Letter Received from Walmart's Legal Representatives

Brad

instead of contacting walmart like we did last year (which got out of hand when a couple people crossed the line), if anyone is upset about this, consider reporting this news to your local newspaper or tv station, national news organizations, major blogs, digg the story on the home page, etc... just point them to the black friday site home page: http://blackfriday.gottadeal.com

that serves to both get walmart some bad publicity as well as get our site some good publicity :)

well, this is hardly a surprise. C&D happens every year, this time they were just proactive. in any case, the as will still get leaked. only takes a single instance of it and its out.

at least Walmart is open to it being released on that monday before. alot of other retailers wont even tolerate that.

The 'official' release date for Walmart BF ads is November 24th?! Good thing they cleared that up! :tongue1:

Sarcasm aside, that's the price you pay for being famous. ;) Guess they didn't really say anything unexpected, just repeated what was said last year in a more 'official' manner. I agree with pretty much everyone else that they've been real party poopers. But, then again, what have they really had to offer in the last few years? I remember getting a great deal on a great laptop at their pre-BF special a while back. Now, ever since their legal suits have stepped in their BF offers have been pretty bland. :(

Even so, the ads will still get leaked somehow. But I guess if they really don't have much to offer anymore we really won't be interested in seeing their ads early, anyways.

And...let the games begin. It amazes me how proud they are of crappy ads. In the passt I have liked their ad, but, the last couple of years it hasn't been anything to write home about. I picked up a few things but didn't spend nearly as much there as in years past.

I wasnt going to shop there this year anyway... Target has earned my BF business since this happened last year.

I don't plan on shopping at Wal-Mart either on BF. It seems as if the Wal-Mart locations in my area are very disorganized and the integrity of their employees is somewhat questionable. I much rather shop at Target any day.

I always wondered why my daddy (God rest his soul) said that "Wal-Mart was a bunch of communists.":tongue1:

I guess I don't understand because I can't see how GD releasing the ad early could do anything but be a positive thing for WM.....and how this type of legal action could be anything but negative publicity.

If they spent as much time putting together a decent BF ad as they do threatening legal action, maybe they wouldn't put out the snoozers they've been passing off as BF ads the last few years.

They don't have to worry about me shopping there on BF anyway; there are too many other stores with real ads to waste my time at Wally world.

Walmart sends this type of letter to the newspaper I work for every year as the paper prints the ads in bulk in advance. However, my brother works in the press room and is one of the people "authorized" to see the ad, so I always get a sneak peek.

they have to let it be released on the 24th because of people like me who get their walmart ads in the mail (I suspect I will get mine on the 25th we usually get them on the Tuesday before. I'm eager for their ad (despite the letter) now because I just found out tonight I need a new printer and you can always count of Walmart having them cheap on Black Friday)

"Commercially Valuable" Are they kidding me! The only value of late is that we can be assured we are getting a deal some place else. Spent no money there on BF last year, and this year looks like a repeat. I sure hope their ad doesn't get placed on myspace or even better, CNN can do a story on it like it did a few years ago. Down w/ Walmart, Up with better priced stores.