Some info on BB Black Friday

Guest CS.Dean

When and where do I find these deals?

Read this:

Also, before you whine too much, I can guarantee that BB is saving some of their best deals to be unveiled online right before BF like they did last year, so keep that in mind.

The week of BF they should be announced.

I am thinking the same thing! I know where to find the Ad Scans but BB is not there.

Help please!:D

Links to the adscans were posted by me earlier in this thread. They probably won't be posted with the rest of the scans for legal reasons.

Links to the adscans were posted by me earlier in this thread. They probably won't be posted with the rest of the scans for legal reasons.

You know what is funny, I have been on the phone with Verizon all morning trying to get my internet working, and the big thing I kept saying was I NEED to get on Gottadeal.com to see what ads they have! It ended up being an area problem and not at my home and just got fixed.

AHHHH!!:mad: (that is for Verizon)

Also, before you whine too much, I can guarantee that BB is saving some of their best deals to be unveiled online right before BF like they did last year, so keep that in mind.

Unfortunately for us the way Black Fridays are now you have to be in line Thanksgiving morning to even get any of the doorbusters. And I am just looking at the ad and saying its not inspiring me at all to stand in line. I'll check out the online deals but there isn't really anything at all i'm seeing so far making me want to stand in line at any store.

Brad;

Thanks for the info and posts. Looks like my hopes will be for other stores. Last year I hit BB and CC after 8am. Walked in and out with the dvds and games I wanted since that was all I needed and their deals were lackluster. Looking like more of the same if not worse this year.

I usually just go to BB after Target and Walmart for left-over DVDs and I have to say I was quite disappointed with the DVDs this year! What about the big titles that just came out/or will before BF like Hancock, Tropic Thunder, Iron Man, Indiana Jones, Fred Claus, Sisterhood 2?? And the TV seasons what more popular ones - 30 Rock, Ugly Betty, etc...?

I guess I'm just a bit confused by it!!!

OP, you have done a great service to your country. thank you for your effort. all around the country you can hear a sigh of relief.......

followed by a groan of disappointment.

yeah, a few decent deals, but nothing spectacular. hell, some are almost a lie.

32" dynex lcd, $400, says regularly $500. right now it is on sale for $450, and is on sale at that price about every other week most likely. you can get a comparable westinghouse, sylvania, etc for $400-450 right now.

seems like they are trying to pad numbers by including services and add ons.

some of the other TV deals are including the geek squad installation, a $200 value (hey, its what it says). they know that many will just never have this done, and that is just gravy on the sale. on the deal with the 47" insignia, it includes "TV & Video Set Up" and lists it as a $100 value. it says it includes connection of your TV and BR player. to what, each other? and is this an in home service, or an in store service? it doesnt say. if it is in store, wow, I really need to get in on that action. also says limited to warehouse qtys on hand. how is a service limited to qtys on hand?

on the computer deals, they including the Trend software to bump up the listed value and make the "savings" greater. many new systems come with trial or 1 year versions of AV software anyway, so this is a bit redundant.

camera deals are bundled with the pricey accessory kits or other add ons.

the GH3 bundle with 2 guitars is nice, and the 2 extra games on the xbox 360 isnt bad. you could get like $5 each for them at gamestop maybe.

all in all, I dont think it is worth my time. lets hope that they throw in some kick ass deals on the secret sale.

Thanks Brad. You rock.

I am so happy we went ahead and got the laptops we did for our kids. The one for DD10 we paid a difference of $20 and got more ram and a bigger HD. I guess I will be goin gto sleep early Wednesday, and getting up when the ads go online and shopping that way.

We are looking at the JVC 30gb camcorder with the battery and bag. I also need two of the Xbox games for $37.99

Yikes! This ad is terrible. Why no Blu-Ray TV seasons on sale? And how about some DECENT PS3 game doorbusters? Does anyone recall what the "secret" items were last year. Apart from cruising in to get a cheap copy of Transformers, I can't see any reason to swing by Best Buy at all.

yah I am not digging this ad either..... I was contemplating purchasing the 42" LCD no name on the posts this morning and this ad hit while I was contemplating.....Lets just say I purchased the no name brand. $549.00 shipped. Not too bad, If I don't want it, I am sure I could get rid of it for that......or make it a basement/bedroom tv.

I really hope their last minute deals make up for it.

The 2GB memory for $34.99 interest me (could upgrade my desktop and laptop for $70). I would have to a little more research to make sure its decent memory.

Also, Transformers on Blu-Ray for $9.99 is awesome price, I was really hoping for a bigger selection of Blu-Ray for around $15.

Also, the HP 14.1 w/ 4GB of ram laptop for $599 with free printer isn't all that great of a deal. They currently have the same HP laptop (different model #, but its probably the same PC) for $649. I may just buy it now and not have to deal with crowds, plus I already have 2 printers (part of free package deals) in my house I don't use.

Overall nothing really jumps out at me and makes me want to stay up all night. I may drive by the store around midnight and if the line is small I may stay to try and get Transformers and the memory, otherwise I will enjoy my sleep time. Maybe Circuit City or Target will come through and offer some really nice deals.

Yikes! This ad is terrible. Why no Blu-Ray TV seasons on sale? And how about some DECENT PS3 game doorbusters? Does anyone recall what the "secret" items were last year. Apart from cruising in to get a cheap copy of Transformers, I can't see any reason to swing by Best Buy at all.

I think that the ad so far is fine... no better than previous years, but not that much worse. Hopefully there will be many who agree with you.