Walmart Secret Sales this year?

frankie161

The sale was held Saturday November 8th. I purchased the HP laptop for $298.00 They actually had them at 10:30am at my store. It was so secret that hardly anyone knew about it. I found it by accident on their website Friday night. My neighbor got there first thing in the morning but had to leave because the lines were taking so long due to the $100 gift cards people were getting with the games. She went back at almost noon and they still had the laptops. They ended up even offering the $100 gift cards online when you purchased the PS3 or Xbox system....dont remember which one, I have a Wii and didnt need one. My neighbor told me last night that her friend wanted a laptop and was went to Walmart on Sunday the 9th. They obviously were out but told her they were doing another secret sale but didnt know when. I would just check their Websites Friday and Saturday nights!

was my first ever BF experience. My town only has a WM so that is where I went with a friend. There was nothing in the ad that I wanted but I wanted to go for the experience. Way after Thanksgiving dinner I went the the WM website and sighed up for text messg alerts about secret items. That is how I found out about a "variety of lap tops" for $283.

When I got to the store, I was handed a map of where Items would be located and the secret sale items were listed on the back but did not give a location. Finally, I found a manager and asked here where they were. She took me to none other but the SHOE department and put me in a small line in one of the isles. She looked at two associated up front and said, "she

#7". I asked the person in front of me, just how this worked. He explained that there were 11 laptops thus 11 places in line and it was first come, first choice on your brand. The to men up front took a Telxon and began doing price overrides on the computers to make them $283. One dude left the line so I was bumped to #6. They would not let you touch, but you could look through the card at the side of the boxes at the SPECS. When it turned 5, the first 4 people in line proceded through and took the 4 Dells. The person in front of me and myself took the 2 Toshibas. My friend behind me got the only Acer. The others were Compaq and HP. It was as easy as that.

Here's my reason for de-lurking. Does anyone know if they will be doing text updates for secret items tomorrow night? Also, does anyone have insight into secret sale items? That Toshiba went to my mom, but I would love to have one for myself at that price!

Thanks for listening to the long winded post of a newbie!:)

I went to Walmart today because my can opener of all things went out and the manual one we could not find, while I was there I asked if they had any salespapers for tomorrrow and found it odd that the reply I got was no but we will be handing out flyers in the morning.