Sears Black Friday Ad Posted

Brad

If your looking for an HD dvd player then check ebay. HD is a dead format, blu-ray won the war with Toshiba finally pulling the plug on it after all the movie studios opted not to continue producing dvd's in both HD and Blu-ray, sticking with blu-ray only. I have a nice HD dvd player that was a total waste of money now.

sorry I meant to say im eyeing the blu ray player that they have in the BF ad lol.

Brad, when you go to set up your shopping list is everything from the ad listed on that list? I can't find the 4 piece barbecue tool set. Maybe I am over looking it? It's on page 45 of the ad.

not everything was typed up for several reasons (missed something, prices were MSRP, some things like tires we skipped, etc...). i'll try to add the items that people request, and you can also just include them in the "notes" field of your shopping list as well.

I thought all the TVs were pretty expensive -- for BF. Despite the funky model number (PN50A400), that 50" 720p samsung looks like the same tv Best Buy has had on special lately. For $40 more I got a htib and free shipping without waiting in line.

This plasma a good deal? How well do sports games look on a plasma set?

Does anyone else find it weird that in the ad, some of the prices are the final prices, after rebates and instant savings. However some of the items say the price before instant savings or rebates or such. What does this mean? (For example the 42" plasma panasonic 'says 999 before 300 instant savings, yet the dvd/vcr player a few items below it says 49 after mail in rebates and instant savings.) Why would they do ea'ch item differently?

Does anyone else find it weird that in the ad, some of the prices are the final prices, after rebates and instant savings. However some of the items say the price before instant savings or rebates or such. What does this mean? (For example the 42" plasma panasonic 'says 999 before 300 instant savings, yet the dvd/vcr player a few items below it says 49 after mail in rebates and instant savings.) Why would they do ea'ch item differently?

Some manufacturers have a minimum advertised price (MAP) for certain items and stores can't show the actual final price if it is below that amount, so they show the regular price and savings and let you do the math to get around the rule.

Some manufacturers have a minimum advertised price (MAP) for certain items and stores can't show the actual final price if it is below that amount, so they show the regular price and savings and let you do the match to get around the rule.

Ok thanks for the info, i never had any idea.

This plasma a good deal? How well do sports games look on a plasma set?

I have the PN50A450. It has the same specs as the PN50A400, so maybe Sears gets a special part number? Anyway my Samsung 50" 720p plasma looks great. No motion problems on sports (watched the Pats this Sunday). Blu-ray is breathtaking. I had hoped to see better BF prices on TVs (I paid $977 for this set plus a 1200w 5.1 HTIB inc upconverting 5 disk dvd player and will be getting $50 cash back from Best Buy -- shipped free). So, I don't think you will need to wait in line for a deal like this,

I do like/recommend the set.

Looks like it is going on sale at CC for $930 after code 3LAF35ZAA5 (can't confirm, site is updating). Can't stand in line for $30.

For people concerned about 720p vs 1080p, I urge you to use your eyes, but here is some professional analysis of the value of 1080p...

http://reviews.cnet.com/4520-6449_7-6810011-1.html

120hz lcd...

http://reviews.cnet.com/4520-6449_7-6810011-1.html

and the obligatory lcd vs plasma...

http://www.cnet.com/1990-7874_1-5108443-2.html?tag=rb_content;rb_mtx

There's lots more out there, but plasma looks better at the same price point, lcd is better in a brightly lit room, and 1080p only matters when you are *very* close.

Edited by len_mullen

i cant remmeber the conditions last year on the November 16th sale. Will the Sony HDMI Dvd player and the Sony blu-ray be included that night and does the sale go on online too and if so what time? I should remember all this lol.

edit-nevermind I went to the thread for that sale and found out the details. Too bad that the Blu-Ray player is a doorbuster because it wont be included on Nov 16th.

Edited by Tigger97498

in the Xbox 360 Pro 60GB Holiday Bundle System do you get the two games wireless controller and the wireless adapter? for 300$

Microsoft Xbox 360 Pro System Xbox 360 60GB Holiday Bundle includes Lego Indiana Jones and Kung Fu Panda

Package Content

Xbox 360 Elite Console System

Wireless Controller

Headset

Power Adapter

Power Cord

Network Cable

Component HD AV Cable

HDMI Digital AV Cable

Xbox LIVE Silver Membership

newegg has it now for $312.98 shipped to your door.

My guess: an extra $70. The electric dryer in the ad is Sears #88042. The gas dryer is likely item #98042.

Hi there, thanks for asking/answering this question, I saw the fine print on the scan and noticed it said gas dryer would be more. I was about to ask that question myself, but found your reply.

Assuming that is the correct gas dryer, I scrolled down and found that there was only one review for it...and it doesn't look good. Here it is:

"I have had this dryer less than 2 yrs and it is already broken. The challenge with this dryer is that the problem has to do with the electric panel so your avg repair person has to order the part which takes too long - so you are stuck using Sears repair people, which is way overpriced for the value of the dryer.

It seems ridiculous to me that this would break so soon. We do not overload or overuse and are very disappointed with this."

*Please remove that quote if I am not allowed to add it to the post.

Brad (or anyone), I have a stupid question, I have my eye on the 9.2 mp Kodak digital camera for $80 :D It say "Doorbuster" and I see another item on the same page taht says "Doorbuster Friday 5am - Noon Only", so is it safe to say that the camera should be on sale Friday and Saturday? :confused: I wont be there on BF, but if it will be on sale Friday and Saturday, then I could go Saturday and get it and not have to possibly pay shipping and have to wait for it to come.

Brad (or anyone), I have a stupid question, I have my eye on the 9.2 mp Kodak digital camera for $80 :D It say "Doorbuster" and I see another item on the same page taht says "Doorbuster Friday 5am - Noon Only", so is it safe to say that the camera should be on sale Friday and Saturday? :confused: I wont be there on BF, but if it will be on sale Friday and Saturday, then I could go Saturday and get it and not have to possibly pay shipping and have to wait for it to come.

If it says Doorbuster, it is 5am to noon on Friday only.

Thanks for the info.

Allison

Microsoft Xbox 360 Pro System Xbox 360 60GB Holiday Bundle includes Lego Indiana Jones and Kung Fu Panda

Package Content

Xbox 360 Elite Console System

Wireless Controller

Headset

Power Adapter

Power Cord

Network Cable

Component HD AV Cable

HDMI Digital AV Cable

Xbox LIVE Silver Membership

newegg has it now for $312.98 shipped to your door.

I know it is by no means a deal to get the DS bundle at the same price as last year but I am so excited to see the Red Mario DS with Mario game. My son (a mario fanatic) wants an all red DS and they only sell them in europe (which requires an electric adapter so they can be plugged into US outlets). Also the game it comes with is the one I was planning to buy him anyway. I wonder if any other stores will have the same deal with a mario starter kit included. His B-day is in March so he wont be getting another DS games til then.

Do you think DS games will be cheaper after X-mas or should I get the B-day games during the BF/holiday sales?

What time do you think I would need to get in line at sears to ensure I get a Red DS?

Any idea what the sears policies are... Do they use tickets for doorbusters or just a whoever gets to it? Where would the DS's be... what department? Out in the open or behind a counter etc?

Thank you for any tips I have my heart set on getting my son this DS!

Does anyone know the price match policy for Sears? Reason I ask is I have my eye on the Panasonic Lumix TZ4 camera that appears in the black friday ad. I called my store today and they said that as long as it's not a doorbuster they will price match anything within 30 days as long as I come in on BF for that promo price. However when I stopped at that same store later in the day I asked the clerk and he said no, we will not price match a BF price, even if it's not a doorbuster. I am going on vacation next week so I was hoping to get this camera early and take advantage of the price match policy next month.. Any thoughts or past experiences are greatly appreciated, thanks!