Question about Secret Sales/laptops

jhaferm

Hi, I am new here so I hope I am posting this in the correct place! I received an email from GottaDeal about a WalMart Secret Sale last Saturday. There was a laptop for $298. What I am trying to figure out is, how do you find out about Secret Sales and does WalMart usually have more than one of these sales? I am trying to find another deal like this but I am not having much luck. Any help would be most appreciated!

Thanks!

Hi, I am new here so I hope I am posting this in the correct place! I received an email from GottaDeal about a WalMart Secret Sale last Saturday. There was a laptop for $298. What I am trying to figure out is, how do you find out about Secret Sales and does WalMart usually have more than one of these sales? I am trying to find another deal like this but I am not having much luck. Any help would be most appreciated!

Thanks!

Walmart usually has a few of these deals but especially if it is a 24hr Walmart it is next to impossible to get the tickets for the items for when they go on sale. They don't tell when they are going to give out the tickets and even though I was there real early for the sale last year, they didn't have any tickets left, and of the 40 they did have, 19 went to employees (I stuck around to see if I could get one of the unclaimed ones from people that didn't return at midnight to pick it up). Your best bet at getting a good cheap laptop (by the way Toshiba is better than the Compaq at Walmart) would be get on line REAL EARLY and get the $229 Toshiba at Best Buy which although not yet announced I'm pretty confident it will be. I have both the Compaq fom last years Walmart sale and the Toshiba from last years Best Buy sale, and even though the Toshiba was $229 and the Compaq was $398 at Walmart, the Toshiba can run circles around the Compaq (which didn't even have a DVD writer, this years does).

I haven't seen a $229 advertised at Best Buy yet but I would probably have to camp out to get it. I will watch real close for that but we have small kids and are unable to leave them at home to get in line at midnight for one of these. It's such a bummer b/c we are never able to get any of the great deals.

How are the Secret Sales advertised or are they except on a site like this one? There were not any adds or anything around here about the WM secret sale that I could find.

Thanks for the advice!

It was advertised on the walmart webite. Gottadeal posted it here. I went to my local walmart and stood in line at midnight and was able to get one at 8 am. There was a total of 38. My best advice is to check here often and scan your favorite stores websites for secret sales a couple of days before the weekend. :)

It was advertised on the walmart webite. Gottadeal posted it here. I went to my local walmart and stood in line at midnight and was able to get one at 8 am. There was a total of 38. My best advice is to check here often and scan your favorite stores websites for secret sales a couple of days before the weekend. :)

Thanks! I heard about the sale here but I couldn't figure out what other ways sales like that are advertised as I didn't see any adds around here.

From past experiences the doorbusters that are being referred to are usually put online the week of Thanksgiving. Best Buy did this last year. I was at Sears this morning scanning items and I was talking to the sales people. They also think that Sears is going to ad some items online this year because they are hurting so badly. We will see.

I get emails from walmart about their secret sales. Just sign up for whatever stores you usually shop at, I get Target, Walmart, Kmart, Toys R Us, just to name a few, lol. That way you don't miss out on whatever specials they are running and you usually get coupons!!! Always a good bonus!

I get emails from walmart about their secret sales. Just sign up for whatever stores you usually shop at, I get Target, Walmart, Kmart, Toys R Us, just to name a few, lol. That way you don't miss out on whatever specials they are running and you usually get coupons!!! Always a good bonus!

Thank you so much!:)