Swoopo.com (anyone ever used it)

Brad has a sponsored ad for www.Swoopo.com on the Black Friday homepage. I have noticed it several times and WOW at the prices that some items go for! The one today says that a Wii went for $25. That's just unheard of. And the other day I noticed that a laptop went for a little over $100. It says on the registration page that the items are all brand new. But what I'm wandering is if anyone has ever used this site before? Are these genuine new, good products (not damaged)? I'm know Brad would never lead us astray, but these prices just seem to good to be true. I was just wandering before I tried it if anyone else ever had.

Like the saying goes, if it sounds too good to be true...

And I don't choose those ads. That's all handled through Google. Companies bid to have their ads shown on GD and whoever bids the most gets their ads shown. I (or GD) doesn't endorse or recommend any particular site you might see in those ads.

Like the saying goes, if it sounds too good to be true...

And I don't choose those ads. That's all handled through Google. Companies bid to have their ads shown on GD and whoever bids the most gets their ads shown. I (or GD) doesn't endorse or recommend any particular site you might see in those ads.

That's what I thought.

Also see here for an explanation:

http://www.techcrunch.com/2008/09/24/swoopo-entertainment-shopping-with-a-hint-of-scam/

Those prices are not actually what you pay for the item...

I did read about the dollar bid thing plus if you look at the bottom of the page (for an item) there is a shipping charge too. Seems stupid to bid till close to the item end. Looks like it could wither be a hidden gem or a really big mistake.