Online sales with limited quantities

Tiger-Heli

I posted my question here [link removed - haven't been here long enough] - but search for other post by me or in the Other Stores - DellHome thread, but nobody responded yet.

Basically, if an online ad says "Friday Only - Quantities may be limited", does that mean I need to click on the item at 12:01 A.M. and hope 1000 other people don't beat me to it.

I know how the B&M sales work, but not online.

Thanks in advance!

I have never shopped online there, but i have at many other online stores on BF. I would try even earlier than that. maybe check throughout the day, and then about 10pm start trying. As soon as the sale price shows in cart,try to purchase. servers get bogged down hard on BF. Be prepared for that. If you have dialup....well :2goodnite: get back in bed and sleep. GOOD LUCK!

Thanks - so basically, pre-register, and then keep hitting F5 until the price drops and then hit "Add to Cart".

Question - do you think by "Quantities may be limited" they mean 1 or 2 per person or they have 50 total or similar?

I guess it's not good to call Dell directly and ask until the sale is officially released, correct?

Thanks - so basically, pre-register, and then keep hitting F5 until the price drops and then hit "Add to Cart".

Question - do you think by "Quantities may be limited" they mean 1 or 2 per person or they have 50 total or similar?

I guess it's not good to call Dell directly and ask until the sale is officially released, correct?

But it says that they "MAY BE" limited. I would call. I thought that dell released their own ad, Brad will have to clarify that. What limited is to them is the question.... online retailors usually have a good ammount though.

I doubt that they would tell you how many they have if you called. Most places only let you get one of a bf deal but sometimes you can get more. Quantities will be limited, they don't have an unlimited amount. They may only have 10 at that price and once they are gone they will either be out of stock or more could be sold at a higher price, they may have 50 or 250 or 1000.

Let me clarify what I meant on calling -

I didn't mean how many do you have, I meant more like does the sale price take effect at 12:01 - once they are out-of-stock is the sale price gone.

As mentioned, the ad says "Quantities May be Limited on some items" - not specifically the one I am interested in.

I just didn't think it was a good idea to call and say "I am interested in this deal in a BF ad that was posted at GottaDeal.com that you haven't officially released yet and I wondered how it works?"

Also, if Brad is the best contact person - if someone could PM him and ask him to reply in one of the threads - I tried, but I can't send PM's yet.

Thanks again!

No one actually knows when the online sales start. You can believe 12:01am all you want, but the server time is something you don't have. Being an IT professional, the server goes by it's time. So the time can be off by a minute or by 5 seconds.

Good points.

Calling anyone in a store regarding Black Friday will not give you any help at all, especially when it comes to when there online sales start.

Guess that was a bit naive of me.

Just be like the rest of us, wait and see. If you want something that bad, don't take the chance and get in line at a B&M store.

Particular item I am hunting isn't available at a B&M store, but it's not the end of the world if I miss the BF price ...

Thanks again!!!

Also, if Brad is the best contact person - if someone could PM him and ask him to reply in one of the threads - I tried, but I can't send PM's yet.

Thanks again!

Brad probably won't be able to give you too much more information other than what you read in the ad. Your best luck will be to post your specific questions and get answers from others that have bought from there on BF online before. Reply to your other thread and hopefully someone will be able to help you. And you have to remember that 12:01 am where you live may be a couple hours earlier or later depending on what time zone the store is in.

And you have to remember that 12:01 am where you live may be a couple hours earlier or later depending on what time zone the store is in.

Great point - the phone support is in Central Time which is an hour behind me, but the store servers might be somewhere else.

Thanks again!

Newbie question - online sales are then Wednesday night (Thursday 12am) or Thursday night (Friday 12am)?

thx

The ad I am looking at said "Friday Only" sale prices, so I would assume that means Thursday night. If it said Thanksgiving Day, I would think Wednesday night.