OfficeMax Black Friday Ad Posted

Brad

The laptop with a Sempron CPU and over $400.00?

Why not offer a laptop with a Pentium 2 CPU?

Sorry, but this is silly.

Because there will always be shoppers who don't know the difference between all the different processors on the market and will buy the laptop based on price alone. The ones with the cheaper processors probably have a higher gross margin than the ones with Core2Duos, especially if they're selling for similar prices.

The laptop with a Sempron CPU and over $400.00?

Why not offer a laptop with a Pentium 2 CPU?

Sorry, but this is silly.

Because there will always be shoppers who don't know the difference between all the different processors on the market and will buy the laptop based on price alone. The ones with the cheaper processors probably have a higher gross margin than the ones with Core2Duos, especially if they're selling for similar prices.

Also, there are some people who don't need a Core 2 Duo, like my grandmother. She just uses her computer to browse the Internet and send email. She really doesn't even use Word. That laptop would be great for her.

It's just that this is such dated technology, which would be slow even for internet and word by todays standards.

In comparison, you'd be better off looking for a Pentium M (which is at least 6 year ol technology) laptop which would sell for less money, if you could even find it.

In reference to someone who just wants a basic laptop, there are much better deals available right now for less money.

For Example...

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=9027698&productCategoryId=abcat0502001&type=product&id=1218010578770&AID=10597222&PID=552179&SID=865728-2-0-ARTICLE-0&URL=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bestbuy.com%2Fsite%2Folspage.jsp%3FskuId%3D9027698%26productCategoryId%3Dabcat0502001%26type%3Dproduct%26id%3D1218010578770&ref=39&loc=01

Edited by Bruiser1

Also, there are some people who don't need a Core 2 Duo, like my grandmother. She just uses her computer to browse the Internet and send email. She really doesn't even use Word. That laptop would be great for her.

Very true, but if you could buy her a laptop with a better processor for the same price or less why wouldn't you?

Very true, but if you could buy her a laptop with a better processor for the same price or less why wouldn't you?

Hmmmmm...good point.

I like the fact that they open 2 hours later. I want the $39.99 digital picture frame with remote (the first I have seen so far for this price) and the keyboard combo seems like a good deal if it is wireless.

Still waiting for Staples and Office Depot BF ad. :fluffy:

Hmmmmm...good point.

I like the fact that they open 2 hours later. I want the $39.99 digital picture frame with remote (the first I have seen so far for this price) and the keyboard combo seems like a good deal if it is wireless.

Still waiting for Staples and Office Depot BF ad. :fluffy:

You got your wish, Office Depot is now been posted! :eyepoppin

Well, I think this ad is a joke! NO FREEBATES at all!!!

And I right away ruled out the laptop just because Best Buy's was cheaper with a bigger hard drive. I didn't know about the processor stuff - it's a little bit Greek to me. But if I'm not mistaken the Best Buy laptop had the Core 2 Duo so even better! Hopefully Office Depot will offer some free stuff - BF is a sport for me and I'm all about the FREE.

I need a little help with the ad I can't see the model number for the Acer 22 inch LCD monitor.:(

Does any body have any super special program that can see it?

I'm going to guess it's the AL2216Wbd thats $219.99 now.:confused:

But in the ad it looks like the X223WBD thats $257.95 now.:confused:

And it would be nice to see how much the rebate is for too.

If anybody can help. "Thanks":)

Does anyone know anything about the digital camcorder for $59.99? I'm looking for something cheap for my son. He pretty much will only take it to the skatepark, and he broke my last 2- that I paid good money for. Something he can easily upload unto his laptop would be great.

New product, no reviews.

I was hoping to order the Linkysy MiMo router, but the website says it is discontinued & not avail? Its in teh BF ad for 39.99 :(

Same here...I keep trying to get the keyboard, mouse, webcam combo, but it keeps telling me discontinued. That make no sense at all!! Oh well....:(

Same here...I keep trying to get the keyboard, mouse, webcam combo, but it keeps telling me discontinued. That make no sense at all!! Oh well....:(

I ended up getting my router & phone in-store. hardly any line at all, and everything was on a table as soon as you walked in. Back in the car in less than 5 mins :) Now, if only I could get the router set up.....but I LOVE the phone.