Target: Frequently Asked Questions + Price Adjustments

mysticmage

I have a price adjustment question-- does anyone know if they will price adjust items purchased online? I just purchased the "Wii" pajama set that is going to be on sale for $15 on BF and I'd be pleased as punch if I can get $5 bucks back from that...

I'm pretty sure that Target.com and Target stores are two separate things. I don't think they can price adjust items that were bought online.

We're able to make adjustments on sale merchandise if we advertise a lower price either the same week or the week following your Target purchase.

Does this mean an item has to be advertised in their weekly ad before the 2 day sale to qualify for the price adjustment?

I spoke with the store manager at my local Target today. He said yes, they will give price adjustments on BF items as long as I bring my receipt in during store hours on Friday or Saturday. After I spoke with him, I proceeded to snoop around and see if I could find any of the items I wanted, and low and behold, they had several of the BF items already on display on endcaps!!!:eyepoppin I picked up the two main things I wanted and think I'll go back later to get the rest!! :D

I have a question. My mother bought a flip it floor cleaner a little while back for me, and I also got one not knowing she did this. I got a gift card with my purchase and I used the gift card right after I got it. Well, I was going to return my flip it and was wondering what they do about the gift card.

I suggest that you e-mail Target inquiring about their policy. Also bring your cell phone, and the corporate # written down. If they give you more hassle, ask for their district manager's name and office # as you are calling corporate cs. Good luck.

That really burns my :shock: because that store manager doesn't own the store. Target does, and Target corp.is sending many,many other people e-mails stating that they do honor adjustments. Target creates store policy, and they hire management to execute the policies, not the other way around.

I have a question. My mother bought a flip it floor cleaner a little while back for me, and I also got one not knowing she did this. I got a gift card with my purchase and I used the gift card right after I got it. Well, I was going to return my flip it and was wondering what they do about the gift card.

On your receipt it will usually show the price of the item and then below that the gift card amount and then under that the return value of the item - which is basically the price minus the gc value. So if the item was on sale for $50 and you got a $10 gc then the return value of the item would only be $40.

Just a note that I asked at my Target today and was told that they had just had an in-store discussion and they will NOT be honoring price adjustments on BF. So YMMV.

NO this shouldn't be a YMMV matter. Corporate is clearly saying in emails to everyone all over the country that the Target Corporation allows price adjustments within that 2 week time frame (or however they word it). Do NOT let your store get away with this. I would email or call Target's customer service NOW to speak with them and tell them what your store said so they can hopefully get it straightened out before this Friday/Saturday.

I had to edit this to add - they DO NOT state in their email responses that it is up to the individual store/manager to make that decision. This is a COMPANY POLICY - nationwide. Please don't let your store get away with doing something like that.

I'm afraid that Target will catch on to what we are all doing and make up a policy that price matching won't work on the 2 day BF sale. All of the emails and such may back fire b/c of the number of people doing this and bringing it to their attention.

I haven't read the rest of this thread yet, and this is just my humble, personal, HOPEFUL thoughts being expressed.

I was brand new to the site last black friday season and I did not buy ahead and go in Target on BF but wished I had.It would have saved hours of time for me.

There were many many people here who did last year, and many who emailed prior to BF and asked the policy.

I certainly feel that Target would have "caught on" sooner that just from us in the past week or two.

Maybe they are being smart and would rather have some adjustments to make and ALOT of happier customers, and even if they are making $4 less on some DVD or board game--they could be selling 5,000 more of them at every store, per day because of it.

So I am just going to keep positive and try to do what many others did last year.

And if they do not adjust my items, yes I will be out of luck, but they will have about $600 dollars worth of merchandise to put BACK on their shelves.....:yup:

With Target talking price cuts and slumping sales I highly doubt that corporate will do anything to turn away customers this holiday season. I have price adjusted at my Target on regular items but this is my 1st attempt at BF ad adjusting. I hope it will work out b/c like many others have said it will be alot of extra work on them to have to restock my whole purchase on the busiest day of the season!

I went today and got the dual dvd player (displayed on an endcap), the Garmin GPS, a couple of games and toys. I hope this works! But there's really no downside - if they say no I'll just return the stuff, but man I'll fight them if they say no (I've already got my email) ;)

After reading this forum,I decided to go ahead and get some things this morning off the BF list.I asked the CS lady about price adjusting this weekend and even she suggested to me to get some things now and then come back later for the PA!

I also opened a credit card with them and saved an extra 10% off my total purchase: that saved me $77.I got the GPS I wanted,a Wii console,some games,cell phone and lots of other things.I will get to Target on Saturday and pick up whatever I else I can find from the 2 day sale.

The sales associates are the best at Target! The one who suggested applying for the cc and getting 10% off,also found me a coupon for $5 off MarioKart that were available in a booklet in store :).

I went to target today and got everything i wanted on black friday. when i paid I asked if they would do a price adjustment on the weekend and they tried to tell me that they don't it on black friday. Even after I stated that I had a email for corporate ! They also said that they find out about everything last ...but i plan on fighting tooth and nail on friday to get the price adjestment. I'm taking the email and unless they show me a email from corporate saying they are not doing it for black friday , I will get it.........hopefully

I plan on only going to target to price adjust. If i get it , it will totally wipe out having to spend 2 hours in that store, because like i said i got everything on my list. Ipod dock , guitar hero bundle , jewerly case , dual dvd players and more !!!

What worries me about it is that even though it is a corporate decision it is a local customer service employee that I am dealing with. They may or may not know the rule and they may or may not care about it... I feel a little better with Target as I have their corporate email, but WalMart's corporate told me to talk to a local manager... so I did, but I am more nervous about that as I have nothing to really back me up on it. But, as you said, I have no major purchases to get so if it falls through they can just lose my business instead. And you'd better believe I will be pointing that out, that I will just take my ad and price match them at their competitor instead, no problem, thank you very much... Hope that does it.

I went sunday and purchased the guitar hero world tour for wii and the hamilton beach stand mixer. I called two local targets today. One said I could get price adjustments on "some" items, but she would not elaborate on what "some" included and the other store said no problem. So I'll be ready with my email from Target. I can't wait. I even got to use a $20 giftcard I received from transferring a prescription. So that Guitar Hero will end up being $39!!!!

Wanting to buy 2 flat screen tvs this BF but being unable to get to Target til after noon, I emailed guest relations at Target and asked about theri price adjustment policy, specifically for Black Friday. They nicely emailed me a copy of the generic policy. So I went to my local target, grabbed the TVs and went to the service desk just to be sure I could get the adj on BF. They told me "nothing in the 2 day ad will be price adjusted" ! I tried to argue but there was only a brand new manager on who had no clue. So I left the TV's went to my car and CALLED Target guest relations. They informed me that the policy had no exclusions. I went back into the stroe and again was told "sorry - not happening". I called GR while in the store but the manager refused to talk to them! By this time I had been in the store well over an hour and finally said forget it! When I got in my car - I called the Target in the next town over. They said "absolutley - you can get the price adjustment on BF!" The person I spoke to then confirmed with her manager, gave me her name and the name of the person who would actually be in the store on BF and told me "no problem". So I hopped over there - got my 2 TVs and while I was in electronics - the young man actually told me that these TVs were going on sale Friday and to be sure to bring in the receipts so I could get the price adjustment! They could not have been more accomodating! The other Target has lost my business completely - it is definitely worth the extra 15 minute ride to go to this other, more accommodating store. So I got my TVS, will be getting my price adjustment on BF and all is well in the world! So try a different stoe if you don't get the answer you want!

I called a friend this morning that works at Target and she didn't call back right away & I was going to Target anyways so I asked and was told yes they will adjust the price as long as you come in and do it when the item is on sale. She told me that if I knew it was going to be on sale that I should do buy it today. After I bought the only thing that I needed to go to Target for on BF, my friend called back and said that they got an email that they have to do it if anyone asks because it is their policy to do price adjustments as long as it's within 14 days and even on BF.

My local Target told me when I called today that they wont PM for the 2 Day Sale.....so, SCREW them, Im not going there!

I called my local WalMart and told them I saw the commercial about PMing (ok, I fibbed, but hey, everybody else did;)) and the assistant manager confirmed PMing and even used Target as an example, which is the store I seen the item I need PMed. She just told me to make sure I bring the ad....YAY Walmart!!

Edited by mommyofanangelb

Hello everyone! I just found this site after searching for Target BF ads. After finding this awesome suggestion of the price matching and doing some research, I called my local Target. After getting in touch with the operator, she told me "No, I don't think you can do that, but let me ask." After waiting about 15 seconds, she came back and said, "Yes, you can." So, I'm probably going to buy the Westinghouse TV tonight. I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks, mystic, for the suggestion!

Hello everyone! I just found this site after searching for Target BF ads. After finding this awesome suggestion of the price matching and doing some research, I called my local Target. After getting in touch with the operator, she told me "No, I don't think you can do that, but let me ask." After waiting about 15 seconds, she came back and said, "Yes, you can." So, I'm probably going to buy the Westinghouse TV tonight. I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks, mystic, for the suggestion!

No problem, good luck :)

I picked up a TV as well, my manager was very nice about it and said that they would have not problems doing it on Black Friday. Expect a how did your adjustment go thread similar to last year to confirm for next year's group that it does work ;)

I just went today, after confirming with two different Guest Services employees, that I could indeed get a price adjustment on either Fri. or Sat. I ended up buying one of the Little Tykes cameras, the Hello Kitty tent and the Cars DVD. I wish that I'd have picked up the Scooby Doo game too but I didn't have enough cash.:( Nothing too serious since this is my first time trying the price adjustment thing.

My whole thought behind this is that I'll avoid the craziness and lines on BF. However, for those of you that have done this before: How bad is the Guest Services line to get the PA? Is there a down time for when to do this? I'm envisioning one or two employees handling a really long line making the whole thing just as bad as if I'd just gone shopping on BF in the first place. Am I overreacting?