Walmart news article about starting holiday pricing NOW!!

abentley

The survey finds more than one-third of Americans buy gifts for their children first. Walmart has identified 10 popular toys, priced each at $10, to help parents get a head start. The toys are:

-- Barbie and her dog, Tanner -- Barbie Mariposa (a beautiful butterfly-winged Barbie) -- Play-Doh Ice Cream Shop -- Assorted Littlest Pet Shop VIPs -- Hot Wheels Trick Tracks -- Hot Wheels Beast Bash -- Fur Real Newborn Animals -- Tonka Light and Sound Vehicles -- Doll Stroller -- Backugan by Spinmaster In addition to these great values, Walmart.com is currently accepting pre-orders for the highly-anticipated release of Elmo Live. The latest Elmo will be available in-stores and online on October 14, but customers can reserve their Elmo Live today by pre-ordering at http://www.walmart.com/elmo.

I just read several articles related to this story. Wal-Mart is opening their Christmas departments within the next 10 days because a survey determined that people will be starting their shopping earlier this year. I'm not sure how well that will actually work but if they decide to play Christmas music this early I'll turn around and walk out.

Our Walmart only has the Barbie Maripossa Doll and the Fur Real newborns for $10. I went looking to find the Littlest Pet Shop VIP's but they are still full price. Went to Target and they have LPS VIP's for $10 so I went ahead and bought one of each;) Once again Target wins out over Walmart.

Bring on the christmas music I'm ready ! Well maybe not until halloween is over, I dont want to waste a holiday LOL

Whatever happened to Thanksgiving, It seems more inportant to me than halloween!, I wish they would wait until at least the middle of November.