Disney Mix Stick MP3 Player

peekaboo

My Target has the Camp Rock ones for $10.00 clearance also Pirates of the Carribean I think was $20.00 Does anyone know anything about these Disney Mix MP3 players? I was very temped to get it for the price, I know they are usually $40.00 but I do not know much about them. Has anyone else ever bought one or heard anything about them? Edited by peekaboo

Does anyone know anything about these Disney Mix MP3 players? I seen a Camp Rock one at Target yesterday on clearence for just $10.00. I was very temped to get it for the price, I know they are usually $40.00. I looked at them last year for my dd but did not know much about it and ended up not getting it. Can anyone shed any light on this item and if it works good or not.

I would have grabbed this! This is a good starter Mp3 player. I actually have the Cars one I use on the plane when traveling. I bought the Pirates version for my Nephew. It can be dropped and banged around quite a bit. The expansion slot works out well for me. His Mom is terrible at loading it for him so he switches his music at our house. We also have the USB charger you can plug into the wall outlet. That price is :cheesy: She will love it. I am going to check our Target to see if they have this also.

I got the Hannah Montana mix stick for my niece for Christmas. She's 6 so I think she's really going to like it... I like the fact that you can just add the clips instead of having to download the music. Oh yeah, I got her a couple of clips for it too... shopping for her is just about done... ;) Edited by KrisinTn

WOW!!! Thats a great price! I got my two little ones (8 and 6) the two different pirate styles. They like them. I would say by 10, your son may want the window to see what song that is playing or scan to the song he wants to hear. These you can only push next or back. And their is no display showing the name of the song. My kids got theirs for Christmas last year. I thought I got a good deal and I paid like $25.00.

Our Target had the Camp Rock one for $9.96, not sure of the particulars, its smaller than the ones I got the kids. Its funny, I bought extras of them last yr thinking birthday gifts for kids and never gave them as gifts. For summer treat, I gave the kids the mix max ones (son was the Spongebob fusion, daughter was Tink Mix Max), they love them and I didn't have to fork out the Ipod prices.

I picked up a CR for my niece, I wish the Pirates one would hit $10 here; I'd pick it up for my other niece.

They also had some of the Disney mix clips on clearance. Picked up one for $7.58 but then I decided to return it and buy a regular SD card and load it up with songs and give that to her. Same thing, but the SD card will be cheaper and I can put more songs on it then.

This is for a 10 year old but she has no experience with MP3 players so for this price I thought it was a good starter one.

For younger kids Toys R Us has the Sansa Shakers for 50% off this week for $12.50

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2763903

those are also expandable with SD cards.

must be in the miniority here LOL got one (the mix max that plays videos) last christmas for dd- worked okay for holding music - used a free site- but I was very bummed at the limited choices for the movies/ videos cards that you can buy for it. Also all the ones available to download from the mix max site where pretty limited too- & it only would hold like 1, unless you put a memory card in it. I also had a hard time getting them to format correctly, and after many tears from my dd (she really wanted to be able to watch videos on it) we bought her an IPOD Nano- sooooo much better!!! and she was 3 1/2 at the time and it has held up well, she is now 4 BTW) we did get the extended plan in case something happens to it. We got the 8 gb so it would hold lots of videos/ tv shows. She still uses it daily.

i got the pirates one for my godson a month ago for his birthday. he's 9 and he really likes it - or at least that what he says. my girlfriend tells me if he isnt on the xbox, hes using it, plus he rides with it on the bus to school. he was really into the whole pirates thing, and i picked this one up on amazon for really cheap - like $15 or something. plus, you can get extra storage if your kid has alot of music or movies.

I will have to check on the Camp Rock one at Target.

I wanted to get my Niece(8) the ipod shuffle ( I love mine, just clip it on and it stays in place when I go on my runs) But my brother vetoed the idea (party pooper:D) Hopefully the Camp Rock Mix Stick will work for her and for that price if it does end up lost it isn't as big a deal.

Make sure you scan it no matter what the tag says. Ours were all marked 27.98 but ringing up 9.99 yea! I got the last two they had for that price. My girls love them. I am giving my 3yr old my old Cars one that would only hold like 60 songs and up grading to the 500 song Camp rock one.