What time will you get to BB?

jennie_bebe

I'll get in line at the Moline, Il Best Buy at 10am Thanksgiving which will be 3 hrs earlier than last year which was 3 hrs earlier than the previous year which was 3 hours earlier than the year before that. Each year I was in about the same position in line...none further back than 25 or so. I have always been able to get what I intended to buy. I hope for a nice laptop this year.

Same here. 2 Years ago the line started at 3PM, last year about 12PM, this year I plan to be there at about 9AM, 10AM the latest. I keep track of what time others arrive and base my next year on being earlier than that, lol. Always get the the ticket items, and always one of the first, if not the first in line.

LOL!

No..no...no....all of you guys stay home until BF morning. :D

Not releasing my BF strategy!! :evilb:

I only discuss it because I will not reveal which BB I will be at. In someone in my area knew about this location or what time I was going to be there they would beat me to it. There are 2 other BBs within 40 minutes of my location and they are much more crowded. Don't need any of them catching on that the line at this location is much smaller. There was 5 miles of traffic around the one location last year at about 10PM. Long after I was on line, but still why let them know that that location is much busier.

Lets just ut it this way....I plan on standing in line for at least 17 hours this year. We now have 2 stores that are the same distance away from me, so i am wondering and debating on which one to go to. The newest one just opened in July of this year. I am ready to go now, just wish I had my Time Machine project finished!:smart:

Drove by BB today and I was very tempted to get on line except my wife is a party pooper and desn't want me to miss work for the next 2 weeks, lol

I want to try and get a laptop this year what time would I have to set up camp at bestbuy to get a doorbuster like that.

Some time before now and 5AM Black Friday.....

Seriously it depends on the location. If it's any of the locations that we are going to, we are die-hards and will always beat you to the location, lol. I would say the best bet is some time Thursday morning before 12 noon. In some locations near big cities you may want to get in line Wednesday night. If possible try driving by the location evey 30 minutes or so and get in line as soon as you see someone, or better yet, just get in line real early Thursday.

• 2 weeks later...

I am going solo this year. By the time I get there I hope to be one of the first. Following is the list of what I am bringing:

food and beverages (18-20hr supply)

retractible seats (2 extra in case my neighbor on each side needs one)

blankets (2 small and one large down filled)

zune player, amp and headphones (4 extra batteries for the amp)

magazines (most recent PCmag and Wired)

local newspaper for the day (ads included)

notepad for a list to keep the line in order

Open fires and propane burners are not allowed at this local BB, tents are discouraged and the electical receptacles on the outside of the building are shut off.

Any suggestions on what else to bring for creature comforts?

im going with my cousins and uncle this year.. We are planning to get there at 10 am Thursday morning (right after i get out of football practice)

My unles are comming late at night and my borthers are comming when the door opens so i have to get the tickets for them.. its gonna be great.. i dont know what im bringing cause im going to walmart when i arrive there

gonna be my 4th or 5th year doing this =D

Geez. I might have Dh drive down to ours to see if people are waiting yet LOL. Im not going this year and its killing me. I cant due to my surgery dh would kill me if I went out even though I suggested it but after yesterday dr appt I know its a No go for sure:(

Party pooper, lol. Letting a little surgery take you out of the most important day of the year? I know what you're saying though. I had surgery Monday myself and my doctor won't let me lift more then 10 lbs. for the next 6 weeks. That just means I need re-enforcements to help carry my stuff when I get it though. I was trying to put it off until next Monday so it wouldn't hurt my BF camp-out but the doctor wouldn't wait. I guess he doesn't care that I'm busy this week, lol. Unfortuneately it also means no coffee since it made me so sick when I had some last night, that's going to be the biggest pain unless someone bumps into me (which unfortuneately will probably happen). My doctor doesn't even recommend my going out for the next 2 weeks but that's not happening. In fact after hearing that lines are forming already I am going to be going at 1AM tonight rather than 7AM. Just gotta bring a few barf bags and make sure I get in and out quickly before I start feeling the pain :(

All set up at Best Buy in Cleveland. Got started about 11:45 AM. I am using the same 12x12 canopy in my picture, but with walls. We have a ceiling fan to keep the heated air down. As soon as the store closes we will fire up a generator. We have a 19" LCD and 5.1 surround to hook up. Nice and cozy! Now, only 32 hours till they open!

Yes, we are getting some stares!!

LOL, the stares are going in our direction too. I think the funniest look of all, though, is the famous double take. Like they didn't see what was going on the 1st time that they would have to give that double take. :yup:

Well what do you expect? OK yes we ARE crazy, but when they get on line for the sales we not only will be crazy, but we will be in front of them!!! lol. When they decide to start showing up and we're all in the fronts of the lines then they will be envying you not looking at you like your crazy. I get it every year. People in the back are like "did you hear what time they got here? they must be crazy" and then another says "yeah but they're first in line, I hope they aren't getting the items I wanted" lol. Remember how crazy you are and be proud of it, as you empty Best Buy of all the laptops deals lol. :cheesy::eyepoppin

Well the time has come. I'm packing now to get ready to go. I'll talk to you all again in a few days. I plan to come home to use the bathroom later tonight since I am less than 2 miles from BB so I'll try checking back with you guys later (when I also come on to see what other "secret sales" they have available). Best of luck to everyone, and HAPPY HUNTING!!!

I probably wouldn't hit up BB until about 7am or so, it will be one of the last stops - just for left over DVDs and CDs. Not even sure if it will be worth going then or not...

Just for a couple of cds and dvds??? Is it really worth it? I tried that one year when I started at a different store instead of BB and gave up when I saw a 2hr line at the checkout.

Well what do you expect? OK yes we ARE crazy, but when they get on line for the sales we not only will be crazy, but we will be in front of them!!! lol. When they decide to start showing up and we're all in the fronts of the lines then they will be envying you not looking at you like your crazy. I get it every year. People in the back are like "did you hear what time they got here? they must be crazy" and then another says "yeah but they're first in line, I hope they aren't getting the items I wanted" lol. Remember how crazy you are and be proud of it, as you empty Best Buy of all the laptops deals lol. :cheesy::eyepoppin

Well the time has come. I'm packing now to get ready to go. I'll talk to you all again in a few days. I plan to come home to use the bathroom later tonight since I am less than 2 miles from BB so I'll try checking back with you guys later (when I also come on to see what other "secret sales" they have available). Best of luck to everyone, and HAPPY HUNTING!!!

LOL, I know. I told my sister the same thing. They look now, but wait when THEY come at 4am Friday morning smiling because they think they are going to be walking off with one of the cheapie laptops, only to be suprised that the same ones they were staring at grabbed 'em up.:yup: