Christmas breakfast???

sem615

MMMM....cinnamon rolls from a tube are awesome!! I actually do love them. When I was a kid they were a super duper treat!! Want some now!

We alos have store bought canned cinnamon rolls and bacon every year for Christmas morning breakfast!!!!!!

can you make monkey bread the night b4 then bake it in the morning?

I don't think it would turn out right. The yeast in the rolls starts to rise abit once it is

out of the can. They only take a few minutes to make. I just throw in my cinnamon sugar

mixture in a ziploc, drop in the cut up rolls and shake and mix well. I then put them into

the bundt pan and pour over the butter and vanilla and put them into the oven. The whole

thing takes less than 10 minutes

We are a strange family. We have Christmas cookies for breakfast on Christmas morning. It just sort of started a few years ago when the kids were really little. After opening all the gifts, the kids are usually anxious to get them out of the box and play with them. Dh and I get so busy doing all that, we just grab something quick and easy and that is usually cookies. Over the years it has just gotten to be a tradition. In my opinion, cookies aren't much different than donuts, so why not. Besides, its only once a year. We have a big meal later, so its no biggie.

We are a strange family. We have Christmas cookies for breakfast on Christmas morning. It just sort of started a few years ago when the kids were really little. After opening all the gifts, the kids are usually anxious to get them out of the box and play with them. Dh and I get so busy doing all that, we just grab something quick and easy and that is usually cookies. Over the years it has just gotten to be a tradition. In my opinion, cookies aren't much different than donuts, so why not. Besides, its only once a year. We have a big meal later, so its no biggie.

I've argued for this since I was a little girl. It makes perfect sense to me (my parents never bought it though). I don't think that they could be any worse than the cinnamon rolls that my parents fixed and we tend to do also. Especially if they were an oatmeal raisin or something of that sort.....We used to have leftover sausage balls a lot from the parties that my parents had to take dishes to etc, in the week or so before Christmas. I've made them a couple of times a day or so earlier then we just reheated them.

I don't think it would turn out right. The yeast in the rolls starts to rise abit once it is

out of the can. They only take a few minutes to make. I just throw in my cinnamon sugar

mixture in a ziploc, drop in the cut up rolls and shake and mix well. I then put them into

the bundt pan and pour over the butter and vanilla and put them into the oven. The whole

thing takes less than 10 minutes

Ok thanks! we have to go eat breakfast at my DH's Grandparents house every christmas morning usally we are there early this year since our son is older and will want to play with his toys i wanted to maek something that we could snack on while opening gifts to hold us over till around 10 when we go and actually eat breakfast... I don't really like cinnamon rolls from the can so i really did'nt wanna make that but this sounds good easy and light! it just takes a while to bake though (the recipes i've seen) so i am still undicited i am glad this thread is on here! ;)

That sounds like something we will do with our son when he is older. We have a busy Christmas Day! Who doesn't like Christmas cookies anyway!?!

We always cook a link of sausage on the big grill while DH is cooking the pig for Christmas dinner. The meat market always gives it to us with the purchase of the pig. THey make it themselves and it is great. We eat it on hotdog buns with tons of mustard. Can't wait until Christmas. I begged dh all weekend to let me put my tree up.

anyone do coffee cake on Christmas Day, I was debating that . I tried a french toast casserole by Paula Deen the other day and oh my word it was like a sugar overhaul , really not much sugar, but it had a pecan / praline type topping and lord have mercy, you didnt even need syrup.

But we have to always have a light breakfast , sort of cause lunch time , we have sandwiches, the dinner, we always have steak, potato, salad and gobs of desserts.

We do the same thing! In fact, what I've started to do is set out a pretty platter of cookies with some bows on it for Christmas morning. As soon as Jake's done opening his gifts, DH and I start putting them together and we all dig in to some cookies! I try to make them really pretty and special. It's so easy, and we eat at my Gram's and my MIL's on Christmas day so we don't need a huge breakfast.