Nothing special this black friday

moondancer69

the jvc GZMG330AUS bundle is a good deal. on the other hand dynex brand tvs 32 inch and 42 inch got good reviews on bestbuy's websight

the hp laptop looks like a good deal. the laptops for black friday seem to be made only for black friday. i would like to see more info on each laptop posted.

video game deals suck this year

the jvc GZMG330AUS bundle is a good deal. on the other hand dynex brand tvs 32 inch and 42 inch got good reviews on bestbuy's websight

the hp laptop looks like a good deal. the laptops for black friday seem to be made only for black friday. i would like to see more info on each laptop posted.

video game deals suck this year

I just finished glancing at the ads for BF and I have to say i'm not impressed with the sales this year and I am a die hard BF fan; I was hoping for a deal on an olympus stylus sw and a decent external hard drive and have found nothing worth standing in line for all night. Very disappointing this year.

Honestly, I think BB put this garbage ad out there to make you think this is it, only to replace it a week before with the real deal and draw all your attention to them, instead of the competition. Watch. I bet it happens.

LOL!! Something like that....;) Although..I don't agree with the "garbage" part. :P

I see tons of great deals for me, then again i don't go shopping for a TV every year.. im fine with the 1080p lcd i have.. in that department i would say yeah theres nothing special.. as far as toys/games/movies tons of great deals just like last year

OMG I feel your pain! My husband and I are getting my parents a Sony blu-ray player for christmas and I saw the Sears ad on here $180! Bestbuy wants $249!!!! Same price that Dell is gonna have theirs on sale. Dont get me wrong, I love best buy, its mine and my husband's fav. store in the world but Im not gonna pay $249 at best buy when I can go to the mall which is right infront of best buy and get the exact same blu-ray player much cheaper at Sears. Believe me, I am very disapointed in the best buy ad this yr. They have a couple things that I still wanna get on Black friday, but Best buy isnt gonna be our 1st usual stop this black friday, sears will be. Def. not worth waiting in line outside in the cold. I much rather wait inside the mall where its nice and toasty. And if its anything like last yr, Sears was completely dead last yr. Had no problems getting a leather jacket for my husband that was on sale for $50 (regular price was like $150 or something like that).

Same thing for Guitar Hero 3 for the Wii. We wanna get that for my sister's husband, sears is gonna have it on sale for $54.99..best buy $80! Good-bye best buy..hello Sears!

Edited by Disney8704

Yep, think I'll be shopping online from home this year. Was wanting a 1tb external hard drive but heck, NewEgg has some now that are cheaper and rated higher than the ones in the BF sales. To heck with that, I'll just go to Concord Mills for the clothes and shop for electronics online the night before.

OMG I feel your pain! My husband and I are getting my parents a Sony blu-ray player for christmas and I saw the Sears ad on here $180! Bestbuy wants $249!!!! Same price that Dell is gonna have theirs on sale. Dont get me wrong, I love best buy, its mine and my husband's fav. store in the world but Im not gonna pay $249 at best buy when I can go to the mall which is right infront of best buy and get the exact same blu-ray player much cheaper at Sears. Believe me, I am very disapointed in the best buy ad this yr. They have a couple things that I still wanna get on Black friday, but Best buy isnt gonna be our 1st usual stop this black friday, sears will be. Def. not worth waiting in line outside in the cold. I much rather wait inside the mall where its nice and toasty. And if its anything like last yr, Sears was completely dead last yr. Had no problems getting a leather jacket for my husband that was on sale for $50 (regular price was like $150 or something like that).

Same thing for Guitar Hero 3 for the Wii. We wanna get that for my sister's husband, sears is gonna have it on sale for $54.99..best buy $80! Good-bye best buy..hello Sears!

Bestbuy Guitar Hero 3 bundle has 2 guitars whereas the Sears one has only one

Some ok deals but nothing great at any stores. I'm hoping for some super deals on the additional ads that Best Buy usually has. Usually I spend about $5000 on Black Friday, this year it looks like maybe $1500 tops, and not because I don't have money already saved (been putting a few hundred away each week for the past few months) but the good deals just aren't available like they were a few years ago.

Any guesses as to longer lines at Best Buy to get the few good deals they have, or less lines due to people just not having the money to buy them? Just looking for some opinions from others out there.

I learned my lesson buying an off brand TV... NO MORE of that for me!! I'm sticking with good name brands for a while or until someone can prove to me my 3 year old TV that went out (bought on BF) was just a dud. Other than that, NO MORE off brands, only name brands for a few years.

I was hoping to see somthing worth my time but for now I think I'll stay home and enjoy Thanksgiving day for a change like the way it is supposed to be celebrated. Best buy was my last hope for good deals. Keep in mind good deals mean great prices on great brands not the house brands. Good luck to you all who will be making the line this year. I hope you find what you are looking for. For me, I will toast for your good health and a great shopping on Black Friday. See you next year guys.

I have to say I agree 100% with it being a dull sale year.. I dug through every ad over and over and really see nothing I want for a price that is worth it and so it looks like I won't have to sleep outside again this year. Thank God...

Note to stores and suppliers.. I know the economy sucks and everyone is getting hurt right now but come on.... seriously.

..and to you Harmonix.. HOW ABOUT SOME ROCK BAND 2 DEALS ?????????

I think the lines at places with GREAT deals will be longer because of the economy this year. People need to make that money stretch.. I am almost done shopping but will be picking up extras this year on BF the deals posted here all year long have been a life saver. I LOVE shopping on line and getting such great deals.. no gas oney wasted..woohoo

This is the first year that I have a bestbuy in the area; based on the current ad there is nothing worth fighting the crowd for. If I am going to battle the Elements (live in Maine), and the crowd I want to save some decent money. I am thinking it will be a massive gift card X-mas.

Wow this really sucks.. 1 TB drive for 150$???? I got a 500 GB last year for like 60..

Last year the 500 gig at BB was $119, the 500 gig at Staples was $99. I was hoping to get a 2TB this year in the $150 range, doesn't look god so far. I was looking to get rid af all my smaller external HDs and get 2 huge ones to sore everything on. Currently I have 3870 gigs so I need 2 2tb, but I'm not going to pay $150 for a 1tb.

I am not impressed either. I might end up at BB though based on my friend who has $100 to spend on BF (got laid off) and just wants something nice. I might just buy some flash drive for $20 at BB and spend the rest of my $$$ overseas when I am on vacation in late Dec/early Jan.

Is there a fry's ad in here? I checked but i don't see one. So, I assume there isn't a ad for it.

Is there a fry's ad in here? I checked but i don't see one. So, I assume there isn't a ad for it.

The Fry's ad probably will not be out until next Wednesday at the earliest, and also the ads are VERY regional, so check your local newspapers for the most accurate ad and pricing.

Last few years spent 4-5K each . This year 45 bucks. Not worth sitting all night for.

People who make statements like these about how bad they think the ads are will be the people in front of you in line Thanksgiving afternoon.

They make these comments to have you believe the ads are horrible and not worth the hassle.

People who make statements like these about how bad they think the ads are will be the people in front of you in line Thanksgiving afternoon.

They make these comments to have you believe the ads are horrible and not worth the hassle.

Ya think!! :P

Yeah the ad really does stink. Stay away from my store... Although, if you want to show up in the afternoon you will be far behid me, lol. Maybe I should post the announcement that BB has cancelled all their sales this year and see if anyone who was planning to show up at my location actually stays home, lol. I would love to know where some of you people are going to be but I don't expect anyone to tell me. I have to see if the moderators can get me a banner or shirt to wear so if any of you are at my location you will recognize my name on here and we can hang out. About all I have let on to is that I am in the EST time zone, lol.

Yeah the ad really does stink. Stay away from my store... Although, if you want to show up in the afternoon you will be far behid me, lol. Maybe I should post the announcement that BB has cancelled all their sales this year and see if anyone who was planning to show up at my location actually stays home, lol. I would love to know where some of you people are going to be but I don't expect anyone to tell me. I have to see if the moderators can get me a banner or shirt to wear so if any of you are at my location you will recognize my name on here and we can hang out. About all I have let on to is that I am in the EST time zone, lol.

You tell me first. :D