>>> Official Black Friday GPS NAVIGATION SYSTEM Discussion Thread <<<

Marcster

I ahve been on and off the fence. It would come in handy for some trips that I ahve taken and also when my parents and/or sister go different places.

However, most of the deals in store seem to be very close to what I can find online if I just pay attention and keep an eye out.

IF ther was a CC near me NOT closing, I would probably jump for that Garmin since it has the text to speech and the widescreen.

At this point though, I will probably jsut end up waiting untila fter the first of the year unless something pops up between now and then.

how good is that gps though?

Navigon is a great up-and-coming GPS company that has just entered the US market a few years ago. When I bought my first GPS, I bought the 4.3" version of this model, and it's the best GPS ever.

If you buy Navigon FreshMaps (12 map updates over 3 years) you get a free upgrade to the latest operating system and it's alot smoother than the others.

Navigon offers alot of great features like, Exit Assistant:

http://www.crunchgear.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/navigon-7200_lane.jpg

It visually shows you what the exit looks like and 3D view maps:

http://www.gpsreview.net/wp-content/uploads/navigon-7200t-landmarks.jpg

i ended up getting the Megallan 1412 at WalMart for $147.

I got the Megellan 1212 from Best Buy for the $79.99 - $25.00 gift card that I got from Best buy because I spent more than $200. So I ended up paying about $55 (not including tax). I am very happy with my purchase even though I have no idea how to use this thing. I figured for what we are going to do with it (house hunting..we don't travel :() I got a pretty good deal. :fluffy:

If anyone still wants a TomTom 125, you can get it for $75 + tax w/ FREE SHIPPING!

Go onto staples.com, add the TomTom at $99, plus a Tape Dispensor at .29 cents. It will get you over $100. Then go onto eBay, buy a 25 off 100 staples coupon. Apply the code at checkout and you'll be owning a TomTom for $75 + eBay coupon purchase + tax!

Hey Guys! The Magellan is BACK IN STOCK at BestBuy.com! $79.99! :fluffy:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=1211454748496&type=product&skuId=8882845

oh man, this is the one I originally wanted, but it was not in my local bestbuy ad :(

The price is now $199.

I'm holding onto a tomtom 125 and a garmin nuvi 200 (both for $99) still trying to decide between them, but wouldn't be beyond returning both of them if the right alternative deal came along...

I stayed up till 3:30 am Thanksgiving morning trying to get 2 of the Magellan 1212's from BB. I finally gave up and went to bed. Got back up at 6:30 and checked and they were finally for sale online and was able to buy 2 (one for me, one for mom) for $79.99! Yay! Can't wait to get them! Don't know that I'll even really use it all THAT often...but that was too good a price to pass up!

I stayed up till 3:30 am Thanksgiving morning trying to get 2 of the Magellan 1212's from BB. I finally gave up and went to bed. Got back up at 6:30 and checked and they were finally for sale online and was able to buy 2 (one for me, one for mom) for $79.99! Yay! Can't wait to get them! Don't know that I'll even really use it all THAT often...but that was too good a price to pass up!

It's nice for a longer trip (90 minutes or more) even if you know full-well how to get there if only just to see the estimated time of arrival and miles to go countdown. But, if you know how to get to the location, mute the volume...