Is it worth going?

dbaby4ever

I always shopped TRU on line on Thanksgiving day and was able to get alot of their doorbusters that way.

Thanks for the idea!

The line to checkout in TRU is so long every year!!! It's as bad as the line at Best Buy! It goes through the entire store, and if you're buying a bunch of toys you kind of need a cart but you can't push it through the store it's impossible. But for the most part they do have a lot of the toys that are on sale so it's easy to get most of what you want from there (unlike other places that only have 10 in stock). They are opening a new one here next month so it will be interesting to see how BF is there this year.

Our Toys R Us only lets a certain amount of people in at a time. Hours after the store opens there will still be a line wrapped around the outside waiting to get in. It does however let you shop without the crowds and most of the time all the doorbusters were still available (minus one or two of course). It's just the time you spend in line waiting takes away from your time to shop at other stores.

me and my mother went last year (it was our second stop) it was the first time I ever went to TRU on BF the lines were long but as soon as we got in the store she got a buggy and got in line and I ran around the store like a chicken with my head cut off and would bring the toys to her inline by the time I was done she was almost checking out worked out wonderfully and we will do the same this year

I have been there one time and it will be the last time. I wasn't familiar with the store at all, since our son is way past the age for toys. We had stopped to try to get some kind of sense of direction and had unknowingly stopped in a check out line. A woman cussed me out, I guess because she thought we were jumping line. I parked the one toy we had found on a shelf and got out of there.

TRU is def. CRAZY!!!

If you have a Babies r us try to go there for the infant toys.. last year i think they had diapers with a BF discount too... it is not nearly as crazy; most people forget to go there.. if you need big kid toys... you're stuck... TRU is it

Yes, but not at the opening. I have been able to go after the mad rush and get most items. Especially if you go through the carts of items up front. I have found hard to find DVD specials and other toys in the carts from people who didn't want them, or someone grabbed one for them not knowing they already got one.

I will try and do ALL of my toy shopping for DS4 before BF. Sometimes the deals online are better than BF. I tried TRU once and will never do it again. I was there for hours only to save $20. If I really need a toy that bad, then I will try and find it cheaper or just pay the extra $. Any toy that I know my DS has to have, I've picked up already usually on sale.

I have never been to TRU for BF. Now that I have a son I am def thinking about going. Are the deals really worth going for? How crazy is BF? I bet it is a mad house. :cheesy:

no, they are not worth going for. The good toy sales have started!!

TRU is worse than Best Buy in some ways. The entire store is filled with crazed moms and grandmothers that completely forget their manners. Ram you with carts, grab toys from out of your hands, crying kids that were dragged out of their bed at 3am, and then you have to wait in this line that wraps at least once around the entire store. All for prices that you can find in these few weeks BEFORE BF.

The better tru deals in my opinion are the ones in the big toy book that comes out the last weekend in Oct. The black friday deals are divided. Some are available for a few hours but the most are available all weekend. So unless you see something you must have and it is only on sale for a few hours I would wait and go to Tru later in the day or the next day. I would only run to tru on black friday if they had something I had to have and it was only on sale for a few hours.

A friend and I try to hit TRU since we both have young kids and one of us gets a cart and goes and stands in the check out line and the other shops and then we switch places and by the time we are both done, we are usually close to the check out. Works great. And luckily, we have never had any rude people when we were there.

I went last year to the store in West York thinking we could pick up the Zune. From what I heard, all the employees grabbed the Zunes b4 the store opened & anything that was left was grabbed by 2 men who grabbed the whole display & told everyone they could buy them from them on eBay in a couple hours. I walked outside, got on my laptop & got 1 online @ TRU. I will never go back to them on BF.

Last year we stopped at TRU. They were the 2nd stop on our list, we walked in, turned around and walked back out. The Check out line was wrapped around the entire lenth of the store inside.

AMEN!!! I went there one year and did the same thing, walked right back out. Our TRU is worse than our CC with their lines to check out. They only have 4 registers and it's usually over a 2 hour wait to check out. I've got 2 girls but I can save more money by going to other stores and getting their BF deals and just getting the girls stuff on a good sale some other time.

• 2 weeks later...
TRU is usually my last stop. By then the lines have gone down a lot, and they still have most of what I want. Of course, I'm usually after something video game related, and they are one of the only stores (besides Traget) that actaully seems to order plenty of the items (with exception to doorbusters of course).

Last year my TRU was so crazy that the fire marshall actually came and closed the store down! Luckily the people in line were able to stay in the store and they evacuated everyone else. Everytime someone came out of the store they let one more back in. I put my husband in line and ran through the store and got everything we wanted then I left him in line at TRU and went across the street to Target, got all my stuff, loaded it into the car, and drove back to TRU and he was just getting out of the store! I was worth it though, we got some great deals.

The TRU we went to last year had a big checkout lane set up through the clothing section and it was cordoned off with toys along the way. It was impossible to get into the line without entering from the back and nobody would let you by them - so we couldn't do the one person in line while the other shops thing. However, I do think our line moved pretty fast and I did get everything I wanted so it was ok with me.