Walmart Secret Sales this year?

frankie161

My Uncle works at Walmart and he just confirmed that they will have a laptop this weekend for $298. Compaq 2gb. He is trying to get more info for me.

Can you please also get the day, if it is Saturday or Sunday? Pretty pleaseeee:)

If there is a secret sale, Could we speculate it might be this one which is $298., as it is the cheapest model with 2GB on walmart site ? http://i.walmartimages.com/i/p/00/88/44/20/46/0088442046380_150X150.jpg

Compaq 15.4" Presario CQ50-211NR-E Laptop PC w/ AMD Athlon X2 Dual-Core QL-60 Processor

$578.00

* 15.4" LCD screen

* 1.9 GHz AMD Athlon X2 Dual-Core processor

* 2 GB RAM, 160 GB hard drive

* DVD burner, Vista Home Basic

Model#: CPQ CQ50-211NR $578.00

New Item!

Availability:Online -Not Sold In Stores

He just called me back and he thinks the sale is actually on Sunday. He said they are calling it "Pandemonium Sunday" so he thinks there will be lots of other special sales. When he finds out more, I will post. As a side note, if anyone is interested, they will be putting "Kung Foo Panda" on the shelves on Saturday even though it does not officially come out on Tuesday.

He just called me back and he thinks the sale is actually on Sunday. He said they are calling it "Pandemonium Sunday" so he thinks there will be lots of other special sales. When he finds out more, I will post. As a side note, if anyone is interested, they will be putting "Kung Foo Panda" on the shelves on Saturday even though it does not officially come out on Tuesday.

Thank you for the info. :) If he gives you more information before the weekend, please post it.;)

Ok..my Uncle says the laptop sale is Sunday and they will also have an accessory kit with a wireless mouse, laptop sleave, and wireless headphones for 49.88 that would normaly cost I think he said 79.00.

---

UPDATE: Continue discussion of Saturday's particular sale here: http://forums.gottadeal.com/showthread.php?t=124318

This thread will remain open for discussion of potential future weekly sales.

- Brad

Yep, the jokes were pretty funny. The merchandise they offered for the secret sale was kind of a joke too. ;)

Wife went to walmart yesterday to find out about the specifics... store manager had no clue, electronics manager had no clue, hourly employee knew where the machines were in the back, but did not know much else... Walmart secret sales continue to be super secret. They offered to let my wife buy one for giving them the heads up, but it was not on sale yet :( . Guess I will have to wait in line like everyone else. This will be my backup incase BF at BB does not go my way.

I hope to see some of their electronics on the list. My birthday actually is the day of Black Friday This year and I cant wait to get some good deals

BF is my birthday, too, this year! And I'm planning to milk it for all it's worth!

The secret sales are a joke. Bath robes and DVD box sets that they have till Valentine's day.

Wal Mart has dropped the ball over the years. They believe they are the only option in town and they try to bully everyone around with their letters to websites about not posting this and posting that. I would figure they would want to get as much advertisement as possible. BB does not seem to mind.

actually their secret sales were pretty decent last year that was how i got my HD DVD player cheap.

Didn't they announce the secret sale online only last year? Wasn't that where the big projection tV and like 4 or 5 other things were listed. If I remember correctly the list came out Thanksgiving online. The early bird sale was something different (with the laptop ect.). Maybe they will do that this year. Not that it matters because last years items on the secret list were a joke.

Can anyone who did the Secret Sale last year give some clues/tips? I really want a laptop and that's the only one in my price range so I'd like to try my darnedest to get one.l

Get there very early!

Usually when you get there the employee at the door will have a list of the "secret Items" and where about they will be in the store. Once you get there they will help you find your way to what you are looking for if you cant find it.

Its an awesome ordeal i went last year and got the Panasonic camcorder, hp digital camera, and the Plasma t.v.

*Hint* If you are planning on getting more than one secret item, take another person with you to stand in line at the other secret item. Because By the time you get out of the line at that one, all the others items will be gone too. I remember last year i was first in line for the camcorder, but there were tons of people who waited for hours behind me who never got one.:(

GOOD LUCK! :)

When I shopped BF @ WM last year, I got the cell phone updates by text message. I went to the store w/mom and we searched and searched for the secret item we wanted (kitchen aid stand mixer). No employees knew what we were talking about. I even showed them the text on my phone. Customer service didn't even know. We ended up finding two on the shelves, scanned them, and they were at the secret sale price! They were not with the BF items last year, and I am assuming that it will be the same this year. Familiarize yourself with the store and where your secret sale items are located ahead of time!

When I shopped BF @ WM last year, I got the cell phone updates by text message. I went to the store w/mom and we searched and searched for the secret item we wanted (kitchen aid stand mixer). No employees knew what we were talking about. I even showed them the text on my phone. Customer service didn't even know. We ended up finding two on the shelves, scanned them, and they were at the secret sale price! They were not with the BF items last year, and I am assuming that it will be the same this year. Familiarize yourself with the store and where your secret sale items are located ahead of time!

How do you sign up for the text messages?

They did have 5 items that you could view online Thanksgiving Day. One of the items was Shrek 3 for 12.99. I got it for my kids!

I got that Shrek movie too. Our walmart is a 24 hour one and we just went in and picked up all the items we needed and then waited for the 'ripping of the paper' for the doorbusters. However, the shrek movie was just sitting on the shelves in their regular place and were not marked 12.99. I asked an associate and they were basically clueless about it and didn't get the sale marked until after the offical start time of the doorbusters. I felt so special, I think I was the only one in the store that knew they are 12.99. lol :smirk:

I'm not sure if this is considered part of the secret sale or not, however in the Wal-Mart circular that was in the newpaper today, it mentioned checking online on Thanksgiving for special deals. But it didn't say what those deals would be.

Saw it on my flyer too..says to check wm website for dozens of deals online-only thanksgiving day. I was hoping to have them in stores.........:confused:

How do you sign up for the text messages?

You can sign up either by going to this web site and entering your cell phone number http://instoresnow.walmart.com/mobile-info.aspx?id=100

or dial #WMT and hit send.

Copy and paste the link if you choose to sign up that way. If you click on the link, it won't take you to the right page.

I was never charged last year and haven't been charged so far this year. I've been sent text messages for secret sales and other sales during the season.

Edited by sunsets
added more info

I got that Shrek movie too. Our walmart is a 24 hour one and we just went in and picked up all the items we needed and then waited for the 'ripping of the paper' for the doorbusters. However, the shrek movie was just sitting on the shelves in their regular place and were not marked 12.99. I asked an associate and they were basically clueless about it and didn't get the sale marked until after the offical start time of the doorbusters. I felt so special, I think I was the only one in the store that knew they are 12.99. lol :smirk:

Yeah, but then you've got Shrek 3... so you see the problem. :P

were there any extra fees on your cell phone from doing this? and do they only send you messages on bf?

I signed up for the text alerts and they have nothing on their website about a sale this weekend yet. I saw a paper sign in the door on my Wal-mart last night but I was running late and didn't get to read it. I think it said something about blitz items or time. I will check it again tonight.

Cool I signed up for the alerts, thanks!

By entering your phone number, you certify that A) you are the account holder or B) have account holder's permission to do so. Walmart Holiday Alerts are a monthly subscription. There is no charge for this service. With your subscription, you will receive up to 3 Walmart Holiday Alerts per week for each Alerts category chosen. You may opt out at any time by sending STOP to any text message received from this program. For help, reply HELP to any text message received from this program or call #WMT, or (866) 569-0347, then press 0. Walmart Holiday Alerts available on AT&T, Alltel, Sprint, T-Mobile and Verizon Wireless. Product is not compatible with all cell phone models.