Walmart.com Online-Only Special "Value Bundles" This Week!

Brad

I was in the process of ordering the Nintendo DS bundle .. had everything picked and added it to my cart. It said: We're having temporary difficulties arriving at the destination you requested, but we'd like to offer steps to help you below.

Now when I click on it to try again it says "product not found". What is going on? :confused:

Edited by my2aboys

I was in the process of ordering the Nintendo DS bundle .. had everything picked and added it to my cart. It said: We're having temporary difficulties arriving at the destination you requested, but we'd like to offer steps to help you below.

Now when I click on it to try again it says "product not found". What is going on? :confused:

The DS bundles will be $139 at Circuit City on Black Friday, which is cheaper than the Walmart bundles.

This question is an often one, so that's my cut & paste answer:

1). 20GB has no chrome trim, no memory card reader and no wi-fi. Not manufactured anymore. Has the best backwards compatibility with PS2 games due to Emotion Engine (PS2's CPU) and Graphics Synthesizer (PS2's GPU) installed.

2). NTSC 60GB has the same backwards compatibility as 20GB version, also has memory card reader and wi-fi. Has a chrome trim.

3). 80GB - extended memory, but reduced backwards compatibility with PS2 games, it has only Graphics Synthesizer (PS2's GPU). Around 80% of PS2 games can be played. Available only in NTSC regions.

4). 40GB - can't play PS2 games at all (all PS2 chips were removed), has 2 USBs instead of 4, no memory card reader, has wi-fi. Avalable in black and white colors. White is on sale only in Japan. Uses 65nm technology (lower power consumption). Improved cooling system. It's the latest version. 40GB doesn't support SACD (Super Audio Compact Disc).

5). PAL 60GB - reduced backwards compatibility with PS2 games. it has only Graphics Synthesizer (PS2's GPU). Around 80% of PS2 games can be played.

Wi-fi included in all models, except 20GB.

WalMart was having trouble when I went online, first wouldn't show specials, but if I sorted from low to high it would show some, and high to low would show others... I imagine that is the same problem affecting ordering your DS bundle... I imagine they'll have it cleared up soon.

is the fuji camera bundle a deal or not? can we return any part of the bundle?

I want that camera so bad....:( I like the other deal they had a few weeks back. You got the camera, a 2gb memory card, and a Body Glove case. It looks like they downsized the deal. :confused:

Does anyone know if the PS3 bundle is backwards compatible with PS2? I didn't see it in the description.

If you go to the Playstation website (http://playstation.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/playstation.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=232), it has a PS2 and original PS backwards compatibility chart for all the recent PS3 models. It looks like nothing currently on shelves is likely to be compatible.

The site also says to check the specs on the box of the particular unit you're buying to see the compatibility. There's a footnote, too: "If a PLAYSTATION 3 is not backward compatible, you will not be able to add this function through any hardware (i.e., changing the hard disk drive) or software (i.e., updates, homebrew) upgrades or modifications."

The whole thing is a major bummer.

Edited by khall1971
forgot to add one line