what clothing brand do you buy for your kids?

nelly

I am a Gymboree freak for my DD2, I love their sales and gymbucks, I also seem to have a 20% coupon. Their clothes wash up great and never had any problems with them. If they do shrink or tear they will refund your money (as a store associate told me) I like Gap too but can never find them cheap enough to buy for my taste because i am a hug bargain hunter. As for shoes I LOVE Pedipeds also. they are the BEST shoes every made. A little pricey but so well worth it. My DD2 also love her crocs.

I wish I could buy ahead but mine just grow so fast I never know if I should buy one size larger or two sizes larger to get something at the appropriate season.

I always keep the tags on and then if she happens to not wear that size...I donate to angel tree or even when she ends up with way too many clothes in a particular size..hang it in her closet with tags...at end of season the tagged things go in the angel tree bag.

My sister and brother are EXTREMELY picky (thanks to me) :blush: They will only wear name brand items but they are 16 and 14 now. But my sister had pretty much been like that most of her life. So we shop at Old Navy, Aeropostle, Nike, Adidas, a lot of the outlet stores she will wear. For her 16th birthday I did get her a Coach purse and wallet and lots of stuff from our outlet mall which probably saved me about 1000.00 from going to the actual stores, but I do find that the better quality the longer they last.

I'm a little old-fashioned and I love anything smocked & catalogs:D (Orient Expressed, Strausburg, Kelly's Kids, Chez Ami, Wooden Solider) Of course my dh hates it when I dress my ds1 in a jon-jon :( My kids have had LOTS of hand me downs, up until now. We have an outlet mall near us and I will be buying lots of stuff from there now. They have uniforms for school, so I don't worry too much with them. They have to be very basic, no logo, and really no style. I buy wm and tgt for play, and sometimes, if it's really cute to wear out too. I found the cutest dress last year at wm for less than $20 for easter. my dd6 got more compliments on it than a dress I paid almost 70 for at our local childrens store!!!! I can't really afford alot of the boutique brands now, so I shop on ebay, and at a childrens consignment shop. A friend recently decided to start selling on ebay, so she took me shopping (yard sales, church sales and consignment) to pick out really good brands to sell!!! she has almost doubled her money on everything she has sold!!!!!

DD when in middle school Hollister, Abercrombie and Fitch, and Am. Eagle. Now that she is older it doesn't matter to her as much. She still likes those stores, plus Vanity, Express and Victoria's Secret.

DS could care a less. He would wear the same clothes everyday if I would let him. However I did get him some jeans and shirt today from the 77kids with the free shipping and 20% off code. Thanks GD

I shop at Gap/Hollister/American Eagle/Abercrombie and Dillards. Occasionally Kohls for Levi's and shoes. I have boys and know what works for their builds and what will last a little longer. I actually had back pockets fall off of new jeans I bought at Walmart when they were little. UGH!!!

I use the KidVantage program at Sears all the time. My ds has gone through 4 pair of tennis shoes already this year. They have all kids clothes and shoes on the program. You exchange for the same size and item. One pair of shoes they didn't have when I needed to exchange them so they gave me a credit on a similar style. My ds always tears the knees out of his jeans and when he was smaller I always bought Toughskins for him. They have a reinforced knee. I think they were at Target. But I have started paying a little more and getting them at Sears so I can exhange them every couple months or sooner the way he tears them up.

Mostly all the kids' clothes are from Gymboree. I used to think that I couldn't afford to shop there until I found out how to work the sales along with coupons and realized that it is CHEAPER to buy there than it is to buy at Walmart most of the time. I buy jeans from Old Navy and TCP because they are much cheaper than Gymbo and hold up just as well. I also buy from Oshkosh outlet or Kohl's. I love Carters pajamas the best and their prices are awesome when they are on sale at Kohls.

I found that it depended on the kid. If I bought something that they did not like, then it didn't matter if it lasted forever because it wouldn't get worn.

I used to buy a lot at Target Clearance. Now I can't find a thing there....that they would wear.

gotta agree with you on this!

My kids are getting so picky as they age. :(

We buy different brands since both my kids are hard to fit. My dd age 9 needs a little more room in her clothes and ds needs alot less room. Sometimes that dictates where we buy. This year Old Navy jeans work for both. He can get slims and the plus size girls seem to run less plus than JcPenny's so they fit her better. Old NAvy holds up well, is adjustible and you have a few styles to choose from. Good enough name that kids don't get teased or anything. We also love Levis for jeans but they don't fit either kid this year. My son is still very small for 12 but he will probably begin shopping at Aeropostale once he grows a little more. That seems to be "in" without the huge price tags I see at Hollister and other similar stores. We always shop sales and I'm pretty good with finding deals on ebay to keep them somewhat in style.

My dd loves Limited Too but they really don't fit her well and I think some of the styles are too old for her. I love Gymboree for many reasons but often can't aford much unless i catch a sale or find something on ebay. I like the durability of Gymboree , the more rooming style and sizing of clothing so they are comfy and that the styles are more appropriate. I mean, my 9 year old can dress there...look nice...and look 9!

I guess my kids wear several different name brands but I never pay anything close to full price. It's all about knowing how to find a deal, I guess. I never think much of it until I have a friend tell me I need to teach her how to shop, etc. lol It has become more of a challange as my kids have become harder to fit but.....

Oh....with shoes...definitely look for a sale on name brand...especially for athletic shoes. Brands like Walmart, Kmart and Payless have better prices sometimes but they don't hold up well for us. A pair of Nikes or Sketchers or adidas last my kids twice as long as teh cheaper brands and I do not pay twice as much. If you shop the shoe discount racks at kohls, JcPenny's and Sears, you can find kids shoes for $20 or less quite often and Walmart wants $18 so.....I buy off the discount racks and buy ahead when i can and my kids are always in name brand. It does get harder to do as there feet get bigger, though.

I mostly buy off the clearance racks but my DS13 only wants American Eagle & Hollister. He'll also wear Abercrombie. All of his jeans are Ameri

Aeropastle, Old Navy & Gap might as well say Walmart across the front since the kids in his school don't wear them. I do buy clearance clothes from TJMaxx, Macy's & JCPenneys in brands such as Red Snap. He loves Under Armour but that is usually one shirt for each sport he plays and that's all I'll buy.

My DD12 could care less. DD9 just likes pretty, sparkly, pink, glitter, fancy, dressy etc.....although she likes Hollister shirts too,lol.

DS4 would wear anything at all.

Well like others I think it depends on the kids taste and style. For my DS who is 7 he likes the skater look so we get most of his stuff at Kohls, because of the Tony Hawk line, and Macys. We do buy jeans at Target and Old Navy though.

Youngest DD is 6 and we buy mainly from Justice and Gymboree. Gymboree clothes are pricey BUT they are more durable AND if they are in good condition they have a good resale value at consignment stores and ebay. I know I was lucky enough one year to get a TON of clothes there from older lines for cheap. I mean $5 for pants and shirts. DD wore them and I was able to sell them on Ebay for what I paid or more and she got to wear them! Just watch their sizing it can be off.

Oldest DD is 8 going on 18. She wears Limited Too and Justice she is starting to like Aero but she can only get tops the xs bottoms are still a tad too long. We do get jeans and plain tees at Target if I can't get them at Justice with a coupon for cheaper.

I buy only exclusive brands, um called CHEAP. But for kids Old Navy is cheaper than Target (or I think it is) but I get some pretty good deals at Gap also. I think the next step up the evoultionary scale for reasonably prices clothes is Banana Rebulic, but they don't have kids clothes. Some cute dresses, but no kids stuff. That's it for cheap. All of the higher priced stores usually have spme pretty good clearance if you find the right size.

My Daughter likes ( she is 14)..H&M ..Ross..Hollister..Pac-Sun,American Eagle...Wet Seal, Forever 21,Papaya... I find quality of clothing better and I shop the clearance and sales.. Edited by alleyc
add daughters age

When my kids were younger, I shopped at Gap, Old Navy, Penney's, Sears, Kauffman's (sold to Macy's now), etc....

Now that they're older though, it's more Abercrombie, PacSun, Hollister, Buckle, Boscov's (which is new to our area since my children were little or I'd have probably shopped here all along), Victoria Secret (for PJs for my daughter and such, not sexy lingerie). I do still shop a good bit at JC Penney's too.

Brand names from Boscov's, Buckle and PacSun would be, Roxy, Kirra, Quicksilver, DKNY, Apple Bottoms, Billabong, Hurley, Element, DC, Fox, O'Neill, Volcom, etc...