Walmart BF Laptop

leonewy

Hi guys! I was so glad when I saw the hp laptop on the add (the $450), I thought finally I have my deal for BF. Then I realized that's a Sempron (wich you can not see anymore in new computers).

Do you believe it's still worth it? Someone found a best desktop deal ?

Considering that the laptop isn't even a doorbuster, no it's not really a deal. You can hope they add a laptop to the doorbusters when/if they announce the "extra" items online this week, but otherwise you are better off waiting for Dell or one of the other online retailers to have a better deal.

Thanks Brad, my point is that I always catch better deals (in my opinion) than the door busters; no need to wait all night long in lane an usually better machines (most of the door busters laptops are quite obsolete).

This one looks very good to me for $450, I'm just no sure it's OK to go on a Sempron anymore.

Thanks Brad, my point is that I always catch better deals (in my opinion) than the door busters; no need to wait all night long in lane an usually better machines (most of the door busters laptops are quite obsolete).

This one looks very good to me for $450, I'm just no sure it's OK to go on a Sempron anymore.

Actually I was looking at this laptop before I found out it was a sempron cpu(which by the way is still a deceit cpu for basic emailing and web browsing). I ended up getting the $449.00 acer 4530 laptop from newegg which has a dual core QL-60 AMD cpu and better gpu.

Actually I was looking at this laptop before I found out it was a sempron cpu(which by the way is still a deceit cpu for basic emailing and web browsing). I ended up getting the $449.00 acer 4530 laptop from newegg which has a dual core QL-60 AMD cpu and better gpu.

It's a 14" right? Do you already have it?

I saw it in an add, and thought that's a good buy, it's just the Acers I checked in the past, didn't fill good, somehow didn't like them.

I'll be really thankful for your comments on it.

Glad I read this thread. I did not realize it was a sempron. I could not make it out that well from the pic. I thought it said that but wasn't sure. I noticed that all the computers listed for BF listed what they were except that and thought maybe that was an old pic or something..

It's a 14" right? Do you already have it?

I saw it in an add, and thought that's a good buy, it's just the Acers I checked in the past, didn't fill good, somehow didn't like them.

I'll be really thankful for your comments on it.

Acers have greatly improved as of late, I looked at the hp g60-120us at cc( which is a better laptop then wal-mart g60-121wm) and it looked cheap in contruction. the Acer is the better laptop , dual core cpu, better gpu, same size hd the only advantage the wm laptop has is more memory 3gb vs 2 gb.

The doorbusters are usually made specifically for BF sales. They are not typically off the shelf items normally carried in the store. On a rare occation they will just get rid of older computers that way, but how wou they be able to guarantee a minimum per store on an item that is no longer made? Last year I got a Toshiba top for $229 at Best Buy and it is one of the best laptops I've ever seen, except only a 32 bit graphics card. The Toshiba for $548 looks pretty good but not the best deal out there. The Turion is newer and faster and it comes with a webcam (although they are cheap on BF for about $10).