TRU 2-day sale Nov. 7-8

lkn4brgn

I had a good old time with DH :kisses: shopping at Toys R Us 2 day sale, today

Not saying I got the deals of a lifetime, but I saved alot of :gd_dollar:gd_dollar:gd_dollar

Here is what I got on 1 receipt:

Singstar Country *newest release Bundle (2 mics, adaptor, PS2 disc) $45.99

Singstar 80's Bundle (2 mics, adaptor, PS2 disc) 45.99 (*DS has a January b-day, I am keeping this for his b-day)

Microphone protection plan $4.00

Brainteasers TRIAZZLE puzzle, Simpsons orig. 12.99, clearance tag said 7.98--it rang up $1.50 :yup:

So it was just over $100 and I used my 10 off coupon :holiday08 that was on the front of the toybook that came in the mail.

Ok receipt 2:

Singstar Legends Disk ONLY 29.99

Scene It Disney 2nd Edition, 28.99 and you got free with it :D the

Scene It Pirates Dead Men Tell no Tales *helps to feed my Depp addiction.

I bought from clearance Disney Trivial Pursuit 17.98 and

scrambled for the only other Brainteaser TRIAZZLE (now that I knew they were $1.50) This one was Toystory :)

Hyperdash for 14.99 :yup:

I used my coupon that was on the back side of the very same toybook and

checked out--getting $10 TRU giftcard!!!

We took the stuff out to the car and then used the $10. card to get back in line and buy

DONT Wake Daddy game which was 10.49

To top it off I purchased TRU giftcards from my supermarket, that earned me fuelperks, so I get money off on gas. :yup:

I was soooooo happy to get sooo much done!

It was CRAZY there, but it was very busy.

I had a good old time with DH :kisses: shopping at Toys R Us 2 day sale, today

Not saying I got the deals of a lifetime, but I saved alot of :gd_dollar:gd_dollar:gd_dollar

Here is what I got on 1 receipt:

Singstar Country *newest release Bundle (2 mics, adaptor, PS2 disc) $45.99

Singstar 80's Bundle (2 mics, adaptor, PS2 disc) 45.99 (*DS has a January b-day, I am keeping this for his b-day)

Microphone protection plan $4.00

Brainteasers TRIAZZLE puzzle, Simpsons orig. 12.99, clearance tag said 7.98--it rang up $1.50 :yup:

So it was just over $100 and I used my 10 off coupon :holiday08 that was on the front of the toybook that came in the mail.

Ok receipt 2:

Singstar Legends Disk ONLY 29.99

Scene It Disney 2nd Edition, 28.99 and you got free with it :D the

Scene It Pirates Dead Men Tell no Tales *helps to feed my Depp addiction.

I bought from clearance Disney Trivial Pursuit 17.98 and

scrambled for the only other Brainteaser TRIAZZLE (now that I knew they were $1.50) This one was Toystory :)

Hyperdash for 14.99 :yup:

I used my coupon that was on the back side of the very same toybook and

checked out--getting $10 TRU giftcard!!!

We took the stuff out to the car and then used the $10. card to get back in line and buy

DONT Wake Daddy game which was 10.49

To top it off I purchased TRU giftcards from my supermarket, that earned me fuelperks, so I get money off on gas. :yup:

I was soooooo happy to get sooo much done!

It was CRAZY there, but it was very busy.

It was funny to read your post - - I too bought gift cards at our local Safeway and used them at TRU. I figured I got my 5 points for each $$ spent at the food store, plus I earned toward my fuel program.. Made shopping at TRU reasonable.

My mom tried to get other play food sets as well but no such luck. I told her to be careful that it was only certain just like home play food sets. She tried to get 2 other just like home play food sets but they weren't b1g1. She also got a little shopping cart, which she knew wasn't b1g1 but she wanted it and she also got her something else. She said she got 6 things including the 2 I wanted and her total was only $60. She was there around 2:30. When she got to checkout they said the sale doesn't start til 3 but they would let her checkout early. My mom said there were a bunch of people in there and they were also buying up stuff from the ad and letting them checkout early too.

It was funny to read your post - - I too bought gift cards at our local Safeway and used them at TRU. I figured I got my 5 points for each $$ spent at the food store, plus I earned toward my fuel program.. Made shopping at TRU reasonable.

Yes! you need to save on anything you can, whenever you can...:D

I just feel relieved--and they had everything I was looking for!

People had carts overflowing at my store. I haven't seen many posts on this thread, maybe people are still shopping/coming home from their TRU adventure.

Now I have to hide all of this...:shock:

My mom tried to get other play food sets as well but no such luck. I told her to be careful that it was only certain just like home play food sets. She tried to get 2 other just like home play food sets but they weren't b1g1. She also got a little shopping cart, which she knew wasn't b1g1 but she wanted it and she also got her something else. She said she got 6 things including the 2 I wanted and her total was only $60. She was there around 2:30. When she got to checkout they said the sale doesn't start til 3 but they would let her checkout early. My mom said there were a bunch of people in there and they were also buying up stuff from the ad and letting them checkout early too.

Good for your mom :)

My store would NOT let anyone check out early. There were lines 15 deep at 3:15p.m. :rolleyes: Still didn't damper my mood. :)

I am going up there tomorrow to see what else I want, if anything. I wanted my mom to go today to make sure I would get the play food sets. I didn't want to risk them being sold out by the time I got up there tomorrow. I might just go ahead and buy the step 2 50's diner and if it is cheaper on BF anywhere else then I will return it.

I am going up there tomorrow to see what else I want, if anything. I wanted my mom to go today to make sure I would get the play food sets. I didn't want to risk them being sold out by the time I got up there tomorrow. I might just go ahead and buy the step 2 50's diner and if it is cheaper on BF anywhere else then I will return it.

I have seen that DINER and love it :D wish I had a girl so I could get one. :yup:

Were other TRU stores well stocked? Mine was so-so they had 3 kitchens and no tool benches, a lot of chicken elmos. I was there at 2.

Today I bought some of the Just Like Home stuff. I paid for the deli food set and got the McDonalds food backpack free. I paid for a pot and pan set and got the dish set free. I also bought a ds starter lunch box, a bag of pink megabloks, and a FP Rainforrest doll carrier. I have 3 kids and DD17 months currently has way more than my sons! Girl stuff is way too cute and fun to buy!

Were other TRU stores well stocked? Mine was so-so they had 3 kitchens and no tool benches, a lot of chicken elmos. I was there at 2.

Today I bought some of the Just Like Home stuff. I paid for the deli food set and got the McDonalds food backpack free. I paid for a pot and pan set and got the dish set free. I also bought a ds starter lunch box, a bag of pink megabloks, and a FP Rainforrest doll carrier. I have 3 kids and DD17 months currently has way more than my sons! Girl stuff is way too cute and fun to buy!

I remember the other play food set my mom got, it was the mcdonalds one. She also got a tea set and one food set that was like in a bag or something. None of those were included in the promo (or so they told her) but she got them anyway. On her receipt it only shows 1 free play food set which was the betty crocker one!!! They told her the dishes and pots and pans werent part of it either. I am totally gonna check that out when I go tomorrow and go get the food stuff my mom bought and return it if the dishes and pans and stuff are part of it.

I went in today and had no luck with the play food sets. The only ones they were doing b1g1 was for the 2 of them in the ad. They weren't even doing them on any other just like home sets, only the ones pictured. Even though the ad says ALL just like home play food sets and so did the sign at the store!! They had signs up today. I also went ahead and bought the 50's diner. If I find it cheaper I will return it. I also got a mater tow truck and a mater shake and go car. We are always trying to find mater toys at walmart with no such luck. Mater is my dd's fav character from Cars. So when we saw those we bought them. I also got the $10 gc with $75 purchase and I got a Ming Ming (from the wonder pets) for $5. I think I am pretty much done xmas shopping for my DD. Or so I am telling myself but I know I will probably buy her more stuff on BF!

I DO! lol I have the ad...they sent it to me with a package I received from an online order. I actually scanned it but the file is too big to attach here :confused: I really don't want to type it all out either. Any ideas on how I can get it posted? It is a pdf and is 2.02 MB

PM Brad and ask him cause I wanna see it! :D or if that doesn't work you can just email it to all of us. lol.