me the 3-year plan. No matter, as I said, he didn't have to twist my arm in order for me to buy it.

I was so hurt about not getting that chair!! I did not see it untill AFTER BF. I did not even mind the rebate for that price. Oh well...lol..still looking for a desk chair. :cheesy:

That stinks. :(

As I said in my first post in this topic, I missed out on the chair last year. So I kinda know what you're feeling. :(

You might luck out, though. Something else might pop up before Christmas.