portable DVD players

glm777

Hi everyone. Does anyone remember where and how much the portable DVD players were going for last BF? I'd love to get one for my nephew (7) this year. Also- any suggestions that might make it easier for me to pick a decent one(ie: screen size)?

Thanks!:)

Hi everyone. Does anyone remember where and how much the portable DVD players were going for last BF? I'd love to get one for my nephew (7) this year. Also- any suggestions that might make it easier for me to pick a decent one(ie: screen size)?

I got an audiovox 9" screen with a car charger, elec charger, 2 sets of headphones, carrying case plus a case that hangs from the headrest for car viewing. I got it at BJ's for $70, it works great and it also plays cds and has a port to plug in video games

audiovox 10" at Target (exclusive per box) is clearanced to $104 right now regularly $150, but the reviews on line are so bad Im going to pass and not wait for them to go down. actually audiovox got pretty bad reviews in general. I want one thats going to last for my daughter.

Im going to buy walmart's GPX pink portable DVD player. Its $100 for a 8.5 inch, but it has a USB slot to play pics ,etc. I have $50 Walmart card I just redeemed from MyPoints and a $25 one I got from my husband's work. So $75 off coming. $25 plus tax isn't too shabby. Plus its in pink, my daughters signature color. LOL (also comes in blue and red). Free shipping to store

I purchased two at Best Buy last Christmas. They were Dynex brand which is their store brand. By July, one had a battery that wouldn't charge any more. I took it back and asked about it. They told me it only had a 90 day warranty. I asked if I could get something off a new one then since it wasn't even a year old. They offered to sell me the same one at the same price I purchased the first one and recommended I buy their service plan. I turned that down. Came home and emailed the company. I did get a $50 gift card from them for my trouble. The second one is now with a dead battery.

I now have to buy two new dvd players. I WON'T buy from them again. I expected them to last at least a year. Neither made it to that. I will spend my $50 on something else. I will look elsewhere for a DVD player. I am tired of company's that won't back their product without you paying them too! Makes me doubt their confidence in their product. But that's another rant.

Just wanted to share my experience for what it's worth.

I'm looking for a portable one too. One that will possibly fit in a case to put on the back of the seat. I saw the kid tough dvd players Fisher Price has out now. I was considering that but I kinda wanted one with dual screens. I've been looking and I did see that audiovox for $104 and the bad reviews and passed on that. I don't want one of the cheap ones with crappy reviews, I hope they have a good brand at a good price for BF.

I know Walmart has a 7" or 8" of some sort every year on BF. Im thinking $50? I just know every year for the past 4 years they have had them

Do they have any of the dual-screen portable DVD players on sale on BF? I was wanting to get a set cause I have a 2 yr and a 4 yr old and only have one potable dvd player and we are planning to go on a beach trip and its a 8-9 hour drive and I need a set.

• 1 month later...

Do they have any of the dual-screen portable DVD players on sale on BF? I was wanting to get a set cause I have a 2 yr and a 4 yr old and only have one potable dvd player and we are planning to go on a beach trip and its a 8-9 hour drive and I need a set.

Tgt has a 7" dual screen TruTech on sale for 88. I just bought 2 yesterday (going to price adjust on Friday). We took one out the box and looked at it and it looks good. Plays well and has a remote (doesn't do the volume though) and u can plug in video games and camcorders. They seem really nice, and we got 2 sets for the price of one (once we p.a.)

Okay, I don't know much about them but I'm considering the walmart 8" LCD portable dvd player for $49 plus $10 extra for case versus the 7"one at Kohls that comes with accessories for $49.99 plus I would get $10.00 back in coupon and would get 5%off. So Kohls would be cheaper but I'm questioning if 8" makes a big difference and LCD screen? Which would you buy? I will be buying two.

I just purchased a 8.5 inch dvd player with case from geeks.com this morning. It is refurbished but I have been buying refurbished electronics from them for about 4 years now and have had no problem with anything from them. The first item I bought was a Kodak digital camera. It was refurbished and still working great. If anyone is interested here's the link to it. It's 59.99 & 1.99 shipping.

http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=PDV-808-R

I have been using the one from walmart for 2 years and havent had any problem. Its 49.99 again this year.

Never could get the one from Walmart to add to my cart. I kept getting a "cannot configure this item at this time" message.

Tried to get the same one from Kmart (same advertised price) but would always show $79.99 in the cart.

Opted for the one from Kohl's. $79.99 then you get a $30 rebate. Had a 15% off coupon and free shipping. Also earned $10 Kohn'ls cash on this alone. It's too early to add up the bottom line, but I guess around $35. Then I linked to Kohl's via my Ebates account for 8% cash back. Not to mention Ebates has a $10 bonus if you spend at atleast $10 by clicking from their site. So that drops it down to roughly $25.