Not too impressed w/this years BF ads

NO30FAN

I was thinking along the same line. But it really comes down to what your looking for. There are some great deals out there, I just think people are going to have to dig further than BF.

Favorite Stores on my BF have changed dramatically from last year!

Last Year: BBY, Kohls, Younkers, Walmart

This year: KMart, Sears, (haven't seen Kohls or Walmart)

I was really hoping for some good tv deals, but the BF prices are close to what they are now (alil lower but close enough)

Understandable. But now their isn't that much margin in the "name brand" TVs, since they all about took 150 to 200 off their prices from last year.

I think the Panasonic 50" 720p is at or below cost for most retailers

I'm not seeing anything that is worth standing in line for hours this year. But luckily, seeing the ads early and realizing the disappointment has allowed me to get a bunch of Christmas presents done already with deals online, and I get to sleep in! :D

I will still be going out on BF for the regular deals, but doesnt look like there is any need to camp out this year.

I haven't been impressed either. Sears always has good deals, so that is nothing new. But nothing I'm going to wait in line for.

That doesn't mean I won't go. But I will probably go later in the day, and just jump on the computer early in the morning for the online deals.

I know. It has been a major let down this year! So far it is Sears but we still have a little time to be saved by Target, Walmart, KB's, & TRU. Hopefully the best is yet to come.

Those 4 ads are gonna make or break my day. I really haven't seen much of anything worth getting up that early for.

my hopes for a 42 inch 1080 p tv have been destroyed. looks like this is the worst BF in years. absolutely no incetinve to go to any store. even the video games are pathetic. why buy a ps3 with those little incentives when walmart had a free 100 gift card recently and it wasnt BF

Same here, not impressed so far. This will be the first year in a long time that we won't be camping out. Unless Wal Mart comes out with something spectacular.

But also we picked up our big ticket items (big screen HDTV and laptop) last year, so don't really need any big stuff this year. I would like to get a good universal remote. Cicrcuit City has a Logitech Harmony on sale on BF, but I can get the same model right now on Amazon.com for a little less; although it is recertified. I can get a newer model Logitech Harmony on Amazon for about the same price as the CC BF sale. I am also considering a GPS. The TomTom that several stores has as a door buster for $99 looks good, but Vanns.com had a sale on the same unit yesterday for $99. Hopefully someone else will have an on-line sale at that price before BF. There are a few other small items I would like to get, but it's starting to look like I will be able to do my shopping on-line this year and get everything at need at or below the BF in store prices.

I did get the sub $300 laptop that WalMart had last week, and it looks like that was a good thing as no one else seems to be offering cheap laptops for BF.

I agree. I've yet to see anything I have to get up early for, so I'm considering sleeping in on BF for the first time since 2002 (The last one I didn't go to).

In terms of mediocrity, it's even with 2004 (I still don't remember why my Mom and I got out that year, except we didn't find what we where looking for because our Wal-Mart never carried that item)

There has to be something better on the way... how can this be it? If retailers are suffering don't they want to do whatever they can to get us into the store? If this is all they have to offer I would never go camp out for it... and that's sad because My mom and I share this tradition... but, I can google my way to better deals from the warmth of my bed!

I am hoping there will be something better coming out, too. I'm still holding out for Target. There are a few things at Sears that I like but doubt I will be getting up to early if nothing changes. We were actually considering going to visit relatives since the sales just aren't there for us. We usually stay in town to shop.

We were hoping for inexpensive desk tops or laptops for our kids and hubby was hoping for a flat screen tv. The tv would just be an extra,though. I haven't seen any really good deals for ds games or PS2 games. Maybe Amazon will have a good deal before Christmas. Usually we see so much we would like to get that we are split between stores and sometimes overspend. This year....I don't see that being a concern.

I hope things improve. I know the economy is bad. Even in our area which does ok, I think sales are down. The brand new Circuit City down the street is closing and liquidating their stock. Sales are worse right now than at the main stores but...closing none the less after less than a year open. I have also been told that Best Buy isn't doing well, either. I would think some really good deals would spark sales but maybe they are not looking at it that way.

I have to say that I agree. I think that if I had to choose a year not to be BF shopping it would be this year. Maybe I'm just being overly critical because I know that I can't go shopping. I have made a small list of things that I am hoping someone- one of the two gals that I work with that will be able to BF shop but really nothing more yet than stocking stuffers.

I do see more of the things the kids want in Target's add. They aren't huge items but I had really not seen much of what my kids wanted anywhere. My son wants a ripstick and ds and PS2 games. Dd wants that potty training doll and a camera. I'm not sure I will get up too early but will either try to get there early or maybe price match these items somewhere else? I guess I need to try to remember who price matches andhow it works. I was prepared to do that last year but ended up not needing to.

I think a bunch of us have been saying this for the last couple of years. It ain't like it used to be; that's for sure.

Yeah, a few years ago I loved BF for the purpose of stocking up on Freebates. I'd spend all morning running from Circuit City to Radio Shack to the office supply stores to wherever else to get supplies of CD-Rs, jewel cases, pens, etc. In fact, it was probably in 2003 that I got so many free CDs and DVDs I still have some left. After running all morning I'd spend all afternoon putting together the freebates while my kids wrapped presents. But there's nothing free anymore! It's taken all the fun out of it anymore. Last year I didn't even shop BF. This year I'm only in it because my daughter needs a laptop for college.