Gifts for Nurses

I have a special needs GD and I am looking for gifts for her nurses. She has 6 of them that come into the house and they are just wonderful with her. Since I have to buy for so many any good deals would help. I already bought bags to put the goody's in, now I just have to find them

Thank you so much

I have a special needs GD and I am looking for gifts for her nurses. She has 6 of them that come into the house and they are just wonderful with her. Since I have to buy for so many any good deals would help. I already bought bags to put the goody's in, now I just have to find them

Thank you so much

Find a local manicure place and see if you can get a deal on just a soak and polish should be $5-7 dollars...not the full 1 hour pedicure..or just talk tothe owner and tell them the situation...maybe you can get a deal with them and maybe they will end up with new business....

I was a nurse prior to getting a latex allergy. You know teh best gifts were cookies or maybe a pizza gift card. When you work fulltime ii is so great to have those things . God bless you and your family it cannot be easy if your granddaughter needs that much care.

lotions and pens are great ideas. all nurses like these. but you could also find one of those ornament places that has nurse's ornaments that are inexpensive and have the place date it and maybe put each of their names on them. around the holidays, you can find ornaments for just as cheap as lotion. i am sure that the nurse's would cherish the ornament for years to come! (and it would be a sweet reminder of your GD)

this store is located near gatlinburg, tn, but i am sure that you can find a place near you. the ornaments are priced reasonable, but the shipping is a little pricey.

http://www.christmasplace.com/shopping/product-listing.cfm/Christmas%20Ornaments/Occupational/Doctor-Nurse/0/0/0/0/0/0/0/0/0/0/0/0

Edited by gingersunshine

Be careful not to spend much as there is a $$ value limit as to what you can accept from

a patient and or their families (in most places that I know of)

A gift card for a Pizza and soda is always nice, especially after a long 12 hour shift :yup:

I have a beautiful poem that I received from a friend when I moved that I think they would like. You could print it and just put it in a cheap frame. It means a lot to me. It's called "When the Lord made Nurses..." It almost brings me to tears everytime I read it. If interested PM me.

Oh Thanks everyone. I appreciate it. Most of the nurses do work 12 hour shifts. I think I will pick up some gift cards. And maybe a little something else.

My son is going through a divorce shortly and he is just special with the kids. I never thought I would see my problem child doing all the stuff he does for his kids. It is a lot of work sending her back and forth. She didn't want to let him take her at all. But he has her 4 day a week. He also has a son that is 9 months older than her. She will be 3 in December

Thank you and God Bless

Oh I almost forgot, I would love to have that poem from chrissy1979c but it says I don't have enough posts to pm her. If someone could help get it to me I would appreciate it

Edited by HarleyDiva
forgot something

That is the poem I was talking about. (The ones Kandy sent the link for) Sorry, I didn't realize you didn't have enough to PM me, but I didn't want to have to take up so much space typing it. I had received it as a going away present and it was honestly the best present I've ever received as a gift.