How do YOU handle your Christmas electronic purchases?

laddhorn

Most electronics work fine out of the box. But what about those few faulty ones that sneak through the quality control?

Most stores have decent return policies. Will you be able to exchange that expensive electronic item for another AFTER Christmas easily? Or will you end up having to go through the manufacturer?

Should you TEST the item before you wrap it?

Yes, you guessed it. I'm about to buy a gaming console for my son. But I DO need to make sure it works.....right?:cheesy:

If you're buying a gaming system, it should be something they would keep in stock year round. You really have to be careful if you plan on buying a doorbuster item on BF that they don't normally stock - or one that is stocked just for that day. That's when you have a problem if it doesn't work.

WRAP IT UP. I never test tings before I give them out. I t did come back to bite me one time, but it was okay- the store exchanged it for me. Like the other poster said check your receipt.

Also last year walmart was a little sneaky with the electronic door busters. The GPS had a 15 day return policy and that was only listed on the receipt. So read your receipt carefully.