CNN walks through highlights of Wamart's BF ad

hacksolo

I've got it on pretty good authority that the $798 50" Plasma HDTV is DEFINITELY going to be 720p, so if you're holding out, you will definitely want to take that into consideration.

A 46" or 47" HDTV with 1080p is going to be comparably priced, definitely going to give you a better picture, and might actually be more fun to watch.

Guest HoosierShadow

I know the stores want to beat their competitors prices....but good grief, when your this close to BF, what is the big deal on letting people see their ads? At least it would give people a chance to get the $$ together for the deals. I know a lot of people that said if they could see the ad sooner, they would save more to spend on items vs. not knowing what is on sale, and therefore not having the $$ to purchase <make sense?>.

It just seems very silly to me that they would argue and threaten to sue....

As I understand it, blu ray will be the new format. Much like DVD replaced VHS, Blu Ray will replace DVD. I'm not 100% sure if I understand this correctly as I don't really get it either but.. *shrug*

Blu-Ray still has a very small market share compared to DVD. Until the costs of stand alone players and discs get down to a level where the average consumer will invest in it, DVDs will still be around for a long time.