Nothing special this black friday

moondancer69

I have reviewed the ads and I agree with everyone on here. A major disappointment this year. With this being a so called "terrible retail time" I was expecting deals that would literally pack the stores with shoppers. The deals are nothing more than regular sale priced items as they have been priced throughout the year.

I remember feeling disappointed last year and last year's BF was my worst yet! This year isn't shaping up to be any better and I feel less and less bad about having to work that day. I'm a little worried that it's me and my lack of Christmas spirit. Last year I blamed it on finishing grad school, but this year I don't have any excuse.

Everyone who shops BB during the holidays knows the best BF deals from Best Buy are announced the last week before Thanksgiving with unadvertised doorbusters that will be posted on their website. They've been doing it for a couple years now, and I have no doubt we'll see some crazy deals come across that everyone will be itching to buy. Their ad nearly always is nothing exciting, they save some of the best stuff till last minute so it doesn't leak out to their competitors.

With a little effort, you can get all (PC is what everyone else will have, fair deal, not a doorbuster so no standing in line for that one) the below for lower than the listed price already. :eyepoppin

While I would have liked to have seen the $200 laptop and $179 desktop listed I think they will still be added as usual.

Nice deal on the Nuvi 205. I like the $99 19" LCD Monitor. Decent price on the 1TB My Book. The $299 desktop is still a good deal. Good storage, memory adequate for my intended use, nice monitor, Vista Home Premium versus the Basic!

This will make for a nice PC for my 11 year olds. Neighbor needs a laptop and the Toshiba listed at $379 will be great for his needs.

No, I haven't bailed on BB this BF. I will be picking up these items and hoping for the usual late announced DBs.

Brad probably knows for sure, but was 12am Wednesday, but I can't remember if that was eastern or central time. I do remember it took a little while for the prices to start showing up on the website, but the website ran real well during the sale, I didn't have any issues navigating the website, and 0 errors.

Brad probably knows for sure, but was 12am Wednesday, but I can't remember if that was eastern or central time. I do remember it took a little while for the prices to start showing up on the website, but the website ran real well during the sale, I didn't have any issues navigating the website, and 0 errors.

Had to be eastern since I'm pacific and was done shopping just after 9:00PM Wed night.

Sometimes I think maybe I have just bought so many "amazing" deals in years past that the current year just looks okey dokey. But I'll be as the day gets closer, I have packed my coat with the essentials, have rewritten my lists for the 700 hundreth time, and the excitement is building.......I'll bet I come home again this year with "amazing" deals :)

I am A BF BB Shopper, camping out for the last 3 years with a lot of good luck.... I've got to know the management at my local best buy well and the talk at the store level is the same.... not the best BF Ad BB could muster... They think that they will still have the Lines go around the block with this ad like years past... just b/c people are "Used to doing it"

But they admit the AD is underwhelming and there are no KNOCKOUT deals....

I for one will skip this year and do the Online thing...

there's nothing worth waiting in line for 10 hours.

WOW!!!!! I really thought that this major retailer would have had some knock down deals! I was like Best Buy alright but then looking at the ad and i instantly got bummed. Yeah the lap top sounds good but i expected so much better deals and doorbuster knock down prices i guess. Oh well hopefully the next major retailer will have something better for us!

I would like to get dd13 the pink camera for $69, but don't want to wait in line for it. Anyone know where I can get one for about that price? It can be any camera brand, as long as it's pink and at least 7mp. I would also like the monitor deal. I think I can order that online, but the camera is a db.

Dynex is a private brand of BB. Below is a little more info.

Exclusive Brands

Best Buy owns some of the brands it sells. Best Buy currently has five private labels which include Insignia, Dynex, Init, Geek Squad, and Rocketfish. Insignia focuses on electronic equipment, including televisions, monitors, car stereos, home theater systems, and portable video and audio players.[24] VPR Matrix (discontinued) focused on personal computers and accessories including desktops, notebooks and computer monitors. Dynex focuses on a wide variety of economically priced computer and entertainment accessories such as storage media, data and power cables, webcams, and office supplies, with recent forays into electronics such as high definition LCD televisions. Init focuses on storage products such as media storage, equipment bags, totes and furniture for home theaters. The Geek Squad brand can be found on the company's high end computer accessories and cables. Rocketfish focuses on high end cables primarily used with home theater installation and setup as well as on computer accessories. Rocketfish is promoted as a brand that focuses on consumer input to develop its products. Insignia TVs and electronics include parts made by Toshiba, Sylvania, Sharp, Sony, and LG.

Glad it's not just me! I only wanted a 32 inch TV for my daughters room and I never heard of Dynex and the 499 for the Samsung is not a deal when I can get a 32 at walmart now for that price:( :(

WoW!!!! I was hoping to upgrade my laptop, but these deals are no great "doorbuster" deals like I was hoping for. For $70 more I can get the same Toshiba laptop at newegg.com and not have to camp out for 24 hours........ Really disappointed again this year :mad: