Not too impressed w/this years BF ads

NO30FAN

:( Iam a bf freak..out from Thanksgiving am like 9-10 to jump in line..I have done this for years now even when I was pregnant with my kids..it was sooo much fun and got to meet alot of great people..Anywho..I havent seen a thing that I would even consider standing in line for...This is the first year ever that its been like this...you would figure since they are talking about how rough the economy is going to be the sales would be better than ever to get people out there..How disappointing..Walmart is the last ad Im holding out for...and even then I dont know if I would do it..I went there two yrs ago when they had that 52 inch for like 4oo and something..yeah I got one and almost got jumped for it..walmart is pathetic on bf.. kohls is a zoo as well..best buy hopefully at the last minute have something..Is this the end to my bf run???

Mumof4 In Western ny...

I agree that in general I haven't found many deals that I would absolutely get in line for. I've always had luck with odd gifts from Lowes and Kmart, like pajamas, toys, and holiday decorations. The Kmart Saturday Sale is usually just as good as the Black Friday one, and I've learned to read their ad very carefully because of the distinction between the days.

While Sears is generally great, they hardly ever have the tools for gifts at the one by me - even if you're first in line. It's always disappointing, so much so that you're better off shopping at home. Last year I purchased gifts from Best Buy online the weekend after Black Friday, and picked up in the store to avoid shipping charges (and insane crowds).

Thanks to sites like these, I've been able to find gifts now at prices that I know are either as good as or better than Black Friday prices. I'm still hoping for a Boscov's and a Christmas Tree Shop add...

I'm not majorly impressed, but I didn't have a major wish list like in years past. A TV is all I cared about, and I see a couple options, but other than that, DVD's are about it.

With that being said, I see no major DVD sales this year. I'm actually a bit shocked since I figured that they'd make some deep discounts so they could start selling more Blu-ray at retailers soon.

I liked Sears ad when I first saw it thought with the tires deal and the washer/dryer combo. I also like the XBox 360 deal at Best Buy, other than that nothing greatly impressive.

Looking at my every growing list the 2 stores that will get most of my money (so far) are gonna be Target and Kmart (on BF not Thanksgiving). I am ANXIOUSLY awaiting Toys R Us - that usually is the biggest chunk of my shopping with 3 kids ages 8 and under. So if Toys R Us has weak deals I'm gonna be quite disappointed the last bit of excitement for BF is dependent on them at this point. Since I am personally avoiding WalMart like the plague this year it has really things up for me.

my hopes for a 42 inch 1080 p tv have been destroyed. looks like this is the worst BF in years. absolutely no incetinve to go to any store. even the video games are pathetic. why buy a ps3 with those little incentives when walmart had a free 100 gift card recently and it wasnt BF

Go to Costco for the TV. Their deals are already better than most the BF stuff and their return policy is incredible. You can get better PS3 deals now on the web. I've got to believe that BB must be doing something more, their deals are so crummy.

I am so glad I am already done with christmas shopping (in part from the super clearance and sale deals put on this site). I didn't see anything major in any of the ads so far that I "had to have" or get me to impulse buy.

My kids are older so don't need toys.

The only thing I need though is a pack of DVD+ R discs (will price match at Walmart from the Radio Shack ad I think)

I know DH and I are going out just because this year. We decided to skip the gifts for the kids and go to Disney this Christmas so my kids are done. I still have family to buy for and I've been picking that up at Kohls. I was hoping for cheap movies and DS games to give my kids for Hannukah for the 17 hour drive to FL and I haven't seen much of them. DH wanted a new tv and I told him to either buy now or wait till a week after BF because there is no really good deals on anything bigger then a 37.

But like fools we will still be in line somewhere.

Hoping Frys has some deals. Last chance for me to really shop on BF.

You and me both, brother. Fry's always seems to have a good ad, but I can never seem to get it early. Target has a few good things.

We're not shopping for a lot of gadgets this year... I got my daughter a replacement iPod already, and I got my son a memory card reader for his DS. We just bought a house... that was our Christmas for this year. :)

not too excited here either.... I have a nice list going for my son, but no clue for my hubby and nothing is jumping out. We are, however, discussing going to Sports Authority BF to get in line for the scratch ticket like we did last year... hard to pass up a 2 in 100 chance at $300 worth of free stuff, anf they have tons of stuff for my son

I'm still excited to go moreso because it's an annual tradition with my SIL, not because there are any eye popping deals. I do have some things on my list, but nothing that I would stand all night to get. Although I just read an article on MSN that Target is slashing prices to compete more evenly with Walmart, so there might be hope for us yet on some special secret deals!

You're Right, if this keeps up, I think they'll be good deals on parking spaces Thursday Night/Friday Morning, and thats it!!!

Although markets placed their orders over 9months ago, and allot of years they've been off the mark, Golly Day!!! and everyones wallet is feeling the economic crisis,.... wait a minute I was getting ready to make excuses for retailers 100% markup, then advertise 40% off "deals".

Executives, you better make some cost cutting bargains with the consumer, within the next 8 days-or you can say bye bye to you're being 'in the black this year.

Edited by Cannon1

I am so glad I am already done with christmas shopping (in part from the super clearance and sale deals put on this site). I didn't see anything major in any of the ads so far that I "had to have" or get me to impulse buy.

My kids are older so don't need toys.

The only thing I need though is a pack of DVD+ R discs (will price match at Walmart from the Radio Shack ad I think)

I think that some of us year round gottadealers get things done ealier because of all the great deals that are found all year. I am just about done shopping but I do have 2 things to pick up bf a skateboard at one of the sporting goods stores and some earbuds at Radio Shack, I like elena, will price match those at walmart. I may pick up a few things at walmart depending on their sale.

So in other words us year round gottadealer's are spoiled by the deals posted here all year so we aren't impressed with the ads because we are gettting amazing deals all year...lol

Ok so We have decided to go to princeton WV for thanksgiving and they have hardly any of my stores. The big one I was looking at was circuit city for the digital camera with printer. I really want it. Can I buy online from these stores and get the same deal as in store? Please help me. What are my options? I have no one to go for me cause all my family will be down with us. I cant very well diss the family for black friday although it did go through my mind. :(

I thought Sears had the best ad too. Hopefully as we get closer, new deals will pop up?

I was thinking ALL the deals lately have been mediocre. Even Freebies aren't what they used be a year or two ago.

Freebies? What Freebies? I haven't seen any, anywhere!!!

Eh, we'll probably always go out for BF, but we are buying less this year. I think the stores know that there are enough people that are going to shop regardless, and so they're trying less and less hard. Plus, as BF becomes more popular they realize they don't need to have those outstanding deals of years past. The competition nowadays is moreso between shoppers (why we have people getting in line on Wednesday) than it is between stores.

I tend to do BF for the people-watching and entertainment more than anything. I don't usually buy a lot of gifts that day, and tend just to get stuff for myself that I've been wanting. This year there's not that much that I really want, so it'll be stuff like the Excedrin BOGO at Meijers, maybe a digital frame, wrapping paper, just generic stuff.

has anyone noticed that the ads are for like a two day sale ad and not many if any door buster sales for a few hours on BF early morning? I just wonder if the FULL ads are really being posted and if there is going to be some last minute ads put out that have the "DOORBUSTERS" we are use to seeing? Wishful thinking I guess!:rolleyes:

Tend to agree with everyone else out there - I think it's because the economy is so bad and all you hear about is how horrible of a shopping season retailers are predicting and they're offering some pretty good deals now to get us to buy from them before BF. I used to look forward to shopping in all its insanity...by myself...with no children...just my list, my money and my coffee. But with all the deals out there now - I'm already done with 2 of my kids, have 2 more to go and they usually get gifts from ebay or online elsewhere. Unless something wonderful comes through - I'll be staying home this BF and decorating for the holidays instead (while my husbands home from work to help).